Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Agh! Keep Episodes Alive!

There-there.. we'll find you guys another hero. It will be ok, really.

/comfort

Sorry guys, just teasing because I find it funny. Plus it helps bump this thread.

By the way, here's the bio from the manual:

Born: Elena Marcus – Rubi-Ka – December 23. 29445

Appearance: 179 cm, 52 kg, auburn hair, green eyes.

Position: Council member / scout-guide

Distinguishing characteristics: Tomboyish, tough.

Strengths and weaknesses: Lives in a big truck called “Corkey”! Heavy drinker, though rarely appears affected by alcohol, and is thus rumoured to have insternalised bot processing of alcohol. Has a sharp eye and excellent tactical abilities. Very smart.

Bio: In every way a true northerner and a born and bred clanswoman, Ms. Oak (although her birth name is Marcus, Eleena is unmarried) is the youngest member of the Council. Orphaned at the hands of Omni-Tek forces at the age of five, Ms. Oak is a master of many trades, not the least of which is trading. Accepted into the Council at the tender age of 25, she’s proven to be a real asset for the clans, and is thus constantly in danger from Omni-Tek assassins.
    Last edited by Gyson; Dec 20th, 2001 at 02:36:43.

Good riddance.

I find the movies embarrassing. Ok, more specifically, I find Eleena Oak and her truck corky to be very embarrassing. If they dropped her and the annoying voice acting that comes with her, I wouldn't snicker so much watching them.

What happened to that character with the English accent in the AO startup movie? Why did Funcom replace that character and actress? She was great. Get her back and kill off Eleena.

Eleena = annoyingly spunky girl with a man's haircut >
    Last edited by Mindswayer; Dec 21st, 2001 at 08:51:14.

Wow People really want to see those episodes come back! Here's hoping Funcom listens! Nice discussion too o_O

Originally posted by EvilGlitch
    Good riddance.

I find the movies embarrassing. Ok, more specifically, I find Eleena Oak and her truck corky to be very annoying. If they dropped her and the annoying voice acting that comes with her, I wouldn't snicker so much watching them.

What happened to that character with the English accent in the AO startup movie? Why did Funcom replace that character and actress? She was great. Get her back and kill off Eleena.

Eleena = annoyingly spunky girl with a man's haircut >
    Absolutely, I would love to have the original girl back. I was actually interested in her story. Elena = lame.

-D

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Lorekeep
    Wow People really want to see those episodes come back! Here's hoping Funcom listens! Nice discussion too o_O
    I hope they listen! I really hope! (keep this post bumped boys!)

Keep the world alive even if it means.....

I agree. PLEASE keep the movies/anims coming. I understand the time issue and such. I would be happy with a once per month episode.

As long as they continue the story IN and WITH the actual game itself, then do them once per month with maybe special episodes for 'special events' or such.

Whatever happens, the story MUST continue both for us to follow and INSIDE the game. The last thing we need to have happen is for Anarchy Online to become just like all those other games.. boring. I personally do NOT want another hack and slash, gain a level, move to a new area, hack and slash and so on game. I want something that lives and breaths well into the future and keeps my interest AND gives me something to actually strive for and work toward in the game.

Just my thoughts... The movies were outstanding.. I sincerely hope they continue as long as Anarchy Online lives.

Take it light!
    Malakie

----------------
    Todd B
    ToddB_24@Hotmail.com

Cool More movies!

I agree! More movies! I assumed they were going to make more. In fact, if budget constraints aren't just a conspiracy theory, I'll make the movies if FC sends me the scripts, models and scenes.

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar

Re: More movies!

Originally posted by DASGee
    I agree! More movies! I assumed they were going to make more. In fact, if budget constraints aren't just a conspiracy theory, I'll make the movies if FC sends me the scripts, models and scenes.
    Forget all that... those are the easy parts. Just send the voice actors over this way... <grins>

(PS - While we're waiting for FC to come out with the next chapter... I've decided to take things upon myself. Always looking for voice talent - Okay, I know, it's a shameless plug )

http://rubika.no-ip.org/tapperts/gallery/

Tappert
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

Talking

Wow Tappert! I would really like to see more of player-created media, actually FC should make a directory in his site to show all of this, it would be great, let more come!
    Naima - Sorcerer of Atlantean, at the service of the Clans since 29475

I love the movies!

I dont REAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLY like eleena.. but hey. Movies are still good. Very good.

The problem with Eleena is not the voice acting (tho I really hate the actor who does Joshua Kahn), but the character herself: she i supposed to speak like that, and it's a really dislikeable character, but in some way I got used to it and I like it someway... I'd really like to see her again in a new episode!

Cosmik, Dai, Savant etc. The "Dust to Dust" episode has PROVEN that these movies are watched and we have an emotional tie w/the characters!

If I logged on and heard thru the guild a building was bombed etc. I wouldn't get the same emotional response that I recieved from the movies.

For the first time in a long time I was very excited about logging in and have had a GREAT time since.

Political Debates = Boring
    Bombing Things = Fun Times

Corky will not be forgotten
    Last edited by Kodiene; Dec 23rd, 2001 at 07:12:30.
    Kodiene
    Founding member of P.E.T.A.
    People for the Ethical Treatment of Atrox's
    PAINKILLR
    Mercenaries of Kai

"I personally think nerfs are death in an emergency patch. It is very cool to admit that there are a lot of things we can do boring, very boring in-game. Your input is being adjusted in some Fouls. I want to especially thank the players who WILL die.
    Have Fun! And I'll be seeing you online
    jonhelgi, designer - AO"

Funcom won't keep the episodes alive =(

Why? It's cause they are too worked up about making money then they are about making the players happy. If the cost of making the episodes is not going to give them a calculatable return.. then in all logic they won't do the episodes since they will just lose money and effort (I am not sure if they hire non-house or freelance to do the episodes) so if they do it in house with their house designers, then they would of course... loose human resources which could be spent on other things.. like naked women barbarians in rubi ka.

But that is not what I am really bothered about. I mean money making is understandable. What I am bothered about is that Funcom would not go through the trouble of making more episodes even if it was clear that the players wanted more episodes. And from reading through the posts on this thread it is very clear to me that alot of you want more episodes.

But funcom won't go through the trouble. Why ? Money comes before players obviously! :-)

you're pobably right, man.. but still, a little light of hope and trust towards these guys stays deep in my (rubik)heart.....

i tend to think

if its the costs of the movies thats the problem i tend to believe that the voice actors is what is costing them so much. Moe so than the dev's themselves.

Originally posted by Gyson
    By the way, here's the bio from the manual:

Born: Elena Marcus – Rubi-Ka – December 23. 29445

Position: Council member / scout-guide

Bio: and is thus constantly in danger from Omni-Tek assassins.
    Orphaned by OT, and we assume rasied by Radiman...fine. All good there. As for is she Neut or Clan, thats still on a balance tilted to Neut. We've only had one mention that she's Clan (the manual), on the other we've had the Movies, AND the Interegation with Sgt. Baker that she's Neut.
    The manual also states that she is a member of the CoT. Strange than that (in the movies) she refers to it more as an outside influence, and not something she is involved with. She also ignores it it seems with the cookie supplys, and she also does not know what it is currently doing (namely the amnesty which surely every member of the CoT must have known about).

As taking the comment from the manuals Bio that shes in great danger as a member of the CoT from OT. Yes that would be so, yet isn't it strange that she goes "relatively" freely back and forth doing gun runs from one side to the other. If she was a member or the CoT she would have been jumped on long before now, and before you say it I doubt greatly that OT intelligence is that inept to not know all the members of the CoT.

A neutral can have views upon the sides in this conflict. Heck, I don't like either of you. Don't trust OT, and as for the Clans don't get me started....talk about moronic killers sheesh. Yet it is the ability of every Neut (or Newt if you want to say it that way as it is mearly phonetic) to at some stange pick a side if they desire. And I figure she might end up going Clan. Yet that hasn't been shown to have happened yet.

Another thing you seem to keep sticking to is the pdf scripts. Might I also point out that it is just a script, and it seems to be only a guide for the actors/movies. Just read the last section of Dust to Dust. The script has more details than was shown in the movies...just a little bit like the Leet Doll (which I might add are a great addition to the game) which add to emphesis that children/familys where being attacked. As in the movies it was just a housing block where it might have been any old Omni.

And my final point, taken from Episode 4. Where did she go to avoid everyone? Deep in Clan territory? noooooo....she went to a Neutral Outpost. Don't believe me? go see the remains of Corky yourself (or if you prefer a screenshot on the IRN site).
    Last edited by Nyadach; Dec 25th, 2001 at 21:44:12.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Talking

Neut!

And keep the stories....we want to know how she continues!
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Re: i tend to think

Originally posted by killahsin
    if its the costs of the movies thats the problem i tend to believe that the voice actors is what is costing them so much. Moe so than the dev's themselves.
    Ya, devs work for peanuts, coke, and pizza. Well, most of us anyway. I wonder though, if they're using motion capture for the animations. It would explain Joshua's back problem and would also be another sizable expense (and the lack of walking by the cyborg). Bah, I say, forget MoCap - and alter the storyline to say that everyone's possessed by demons - then the characters can act stiff and float around without anyone thinking anything's wrong. :P

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski

Originally posted by Ragnar
    Eleena is neutral: "Neut" or, alternatively, "Newt". The manual is, uh, wrong about a lot of stuff.
    This is actually for Gyson and Nyadach. It's actually from page 6 of this thread. Dunno if it was really him but considering board accounts are tied to the game... *shrugs*.

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast