Thread: FJRK - A Clan Response

FJRK - A Clan Response

A Clan Response
    May 9th 29479 - By Malogar

FJRK - On the evening of May 7, Boss Ross was shot down by a sniper. Chaos and concern followed among the Omni-Tek employees, but what happened among the clans?

Is he dead? Is it a hoax? Is he wounded? A lot of questions, and all valid, but due to the lack of any real information, many people are not sure what to believe. With the help of my sources I hope to shed some light on the subject.

Our informants say it is not a hoax, and yes, Boss Ross was shot. No, he is not dead (according to Omni-Med), but did receive a critical wound in the chest. Currently he is locked away under heavy security (or so one would assume) within Omni-Med HQ in Rome, under the care of Omni-Med CEO, Rita Prestin.

Rumours have it that the old hack Prestin performed the surgery herself, but this has not been confirmed. Another rumour is that she made a statement a few hours after the attack, which left Omni-1 in a state of chaos, as hundreds of guards were commanded on the streets, including Omni-AF and Omni-Pol troops. They patrolled the area, asking their own employees for identification and questions about what they had seen and heard.

Many people have since asked, despite of affiliation, how this could happen. Well, it was Omni-Pol guards who were in charge of the security, so it would have to be their fault, and I am sure that Omni-Reform will have a field day if it proves an inside job. The big question, however, is who did it? No one knows yet, but there are some theories, involving the Dust Brigade, the ICC, Sol Banking, Omni-Prime, rogue clans, but no one knows for sure. Of course, the Omni’s will blame us, as always.

I spoke to a few Clan members of the community, on what they think Omni’s reaction would be and this was their response.

Ragunn: Too early to say, seeing there's no word of who did it. If it is a clanner - or they tell us it was a clanner -, then we'll see the war flare up again. If it was a disgruntled Omni-Pol officer, then I suspect Omni-Reform's going to have a nice time.

Vixentrox: Whatever OT releases is going to be viewed with su****ion by the Clans no doubt

If Ross dies, how does this concern us in the north? To be frank, if Ross does die from his wounds, then Omni-Tek will have to find a new CEO, one that might be put forth with a new agenda. Wipe us out.

Here, a few more statements from some clan members.

Fixerben: I'd like to express to everyone that I hope Mr. Ross recovers quickly from this attempt on his life, and gets back to the political table soon.

Ragunn: I don't hope for anyone to die. I will, however, say that we won't mourn his passing if he does die. Like I said - he's just one more casualty. . It doesn't matter if Ross survives or not. The fight against Omni-Tek will go on.

Vixentrox: Better the devil we know than the one we don't......and, since I think this was Omni vs Omni, Ross staying alive messes up their plans

So there you have the opinion of a few clans, but we all know there are a lot more opinions than this. Many have spoken out on the grid feed. Some have kept their opinions to themselves.. We will have to wait for Omni-Tek to release more information ….unless they just begin shooting at us…as they usually do.

I think it is to late to start worring about if a shooting match is going to break out but instead begin to worry about how to keep it under control and keep it from becoming another war on ALL sides.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

*cough* there IS a war on both sides...
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

What we have is compared to war as a campfire is comared to a flame thrower

We have yet to see the deployment of full military grade weaponry, space craft, large scale artillery, combat vehicals and the like.
    Last edited by Ghostfeather; May 11th, 2005 at 19:25:24. Reason: added info
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Cival Wars

Its the small cival wars brewing in the Big War that seems to be the issue.

Omni-Tek Vs Clan
    Omni-=Tek Wanting Peace With Clanners VS Omni-Tek Wanting To Wipe Out Clanners
    Clanners Wanting Peace With Omni-Tek VS Clanners Wanting TO Wipe Out Omni-Tek

Then you have the Nuetrals.
    Neutrals For Omni-Tek Vs Neutrals Against Omni-Tek
    Neutrals For Clan Vs Neutrals Against Clan

Then the few Neutrals that want to be remain Neutral and don't give a hoot about either side.

Its a Never ending battle but in every war thier is at LEAST one small civial war, usually it goes unheard of or unspoken of, but that doesn't change the fact that it is STILL there.
    "And when I vest my flashing sword And my hand takes hold in judgement I will take vengeance upon mine enemies And I will repay those who hase me O Lord, raise me to Thy right hand And count me amoung Thy saints ."

Akin "Deke" Marshall
    Director of SEID, Omni-Trans.

it could be

Maybe the aliens are starting to use the oh so fabulous weaponry they keep bringing to Rubi-ka. They obviously have the resources to land anywhere and go nuts on everyone concerned. Maybe because we have put up such a strong resistance to the invasion they popped in a small infantry unit to take a pot shot where it would hurt our society the most. It would be a fantastic way to get us to start pointing fingers at everyone else instead of them. Its a tactic that has been used since the dawn of history.
    Neogibu 220 Enforcer- Squad Commander, Paradise

It could be...

Hell with this...

Sergie! Found anything yet?

*laughs*

~Has so many troops and can't even guard his top man...~
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

Legaron, why bother asking when you will say everything is a lie and then not even give a shread of reason why while asking for more proof from us.

Now you're jumping ahead of yourself. We haven't seen any proof yet to even consider it being true or fake.

Keeper of Assembly

Hate to say it but all we can do now is wait... wait for the facts, once we know the facts, we will know where to "point the finger".
    "And when I vest my flashing sword And my hand takes hold in judgement I will take vengeance upon mine enemies And I will repay those who hase me O Lord, raise me to Thy right hand And count me amoung Thy saints ."

Akin "Deke" Marshall
    Director of SEID, Omni-Trans.

I don't know why Boss Ross doesn't just sit down and use a treatment kit. I've been beat to crap within a hair of my life and those puppies did me a world of good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfeather
    Legaron, why bother asking when you will say everything is a lie and then not even give a shread of reason why while asking for more proof from us.
    Let's try this:

OT security fails, for reasons unknown, to guard their supposedly most important principal on RK.
    Said principal is hit with a strange new virus that is only discovered when it's almost too late - when all standard procedures require a patient of Ross' caliber to be checked for anything and everythig, including but not limited to pregnancy, ingrown toenails, excessive earwax and split hair ends, not to mention anything looking even remotely out of the ordinary.

Now please tell us how come we can believe any- and everything relased by OT officials when it's not even clear who was behind this whole affair - not only who did the shooting but who set it up in the first place.
    As has been said before, many ways, many times, all three sides are made up of multiple sub-factions, each of which can cooperate with changing partners. And then OT off-planet has a little something to say as well - with resources beyond anything we can hope for.

Ok, it stands to reason that not all will be revealed. After all, it's standard operating procedure in any security agency - and doubly so in wartime. And furthermore, this is an excellent opportunity for the various propaganda machines around here to swing into action with all the usual consideration for the truth and trustworthiness.
    And I mean on all sides, of course, none is better than the others in this respect.
    But it still saddens me when I see people senselessly jumping onto the different band wagons and mindlessly repeat the same tired old phrases over and over without pausing to think.
    And I do believe that we'd see a lot less fighting if people began to use their own brains as opposed to just parroting stuff spread by politicians - who, by the way, excel in not spending their blood and life on the battlefield to any great extent.
    Millenia ago a king would lead his army into battle and he'd fight and die besides his soldiers - or go into captivity with them. Today, the closest thing a frontline trooper gets to the ruler is seeing him on a gridfeed, talking about how "everyone appreciates their sacrifice" and how "everyone is immensely proud of each filled body bag (Excuse me, I mean 'glorious hero'..)" and "the bereaved but proud widows and children cheer at news of a battle".. Frankly, I sometimes feel like showing those so-and-so people what war is like..

You can believe me or not, but I for one would like to see peace on RK - I just don't get my hopes up, as even without this incident it will take decades, if not centuries to achieve real peace. Now, as things are, I'd be more inclined to say centuries, sadly.
    We can't even cooperate against the greatest threat, we've faced yet - the aliens - due to a combination of propaganda and the legacy of civil war.

Hehe, ok, my point was actually to explain why I believe that whatever is publicized on this matter is to be viwed as less than 100% trustworthy - no matter who says it.
    I'm sorry i got carried away there. *shrugs*
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams