Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Assembly comments on Ross shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Legaron
    Times are different. Omni-Tek is in war with the Clans...so to answer your question. "Hell yes we will attack them".
    Ahh there we go, all the shooter has to do is hide in clan territory and let you protect him, reguardles of what faction he belongs to.

Many would say we now know where to look
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Subject : Director Sergeyich addressed the investigation

Director of Omni-Pol, Ivan Sergeyich, addressed the public in a short press conference in Omni-1 Entertainment tonight.

Sergeyich (49) assured that CEO Ross is alive, albeit on lifesupport in one of Omni-Med's facilities. Other than that, he commented on the ongoing investigation. IRRK brings the public excerpt from the statements.

- Let me be clear. As far as I am concerned, this is a global crisis. I don't care about any treaties, accords, or councils or militants. We will do whatever it takes to solve this crime and ensure that anyone and everyone who had a hand in this pays for it.(...) I will remind you now that we welcome assistance from our citizens in finding and apprehending the assassin, or assassins, and you can do so through the gridmail we have set up for this purpose. (...) Let me make myself absolutely clear. No part of Rubi-Ka is off limits to our investigation. Independent cities, local clubs, known clan towns and outposts.

IRRK follows the development of the Ross crisis, and will continue to update you.

Seems that you all have your wish, Philip Ross is nolonger calling the shots.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfeather
    Many would say we now know where to look
    What a load of bronto droppings.. you'll go far in OT, I can tell. I'm a fortune teller, you know.
    Seems that you all have your wish, Philip Ross is nolonger calling the shots.
    Was he ever?
    Director Sergeyich: No part of Rubi-Ka is off limits to our investigation. Independent cities, local clubs, known clan towns and outposts.
    Hehe, so they want to come and play on our turf? Ok, all the better: shorter commute then - more time for leet pie.

Seriously, I have no problem with OT security forces when I'm hunting stim runners or other unsavoury persons so I don't really think they'll pose any significant problem now.
    I'll leave them alone if they leave me and mine alone - however, if they really do want to play, I'll not be one to dissapoint them.

And as far as old sayings go, there's also one that says: throw a rock into a pack of Timberwolves and the one that yelps is the one that got hit.
    I really do wonder why some Ommers are so eager to point fingers at unspecified clans.. maybe they got something to hide and are trying to throw up a smokescreen?
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by jokzer
    And as far as old sayings go, there's also one that says: throw a rock into a pack of Timberwolves and the one that yelps is the one that got hit.
    I really do wonder why some Ommers are so eager to point fingers at unspecified clans.. maybe they got something to hide and are trying to throw up a smokescreen?
    Prehaps, there is a lot of "yelps" on both sides.

However much of that may also be due to the legacy all our conflicts have left us. One of mistrust, fear and hate. Nice to leave something lasting to the world is it not?

*chuckles at Legarons comments*

So now you're interested in proof? Funny, a few weeks ago you were all for the "because we say so" approach to accusations.
    Senobyte: Back in business
    Millgram: Psychologist, anthropologist, gentleman adventurer and cheese connoisseur

Live to 200 years old?
    I'm unsure where you get this idea, but it is well-known that the reason it is still difficult to live past the early hundred is because, while we may renew our physical bodies at will, the soul ages, and its bonds with the physical realm weaken. It is taught in schools, the way Insurance works. First of all, no one can be insured until their mid-teens (15 is the usual age where you are able to start Insuring), because the soul cannot handle the jolt that comes from Reclaim. Second of all, Insurance is only about 95-98% effective, so I would try and avoid death as much as possible, since there is still a slim chance that it will not work and you will find yourself without a clone to get into. Thirdly, at around age 80 average, the soul is too weak to go back to a clone using Reclaim technology. The reason Ross' case is so worrysome is that, first of all, at age 75 the chances of being able to successfully carry out a Reclaim are close to 25-50%, which is not a very nice percentage. Second of all, Ross decided that he did not wish to Insure himself, so he has spent his time on Rubi-ka without Insurance.
    On that matter, mayhaps you are confusing the concept of "Qualification Skill levels" as some may call it, level ranks awarded to Omni-Tek employees as their skills are recognized. The clans, I believe, have a similar, but of course, much more primitive, version of the skill level ranking, as do those who choose to not involve themselves in this conflict.

On further matters, I would agree with Ms. Savoy that the Clans should victimize themselves and be happy with the spoils the war has earned them. They will find no pity in either Omni-Tek employees or the fence-sitters, and the only thing they do by their constant mewling about their days of bondage, which are now long gone, is demeaning themselves when they could otherwise be applying for an excellent janitorial job with the Omni-Tek Corporation. Join our Family: Omni-Tek

Well given high quality nano medical tech, access to good cloned or replacement organs, a very closely monitered diet and a low stress life it is possable for some one to hit 200 years of age.

However from what I can tell of Philip Ross, none of this applyed to him, nor dose it apply to most of us.

Even if we did have access to all of what I just listed, you have to remember Rubi-Ka has a higher than norm background radiation count.

Again, it is near impossible to reach age 200 for the simple fact that the soul will eventually simply go away. No matter how healthy a body is, how much medical technology is applied, unless the soul is strengthened, this will not happen. You may reach the age of 120 or so, but you will be well away from using Insurance technology. People rely too much on Insurance and do not realize how imperfect it is, and how short a time one is able to use it.

What are they teaching in medical schools nowadays? Is this some sort of clan fantasy that has begun polluting the minds of our less-reputable Omni-Tek employees? Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Whaynn

What are they teaching in medical schools nowadays? Is this some sort of clan fantasy that has begun polluting the minds of our less-reputable Omni-Tek employees? Ugh.
    No, I simply said it was possable, given that several events are avalable to the person and even that is not going to promise you two centuries of life.

Even with my life being dedicated to cover ops I do expect to live a bit longer than Philip Ross, I do not envey him his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Senobyte
    *chuckles at Legarons comments*

So now you're interested in proof? Funny, a few weeks ago you were all for the "because we say so" approach to accusations.
    You might want to re-evaluate that. You are the ones that saw it as "becase we say so" while we had the proof...

I ask for proof because your Omni-Pol director wants to invade our cities. This is why I wan't proof, because maybe, just maybe this is a plot by Omni-Tek to fire you employees up. To make you hate us clanners more than you already did. And an excuse to invade our cities with it.
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

However much of that may also be due to the legacy all our conflicts have left us. One of mistrust, fear and hate. Nice to leave something lasting to the world is it not?
    Yeah, it's sad to come across people so badly affected by this senseless war - and their numbers are ever increasing..
    All fighters have their part of the blame, in my opinion.

But if we all just accept at face value what is put in the press or spoken by whatever leader we follow then this horrible war will never stop.
    What is required is for people to start thinking for themselves and to apply the same justice to all.
    That is why it is important to always seek out more information from other sources and to always remember that not everything is what it seems.
    And indeed to not trust one's secondary sources too much either, hehe. A small dose of paranoia will keep one alive on the battlefield but it can be handy in other circumstances as well.
    Tempus fugit.

Some don't have film.

-PHB/Scott Adams

Legaron, there is a chance you are right, but inorder to find out, we need the shooter. That is the key to finding which way the finger should swing. Would you really hide the one thing that could prove or disprove clan involvment?

Jokzer, you are correct in saying taking everything at face value is a poor idea for the truth is subjective. Fact, if three people see the same event unfold they will tell atleast three different stories.

Actually Legaron you may want to take some of your own advice and re-evaluate what you say. To quote you a few weeks ago on the subject of the RUR bounties when I asked you for proof

"Because you have no proof of something it doesn't mean it's not true".

Now I want to make this clear before you get all bent out of shape for me pointing out your hypocracy. I'm not actually saying that the clans carried out the assasination attempt. But you must admit they certainly have the motive and I'm sure that a rescourceful member of the clans could have carried it out. Then again so could a disgruntled OT employee.
    All I ask is that maybe you put a little thought into your words before you go spouting off the usual clan rhetoric.
    Millgram: Psychologist, anthropologist, gentleman adventurer and cheese connoisseur

The difference is that you asked me for proof when *I* did not have it. That does not mean that there was no proof and noone on my side of that conflict did not have any proof. This is why I asked you to re-evaluate it.
    In that specific case youre own organisation blamed us for something we did not do. Eventually your own organisation had to publicly appoligise to Assembly, because you found out the truth.

So yes...if you don't have proof, it doesnt mean its not true. But in this case I and a lot of people from different factions would like to see some proof when it's pointed out that a Clan member has shot Ross.
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

Gotta say it sucks that someone beat me to the shot..

*mutters*

Just needed one more sec...

~Bloudless
    Last edited by alto; May 12th, 2005 at 06:00:10.
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

Strange as it may seem I'm not actually disagreeing with you here Legaron. I would like to see some solid proof before any accusations are made. I just found it amusing that a few weeks back when i asked you for proof you couldn't provide anything solid, yet continued with your accusations against RUR.
    This is going way off topic though. Lets just leave it at that shall we?

Yes, agreed.

So far all seems quite, comparitivly speaking, has anyone witnessed first hand anything that is in direct result of the shooting.

So far all seems quite, comparitivly speaking, has anyone witnessed first hand anything that is in direct result of the shooting.
    I doubt very much that whatever is going on at this time (on either side) is going to be easily observed - we are in an intelligence gatering phase, if this progresses according to the millennia-old norm.
    (And personally I've always fournd the phrase "intelligence gathering" somewhat self-contradictory, given the agencies involved )

Later on, we're likely to see some little signs of activity and then possibly something big and spectacular.
    I place myself firmly amongst those who require good and solid evidence, though, as history shows that in times like these more than one (sub)faction may be trying to further it's own cause.
    Tempus fugit.

Some don't have film.

-PHB/Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by jokzer
    ......though, as history shows that in times like these more than one (sub)faction may be trying to further it's own cause.
    That is what has me worried.

That is what has me worried.
    Yeah. It's bad enough to be (more or less forced into) fighting a war, it's even worse to discover that one has been tricked into doing it for someone else's personal ambition.
    Then again, that's why soldiers traditionally never ask too many questions - we're bleeding and dieing, we'd just like to keep a little faith while we're doing it. And why some of us try do act with as much honor as a battlefield allow for.
    Tempus fugit.

Some don't have film.

-PHB/Scott Adams

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast