Thread: IPR / IP suggestion

IPR / IP suggestion

The whole concept of IPR is a great one. Having the ability to unlearn skills and learn new ones is always refreshing.

It would be much cooler if we got say 2 IPR per level that worked on any skill except Map Navigation. Getting IP points per title level is like giving us a single cherry from some lucious banana split waiting to be eaten.

Another thing that would be cool for team missions is the entire team could get 1 IPR poiint for each team mission boss they killed.
    .: Naraya :.

I've just come back after being gone for a long time. I missed the total reset but I do have 5 IPR points. How often do you get these? Is there any danger in me using them? Is it still "buggy" like the total reset was (or so I read in some posts).

You get IPR points whenever you gain a new title, though I don't reamember exactly how many you receive at higher title (and those points are cumulative). Title 1 gives 1 point, Title 2 gives 2, etc...
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

So what happens when there are no new title levels to hit and you get bored of say your nova flow and want to switch to an X3?

Maybe you'll get bored of pistols and go with a shotgun.

Maybe you'll get bored of trade skills and want to switch.

There are tons of reasons why IPR points should be more available than they are now. Those who have hit the ceiling can't get any more.

There are many of ways that this could be done. You could give IPR points to everyone in a team whenever they dropped a team boss. You could make an item that randomly drops anywhere (not nearly as rare as say Nullity Sphere) that gives you IPR points when consumed or used.
    .: Naraya :.

Yes! Variety is the ****e of life!

I'd love to be able to trade in my assault/ranged energy rifles for a while to go assault/mg/smg for a change of pace.

You really cannot do this with the current scant few IPRs allowed.

MORE MORE MORE!
    Primordiax RPG - Our World, Your Imagination
    http://www.primordiax.com

Muckbeast - MMO Game Developer Blog
    http://www.muckbeast.com

I believe that the current number of IPR points are somewhat liimited so that the dev team can observe how the points are used across the player base.

I am all for IPR, but there are certain exploitation (such as comp lit and perception equipments) that needs to be addressed first.

As they begin to see a healthy move towards more variety of characters, they may raise the IPR points in the future.

IMO, there are too many players who follow the path of least resistance at the moment.

Ofcourse, the game is not helping the cause by adding level and profession restrictions on items and nanoformulae.