Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ross Shot in Entertainment despite extra security

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Ross Shot in Entertainment despite extra security

May 7 29479

IRRK - Today Philip Ross was attacked while appearing in Omni-1 Entertainment.

For days now we have been listening and watching as word leaked out about the so called "State of the corporation" speech, that there were more security forces than ever before in the Entertainment District. Some claim to have even been attacked for no particular reason than looking “funny” to the new guards….Omni-Pol Elite forces I might add.

And although we share the thoughts and prayers of the omni citizens who wish Ross a safe recovery to this terrible attack, we can’t help but ask the question, that no one yet has dared to ask:

With so much extra security and some of the best technology in the universe….how does something like this happen?

Major patrols were moving in the city. Turrets had been built on rooftops to watch the skies. Omni-Pol had Gunships in the air. A flock of guards were posted around the area Ross was speaking. How can a company who declares in a proud voice that "Omni-Tek protects", let a single shot, not just get fired at their CEO, but sends the "Boss" into critical condition. It doesn’t make sense.

We at the IRRK have followed this story since it has happened and we will continue to do so. You can count on us to stay up to date and bring you unbiased information and raise important questions.

-Editor
    Last edited by Socialfly; May 8th, 2005 at 07:18:09.

Hmmmm...I wouldn't follow story to closely. In such situations it happens too quickly, that investigators turn to questioning and harrasing reporters. Especially in circumbstances where extendended security measures can hint on internal matter.

Ross is unpredictable and diplomatic to the core (not always a good thing). But he's been around for a while and we all got used to him. Hope he recovers quickly.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

No matter how tight the net, it can always let one or two fish slip free.

If the shooter was inplace before the extra security went into place, long before it, it is very likely that the shooter would have been over looked. Sleeper agents are extreamly hard to detect and even harder to find. I for one think that this assassination attemt may have been in the works sence the last state of the corperation address at the very least and more likely the shooter had his, or her, cover inplace for atleast 6 years.

Who ever the shooter was and who ever the shooters backers, they are not amatures, the security was to tight to make a spur of the moment attempt possable or to allow some one to slip in a few week or even months before the address.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

I am still stunned by the fact that something like this could happen.....

I was one of the employees scanning the rooftops only seconds after the shot was heard and I saw nothing.... NOTHING!!
    How can that be?

So many questions unanswered by this...

Hopefully Mr.Ross will recover quickly.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Nano technology has come a long way, there are now in limited numbers devices that operate in a similer fassion to that of a whom-pah. (the perk)
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Particularily easy to do if it was someone from within the corporation. Omni might want to look at who was in charge of security and what they had to gain by Ross getting removed. There's an opening for CEO of OT-RK coming open soon most likely....which Omni going to finagle thier way into it hmmm?
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Thumbs up

My Props go out to the assasin, for making such a quick escape! Keep it up guy.

You sicken me Blunt, you completly sicken me.

To encourage a man who's stupitity may triger events that will shatter the minds, souls and bodies of the people who live in this world, people who do not fight on any side but only try to make the best of every day that they live.

As sick as you may say I am also Ghost, I live for war. I will fight and die by my sword but none the less I do agree that Ross has done much to prevent war between Clan and OT but in my eyes it is a win-win situation for me.
    Miceckia-220/30 Keeper
    Tekdeath-1-199/22 Martial artist

Originally Posted by Snowbunnie
    Roleplaying is what you do when the sex in your marriage isnt going too good.

The Ninj00 Theorem: The one thing you have to know about high level raidbots , point systems , and camping is this; We'll never know I guess because timelapse nerfed my sig

signature over 10 lines [again], shortened by timelapse ;p

Oy. Really, you folks. Right now we've got an ongoing foray into the Shadowlands -- with a war there, to boot -- and an invasion by some as-yet unnamed alien intruders. For a person to go after a political figure in a time like this is proof enough that we're dealing with a nutjob...and for that same person to do a heist this big must mean that there's at least one clan, organization, or cult trying to cause the destruction of us all.

I don't care if you live for war -- at least have the peace of mind to restrict this war to those of us who won't be caught in the middle of it all.
    [Sedelyan] - Level 30-40 trader on Atlantean.
    [Sedelyan] - Level 10-20 adventurer on Rimor.
    [Anatia] - Level 1-10 adventurer on Atlantean.

"The future of classical music is in video games."

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfeather
    No matter how tight the net, it can always let one or two fish slip free.

If the shooter was inplace before the extra security went into place, long before it, it is very likely that the shooter would have been over looked. Sleeper agents are extreamly hard to detect and even harder to find. I for one think that this assassination attemt may have been in the works sence the last state of the corperation address at the very least and more likely the shooter had his, or her, cover inplace for atleast 6 years.

Who ever the shooter was and who ever the shooters backers, they are not amatures, the security was to tight to make a spur of the moment attempt possable or to allow some one to slip in a few week or even months before the address.
    First off, the people didn't even know that Ross was going to make a public appearance right before he made it, so the possibility of someone planning the attack could only come from someone who already knew Ross his scedual.

The shooter could not have been inplace before the extra security because they had already secured the place before they anounced the appearance. And even the best sleeper agent can't get stay hidden undetected with the security techonology that unicorn brought with them...that is ofcourse unless they knew more...
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

Yes I do agree, the assassination of a political figure as big as Ross at this time is very rash but we'll see the after effects soon enough.
    Miceckia-220/30 Keeper
    Tekdeath-1-199/22 Martial artist

Originally Posted by Snowbunnie
    Roleplaying is what you do when the sex in your marriage isnt going too good.

The Ninj00 Theorem: The one thing you have to know about high level raidbots , point systems , and camping is this; We'll never know I guess because timelapse nerfed my sig

signature over 10 lines [again], shortened by timelapse ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Legaron
    First off, the people didn't even know that Ross was going to make a public appearance right before he made it, so the possibility of someone planning the attack could only come from someone who already knew Ross his scedual.

The shooter could not have been inplace before the extra security because they had already secured the place before they anounced the appearance. And even the best sleeper agent can't get stay hidden undetected with the security techonology that unicorn brought with them...that is ofcourse unless they knew more...
    You seem to miss the nature of sleeper agents and their useage. They are put in places on the chance that on some later date the sleeper will be usefull. Often times sleeper agents are highly conditioned, conditioned to a point where they do not know that they are a sleeper agent untill they are triggered. Unless the security personel brought high grade brain scaning equipment and did a deep scan of everyone in that city there is no way that they could find a sleeper agent.

The speech were publicacly anounced to everyone a week before it happened. No exact date but enough time to make preps and sit waiting.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

I'm not aware of this. Did they say when and where the speech was being held?

Next to that, Sergeythingy said that his perception equipement was able to locate the best of agents.
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

Quote Originally Posted by Legaron
    I'm not aware of this. Did they say when and where the speech was being held?

Next to that, Sergeythingy said that his perception equipement was able to locate the best of agents.
    In order to have people show up, they would have had to give some kind of advance notice to where it was being held, and an good agent could pick an area that would cover several likely spots so minimal movement was needed.

As to what Sergeythingy claimed, he relys to much on tech, hide behind a solid object and such equipment is rendered useless more often than not, a rookie mistake on his part and a tactic know to and good agent.

If you can see the enemy, so can they.
    If the enemy is in range of your weapons, so are you.
    If you can see or hit them, then they have the drop on you.

He forgot those three rules and many others beside.

Ah...so it was a clanner who actually was better equiped than Omni-Tek...right.
    Or Omni-Tek just has very bad security...I see.

Keeper of Assembly

Well if it was the clan agent that Mongomaster spoke of, it was not a clan weapon that was use, it was a dust brigade weapon.

I should warn you that blaming SergeyVergey might not be a smart thing to do Ghostfeather...Unless you like hanging out with the Omni-Reform boys and girls.

Keeper of Assembly

If SergeyVergey was incharge of security then ultimitly it is his (her?) fault for not covering the one factor that allowed this to happen. And if he (her?) has any measure of profesionalism it is something that has already come to his mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast