Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News - Philip Ross shot!

Breaking News - Philip Ross shot!

Philip Ross shot at State of the Corporation speech

May 7 29479 – Alice Doroshal

OTPC – Omni-Tek CEO Philip Ross, while giving his highly anticipated speech on the state of the corporation, was shot by a sniper in Omni-1 Entertainment district.

It was shortly after 19:00 Saturday when the twin suns began to rise over Omni-1, that Omni-Pol raised security patrols, and word began to leak that Philip Ross would be making a public appearance. Eva Pouaris (Director of Omni-Reform) gave word to organization leaders that the speech was taking place.

Employees flocked to the site and waited for Mr. Ross to appear. Around 19:30, a large Omni-Tek gunship landed on the Entertainment platform, delivering Ross, Eva Pourais, Ivan Sergeyich (Director of Omni-Pol) and Rita Prestin (Director of Omni-Med). The moved to the edge of the platform, waving to the gathered crowd, and within moments Mr. Ross stepped up the podium and began his speech.

Half way through his speech the sound of a weapon firing echoed through the city, as Mr. Ross took a hit directly in the chest (as was reported by witnesses and Omni-Med) and fell to the ground. Panic and fear gripped the Omni citizens, and department leaders as several rushed the platform to try and assist Mr. Ross, while others took to the air in Yalms to search for the Assassin.

With help from the Department leaders and many employees, Ross was taken back to the gunship and flown to an Omni-Med facility in Rome Green for treatment. Rita Prestin is personally handling his treatment, and in a statement delivered from outside the facility said, “Philip Ross is alive, in critical condition”.

She also addressed some questions regarding insurance patterns for the CEO. “As most of you may know, he has always been against the insure technology for himself. As well there is the issue of his age. Having turned 75 this year, he may be too old for the insurance even if he did in fact have it.”

Omni-Com, who in fact keeps all records of Insurance on Rubi-Ka, could not be reached for comment. For now all we can do is wait and hope for the swift recovery of our CEO.

OTPC will follow this story closely.
    Last edited by Socialfly; May 8th, 2005 at 06:49:17.

Damn those clammers. They're only asking to be killed. They think this will be forgotten? Forgiven?
    They SHOT boss Ross.

Please, someone order our troops to wipe the clammers out. All of them.

The Clans have sealed there fate. Time and time again OT has strived for peace and they always screw it up. This time they have gone to far. They will be destroyed soon, but for now, I just hope Ross makes a quick recovery to sign there death warrant.

It wasn't me.

“Philip Ross is alive, in critical condition”.
    No Sir, definitely not me.
    http://www.tirschool.com/ (Engineer and Tradeskills)
    http://www.halorn.com/ (ClickSaver & other useful Tools)
    http://www.auno.org (DataBase, with comments from users)
    http://www.aodb.info (DataBase, without comments from users)
    http://arpa3.net/ao/nanos.html (All DImensions' Market Watch)
    http://www.anarchyarcanum.com (Awesome site for Quests & TradeSkills !)

Let's not jump to conclusions before the assasin are captured and interrogated. Eyewitness reports may help in this, and so far no reports of any clan-affilated assasin.
    Ancestors could hear what is happening now
    They would turn in their graves
    they would all be ashamed - that the land of the free
    has been written in chains
    And I know what I want - when the timing is right
    then I'll take what is mine
    I am the clansman

I shall not be so quick to pass judgement on who has attacked Mr. Ross. Nor will I be so quick to assume that the individual responsible is acting for the entire faction they represent. I hope that this coward is quickly found and dealt with before anymore of these unsubstantiated accusations continue.
    You have not wasted your day if you have laughed at least once and learned at least one new thing. ~Jokzer

The way I see it, the loot, the levels, all the binary is temporary and can be lost at any time. The only permanent thing in the game are the people and the memories you make with them. ~Silq

~ Homeostasis ~ Proud member of ARETE ~RX~. 2001-2014 - It's been a wonderful journey! *hugs* from Homeo and her army of alts!

