Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News - Philip Ross shot!

Unhappy orchestrated assisination

I believe the assisination attempt is a total farce.
    I do not believe he was shot. It was totaly orchestrated by Omni-tec to spread distrust and su****ion through out Rubi-ka. With each faction blaming the other, this can only strengthen Omni-tecs position.
    Last edited by krull_uk; May 9th, 2005 at 12:22:03.

I am not allowed to mention any names but there is a rumour... that an agent from our org shot Mr Philip Ross. He came into scene in leet form, managed to sneak past Omni bodyguards and equipped with a really special weapon, he launched fatal 15k special shot. Nobody was expecting this to happen. Our brave agent took advantage of the extra 10 seconds that surrounded chaotic event and he simply clicked Elemantary Teleportation Perk and escaped from the scene.

This is classified information and i am not in a position to mention any names. But let it be said that our Org City has now extra security Patrol just in case Omni spy tries to find our agent. Resistance is futile, clans forever!

good riddance, pitty his sniper didnt hit him fatal right away
    Becky "Cenelia" Schatz and equipment
    Picture drawn by MrFli

[Clan OOC]Azzreal: ok all pay attention. Qwazeech and cen are now elevated to god (and godess) status

Douglas Adams: "I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry didn't even foresee that the century was going to end"

/)(X.(>_x)(\<) bunnies shouldnt play with blenders
    disclaimer: bunny was not hurt permanently thanks to my divine powers

did you cuddle a leet today?

I think we should be looking closer to home, specifically at Eva Pouaris. I honestly have no idea why this woman hasnt been arrested long ago. As almost anyone familiar with the shadowlands should know this woman is an OMEGA with close ties to Dalja.

The unredeemed have been manipulating omni-tek since the shadowlands portal was re-opened. Ross is one of the most fair-minded bosses omni-tek has had in recent times, he has even attempted to mend fences with the clans to come to some kind of peace and it was neither his nor Radiman's fault this didnt come through. It seems to me that certain darker forces within the corporation have decided Ross is no longer the man for the job

Well Krull I can guarantee you that he was shot. A lot of people were standing in the vicinity and bloodsplatter erupting from Mr.Ross is ll the evidence we need. There were so many witnesses to this outrageous crime that believing it was a lie is not an option. Mr.Ross was shot, that you can be sure of.

Mongomaster I promise you it will take more to bring Mr.Ross down than any rifle any agent in your org have the power to wield and so your theory is proven to be at fault.

Cenelia, you say good riddance?
    After all the things Mr.Ross have done to avoid the clanners from being splattered all accross the northern face of Rubi Ka. People like you might be the evidence there is no hope for a peaceful solution and that Mr.Ross might be forced to take of his gloves. Its not what you want....
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    Mongomaster I promise you it will take more to bring Mr.Ross down than any rifle any agent in your org have the power to wield and so your theory is proven to be at fault.
    It was special charged ai rifle manufactured by Unicorn Special Forces. There is also something i forgot to mention about our brave agent: Teleportation Perk brought him back to safety but he was also seriously injured. So if you guys have seen bleeding agent at OA, it was him.

Those of you who are toasting to the news of Philip Ross being shot and think that he will be better off dead, from your point of view, keep in mind that he was in nature a peaceful man who wished to reconcile with the clans for peace, or have you all conviently blotted out the Armastis out of your minds?

If he were not the head of local Omni Tech operations I have very little doubt that another company head would arrange for an "accidental" barrage of small astiroids to land in clan held areas. Compared to the money and effort Philip ross has put into keeping a state of peace, or atleast a state just shy of full warfare, it would be more economical to attach a few solid state rockets to a few peices of rock, calculate balistic angles and leave smoking craters were your zones use to be, after all they can easily be re terreformed or used as is for low cost water storage for future expansions or even as the start of mining camps if mineral deposits were found.

"To bad he didnt die?" "Yippy for the clans?" The man is one of the few restraining hands on this planet that is in power. After this do you think he is going to be in any position to oppose moves from with in Omni-Tech RK to simply destroy you all? All that this has done is tie his hands even tighter and give some one else another nail to drive into the clan coffen. How much more do you think can happen before ICC says, "ok thats it, were out of here, do what you want" From the material I have found it seems that Peace Keeping Forces allways pull out at the WORST possable time.

I think this assassination attempt and what can result from it qualifies for that.

"Pitty the children, for only they will know the full horors of war."
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

I don't like OT, but I think that Mr. Ross was headed in the right direction with his attempts at peace with the Clans. I think that it's bad news for everyone that he was shot, if he cannot recover he may very well be replaced by one who will not even consider a peaceful solution to the faction wars on RK.

I think that it would be very foolish to jump to conclusions and immediately assume that the Clans are responsible for such an act. There are many people within OT, Unicorn or who are of a neutral affiliation that would like to see Mr. Ross done away with. Not to say that there aren't any Clanners who are also of this disposition.

We have a common enemy who besieges us daily that does not care if you are affiliated with the Clans or Omni-Tek. We need to temporarily set aside our squabbling to unite to deal with this alien threat.

I wish Mr. Ross a swift recovery.
    -Oroxus ~213 Supreme Creator Engineer, General of Lost Souls of Rimor.
    Evari r0x it hardcore.
    Terraxus
    - Keeper
    Roxxxytrades
    - Trader

Let him die, go to reclaim, rezz and all will be well again

well.

unless i get this wrong. its not the omnis who wants peace. they want everything and then maybe peace when they have killed all us clans.

by philip getting shot maybe now finally omni-tek will have a hard time getting back on their feet
    Proud Member of: Nightmares End
    You Aint Alive, Until you have felt Everything!

You Fool! I told you not to ligt a FIRE inside the house!

darthgedo's Guide to Fixers Grid

*whistles* what Ross shot? well i could shoot him whit the Top-Secret Rifle i borrowed from Dust Brigade.... *whistles*

To all who was not there, you don't know what happened. I was there before Ross showed his evil face to the crowd. It was I who called forth to the masses how this dear old Mr. Ross is fake. It was I who told all Omni-tek and Mr. Ross will not use our blood, our kin to get himself richer. It was I who hit Mr. Ross before one of his bodyguards sent me to the reclaim. Did I do the final blow? I do not know, but whoever did should be seen as a saint and not a killer.
    Sugerbabes - Solitus Adv, President - Band Of Little Brothers
    Lord Rapid - Atrox Keeper, General - Band Of Brothers
    Shalofar - Solitus Doctor, Creator of the first Combat-Doc (Beta 3)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfeather
    "To bad he didnt die?" "Yippy for the clans?" The man is one of the few restraining hands on this planet that is in power. After this do you think he is going to be in any position to oppose moves from with in Omni-Tech RK to simply destroy you all? All that this has done is tie his hands even tighter and give some one else another nail to drive into the clan coffen. How much more do you think can happen before ICC says, "ok thats it, were out of here, do what you want" From the material I have found it seems that Peace Keeping Forces allways pull out at the WORST possable time.
    This incident is not to start a full scale war between peaceful Clanners and corporate Omni-Tek. It is more of a nature of call to negotiations to solve the everlasting confilict. The role of ICC and Unicorns remains temporarily hidden but i can guarantee that there is clear political reason for all of this.

To make long story short, our brave agent has promised to make a public speech later this week. He is willing to explain who hired him and what was the motive for his actions. Only clan photographers are allowed to monitor this public appearance and location will be announced later.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Rapid
    It was I who hit Mr. Ross before one of his bodyguards sent me to the reclaim. Did I do the final blow? I do not know, but whoever did should be seen as a saint and not a killer.
    I can understand that now everyone wants to get famous and claim that he shot Mr Ross. I don't know Mr Rapid personally and it is possible that he has been around scene. But let me tell you that it was our agent who returned from the scene with special ai rifle and he was seriously injured.
    Last edited by mongomaster; May 9th, 2005 at 16:24:52.

Talking

Remeber that it is an individual that has done this, it could even be Neauts that want to widend the conflict for their own gain.
    Or some individuals, hop its gettint resolved.

And aye, if some clanners are going in for this i will gladly hold the execution axe.
    Same if it is and omni.

Peace and love.

After an Alien invasion into old Athens last night i dont thint the clans could afford a total war against OT if we were to strike it would not be one shot at you planetary leader and then if it was an assaination attempt, the shooter would keep going untill the target was no longer whilst a similar attack on the reclaim infrastucture occured. The fact that the head of the CoT was able to talk with mr Ross and seems to hold him in some respect, rules out most of the mainstream Clans doing this. While i must admit there are rougue clans who may be tempted to strike at OT we would rather cripple your notum mines than your leadership, it hurts you more.
    The fact of the matter is Mr Ross is a buerocrate of an immense organisation, and replacing him with someone the clan do not know would be more damaging to us than anouther platoon of dust bregade landing every week. It is not in our interest to ruin the status quo as unstable as it may be, untill an official anouncement is released all parties should get thier fingers off the buttons and see what turns up.

"the cry for war profits no one but the vultures"

Ross?

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    Well Krull I can guarantee you that he was shot. A lot of people were standing in the vicinity and bloodsplatter erupting from Mr.Ross is ll the evidence we need. There were so many witnesses to this outrageous crime that believing it was a lie is not an option. Mr.Ross was shot, that you can be sure of.
    You know for certain that this was Phillip Ross? Would a man in such a postition as his render himself vulnerable like that? It is more likely some poor clone who has been killed, by agents unknown, to spark off fresh tensions bnetween Clan and Omni. The benefactors from any escalation of hostilities and the destabilisation of Rubi Ka are many.

For how long now, has Mr.Ross held back the forces of Omni-tek, and stopped them from wiping out the clans?

Millions upon millions of credits have been spent to ensure that the clans blood remains in their bodies, and their land remains desert, not radioactive waste.

Yet I hear "Yippee, clans forever, we will win now" and even the most stupid..."we shot him"

If Mr.Ross does not survive, and you keep up your claims and take the responsibility, I am betting orders will come straight from Omni-Prime to the Omni Armed Forces...make an example.

Pray for the recovery of the man who has saved you on countless occasions, or else you may suffer while his work is in vain.

(OOC)

Ellsolan, you stole no rifle, it took my healing you whilst you ran just for you to stay alive

(End of OOC)
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Quote Originally Posted by sairs
    Let him die, go to reclaim, rezz and all will be well again
    It's fairly well-known that Ross didn't care for (or use) insurance technology, plus at his current age it probably wouldn't be possible even if he wanted to.

If Ross dies, he won't be coming back at the nearest reclaim terminal.

This really did stir up emotions, didn't it?

To those that claim Ross was in charge...remember Unicorns? Remember what happened when Ross returned from Omni Prime? To those that claim he worked for peace and without him, clans would be wiped out....did he ever stoped attacks on clans? Did he autorized organized operations deep in clan terirtory? And who holds most notum mines?

And to those cheering at what happened...Ross is expandable. OT will just appoint someone else should he die. And stage show of force. But we know Ross. He can be unpredictable, but how can you be so sure, that replacment won't be 10 times worse?
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

I am sort of disapointed in the information that has been given to the public as of yet.

Yes we all know that Philip Ross was shot. I even reported his condition live on Society of Sound when it was anounced at Omni-Med, while a bit before Renzi was invited to a meeting with high officials and alloud to report some of what was going on at that meeting.

But here is a bit of information that seems to be fair to release:

What was the part of the speach that Ross had already given? The reports say that he was half way through his speech, and I am sure had he been able to finish his speach we would all see transcripts of what he said.

So what was the first part of his speech? And if it is known what was the part he was unable to give?

--signed--
    Delzbin

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast