Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TAG Public Editorial: More questions than answers?

Quote Originally Posted by Legaron
    And I know you don't think this is the same thing, but why is your CEO alowed to leave and our Council leaders aren't? By the way...they didn't even leave the planet. Just Tir.
    Are you trying to suggest that the council had superiors to report to?

i believe he is suggesting that the council members did not feel safe by the open threat placed to thier security by Omni-Prime, who have NO authority over members of the council. In order to safgaurd themselves they went into hiding. the fact that Omni-Tec feel confident that they can arrest the CoT speaker with impunity ilustraights perfictly why Claners will never trust OT. ndividuals within OT to an extent yes, but as a corperation? sorry i would rather terminate my life ensurance and play tag with Heckler.

Just a couple of minutes ago several clanners have been arrested. Including Cordell Kirklin of my clan Assembly, Thor Mastablasta, Enrima, Portman and Tommy Berrenger.
    They were asked by Omni-Pol elite troops to come to ICC without giving a reason. When they arived at the scene they were immediatly transported. Their whereabouts are unknown.
    After everyone was transported the Omni-Pol elite squad left towards Omni-Trade District. When me and several other Clanners followed them, demanding answers with arival in Omni-Trade we were attacked by Omni-AF Urban Troopers.
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

....but why is your CEO alowed to leave and our Council leaders aren't? By the way...they didn't even leave the planet. Just Tir.
    The difference is that he did not have a choice, his bosses wanted to see him. The first CoT was not ordered to leave nor did they tell eveyone that they would be leaving for a time.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Frankly..at the moment I'm so angered that I don't care one tiny bit.
    This is the reason why they did not go in the first place!
    They were taken into custody without being told why.

For crying out loud..They arested a nanotechnician...Even better, a ranger that doesnt know how to pull a trigger let alone shoot a rifle!

Gladly they escaped and found themself in Omni-1 HQ. They gridded out and are now in safety. One of them had been punched in the face with a broken nose...And this is friendly interogation? I wonder what they'll do to one who shot Ross.
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

Ghost you see now why we will never trust you and yours?

Question Ross was set up!

As some of you may know, i have agents many places that watch things and so far no one has made a couple of observations that my agent that was at the event noticed. Ross's position at the time of the shooting was..... most peculiar. Why was he standing where he was for addressing the people?
    Given the prominence of locations around Entertainment, the location that Ross was standing wouldn't be considered ideal by anyone. On that particular platforn to give a speech yes, that location raises a bit of question about Ross's staffers that no doubt set up that presentation in the first place. I can't help but wonder if some hard questions should be placed on his staff that set up the presentation in the first place. Those familiar with nano and nanite tech know that there are at least 3 technological tricks that can be used to offset gas restricitions. All are very rare and very tightly controled by the people that know about them, not the least of which are the scientists of Omni. Its doesn't matter which one was used, suffice to say it was and Ross was shot. The used of such technologies if rather expensive. The trail is there... just need to look for the right signs.

Just from what my operative has found it apprears that Ross may have been shot by a remotely operated drone. such fire platfor drons pay no attention to gass, just as ghrds auto attack opposit faction, a Dron could have been set to target Ross as something other then Omni. No doubt many of you could thinkg of oteher ways that gas can be neutralized. Needless to say, Ross was not shot by your average citizen of any faction.
    I am out of estrogen and have a Nuke

Polmara 217 NT/AL 18
    Sharazade 146 MP/AL 8
    Matashari 153 enf/AL 4 [pre SL opi piercing freak]

Exactly, there is no way a "normal" person could have performed the extreme feat of killing Mr.Ross in that way.

Sabotage of a nearby turret is a way more believable theory than most other I have heard.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

It makes sense.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Understandable...still strange to me is that Employees of the corporation were easily urged to blame Clanners, yet got angry when the finger was pointed at the Corporation itself.

Keeper of Assembly

Never count out the possibility of an inside job. Unlikely, considering the devotion many in OT have to their employer, but not entirely impossible. Likewise, it could be someone in the Dust Brigade as well. I think everyone on all sides need to take a step back and wait. Though, being Clan, I do not condone the break-and-enter tactics used by Omni-Pol, but considering that it's their boss that got sniped, would we do nothing less to get answers?
    Natasha "Tashania" Niacescu, 66 Nanomage Engineer
    Leader of ~Society of Salvation~

"Nothing that a good 5/8" wrench won't fix. Unless it needs duct tape. Then always use duct tape."

Understandable...still strange to me is that Employees of the corporation were easily urged to blame Clanners, yet got angry when the finger was pointed at the Corporation itself.
    Fact is that atleast one hundred independent clanners stepped forward and claimed responsibility for the shot. They did so, ignorantly, to gain prestige and respect. That would, in my mind, serve as a good way to atract attention.

Virenn, I agree with you about the point that we should not ignore the possibility of an inside job. Allthough to me it seems very unlikely.
    I am also able to see the intrusion made by Omni-Pol from your side. It must have felt much like someone elbowing you in the side for the hundreth time while you were waiting in a line. I understand you felt invaded and stepped on.
    Nevertheless I must emphatize.... ALL measures were taken at the time. NO possibility or clue left unchecked. ANY means taken to get to the bottom of those clues. And I think they had no other choice than to march into that beehive for answers.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    Virenn, I agree with you about the point that we should not ignore the possibility of an inside job. Allthough to me it seems very unlikely.
    I am also able to see the intrusion made by Omni-Pol from your side. It must have felt much like someone elbowing you in the side for the hundreth time while you were waiting in a line. I understand you felt invaded and stepped on.
    Nevertheless I must emphatize.... ALL measures were taken at the time. NO possibility or clue left unchecked. ANY means taken to get to the bottom of those clues. And I think they had no other choice than to march into that beehive for answers.
    When trying to get to the bottom of any investigation with a mystery, the unlikely, however improbable, must also be looked at.

"Nothing that a good 5/8" wrench won't fix. Unless it needs duct tape. Then always use duct tape."

From what I know and what I've read tampering with a security turret or android seems the easiest way to have attacked Mr. Ross. Perhaps if I were a Nanotechnician instead of an Engineer I'd see things differently. I do know that I'd rather see Mr. Ross in charge of Omni's interests on Rubi-Ka instead of other factions in the company who may not be so inclined to allow Neutrals who cause no trouble to remain neutral. I'm very worried about the near future here on Rubi-Ka.
    "The ability to drink blood pales in comparison to the power to devour souls..."
    -Soulreaverr (Shade)
    -McKaine (Engineer)
    -Scattergun77 (Trader)

Well, balistic testing on the fragment has shown that it came from a sniper type rifle more likely than a drone weapon.

One of them had been punched in the face with a broken nose...And this is friendly interogation? I wonder what they'll do to one who shot Ross.
    Hmm.. if someone used a broken nose to punch me with, I'd assume it'd hurt him more than me - provided he was using his own broken nose..

Ehh.. oh, I see.. my bad.. (Hehe.. )

Virenn is right, wenever a person of high rank is attacked it is vitally important to sort through one's own backyard as well. Not only to find out who did the actual attacking, and how, but also at who's behest it was done.
    And as far as loyalty goes, history is rife with people attacking their own side out of more or less misguided loyalty.

Yes, a bunch of clanners were stupidly hungry for the limelight and claimed responsibility, no doubt they were quickly dismissed as the publicity hungry weirdos they are. However, they also provided an unfortunate trigger, in that most Omnis habitually accuse the clans whenever something goes wrong - much like clanners accuse omnis.
    And it is also true that most clanners would not be very cooperative in discovering the truth about this cowardly attack, forgetting that most often it is better to deal with the devil you know..
    (And yes, I did indeed say "cowardly". I believe in fighting my enemies face to face and not from half a city away.)
    But still, there're more ways than one to skin a leet - it might not have been necessary to use force if those people had been approached in the right manner. Although I guess some habits die hard, even amongst security personnel.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Eh you get my point... [my bad grammar ]

Keeper of Assembly

Hehe, yep, I get your point.
    Funny thing is, there's some OP officers where it wouldn't be a surprise to me if they did use their own broken nose to hit prisoners.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

I'm not trying to insinuate anything, but in many cases of historical assassination, there was a security leak someplace within the people that are set to protect said person. Perhaps there was a hole there, either by a security guard being lax, paid off, or whatever. This could have allowed a Clan person with a desire to strike at the head of Omni-Tek. Or perhaps it was someone within OT itself with an axe to grind. Or maybe even a Neutral that thought, in his or her own mind, that the balance of power had tipped too far. *shrugs a little* I really don't know, I'm as much in the dark on this as the next person. If I had any answers, or even concrete proof, I would give it, so that we all, as citizens of Rubi-Ka, can move forward.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12