interesting news, wonder what this will mean for the clans, political chaos who can be taken advantage of, military actions, or trouble?
    being to hasty can do much harm, but if its something being planned among the clans, a frutious action may soon follow
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Member of Angels of the night, Rimor

I seem to see no referance as to the possable alignement of the assassin or assassins. Since this happened in Omni-Entertainment clan involvment is not the only possable source of involvment that must be considered. We currently are facing Aliens, have ICC peace keepers on planet, a Sol Banking company that has been silent for to long, and severa other sources that would benifet from a major destablization of the situation here on RK.

Assuming that it had to be clan involvment is far to narrow minded and I can only hope none of you are on the offical investigation teams. If that were so then the clans have been responcable for everything from the common cold to the Alien invasion its self.

Untill more information is found and confirmed we should hold back on finger pointing for we may find that finger cut off by the ones actualy behind it if we are pointing the wrong way.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Agreed, At this critical juncture with the Aliens attacking and the Unicorns around it wouldnt be a very good time for the Clans as a whole to take any action such as an assassination. "One Rogue Clan" or the Dust Brigade may have been responsible, but the fact is that no one knows who did it at this point.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

I think it's interesting to see that some people are quick to jump to the conclusion that it was a clanner that took the shot against Boss Ross, especially when there ARE other options to be considered. Rouge elements within the corporation? A Unicorn-sponsored hitman? A Neutral who is disgruntled about what they percieve as corporate opression? The choices and possibility are endless.
    Seth "Pestillence" Walrus
    Proud member of
    ~ Society of Salvation ~
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Who Shall Guard The Guardians?

I doubt clanners were behind this. I also cannot see any true reasons for the Unicorns to assasinate Mr.Ross.
    Allthough I heard people only minutes after pointing fingers in every possible direction I guess all we can really do is investigate and wait.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

No true reason as to why the Unicorns should make an attempt on the life of a potential hurdle in their way? We have all seen how the Unicorns deal with elements that they believe hold information that only THEY should know. Or have you forgotten the riots that happened in Borealis when the Unicorns hunted down that reporter a few months ago?

But I will not jump to any conclusions yet. Assumption, as you well know, is the mother of all mistakes.
    Seth "Pestillence" Walrus
    Proud member of
    ~ Society of Salvation ~
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Who Shall Guard The Guardians?

Is there a reward for information to who attempted this assination

Philip Ross was attacked with a melee weapon, this news report is false!
    Ninjaseph (180 MA) (New Main)
    Freshman Nukeseph (201 NT)
    Rookie Railgunz(212 Fixer) (Retired)
    Freshman Pvpseph (20 Fixer)
    Rookie Pvpseph4(43 trader twink)
    Rookie Totwseph(60 enf twink)

A clanner called Tyas (A gerenal of Divine)was spotted on top of a building at the time of the assasination attempt. I would think that as good a starting piint for the investigation as any.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Spotted by whom?

Attacked with Snipergun or Meeleweapon?

Why u think The Clans have anything to do with it?

I want facts, no theories.

Phil Ross

This sounds like another Omni-Tek plot to force through a war on Clanners, I wouldnt put anything past some of them, they would do anything to spill Clanners blood.

Clanners Stand United, We will find the culprit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOhh this sounds like another attempt to legalize another buildup of the already massive Omni Tek forces present on Rubi-ka.
    Joliie - Storm unit leader - When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite.
    Account Created 2001-07-06 00:00:17

Wars, conflict, it's all business. One murder makes a villain. Millions a hero. Numbers sanctify.

doesent this guy have a special blocker?

About time sombody did it.
    /me like it

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    A clanner called Tyas (A gerenal of Divine)was spotted on top of a building at the time of the assasination attempt. I would think that as good a starting piint for the investigation as any.

Savoy

It seems you would be better suited for an assasination than the Doctor you have pointed out Savoy.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast