Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Agh! Keep Episodes Alive!

Originally posted by Nyadach
    p.s. keep Oak too, we need to have atleast one poor unfortunate Neut in this story somewhere other than the usual "ouch, I just been shot by that Omni scum", " Ouch I just been shot now by that Clan scum".
    Eleena Oak is a member of the clans. She's even on the Council of Truth according to the manual.

Sorry, every now and then I just see a comment about Eleena being a neutral and it strikes me as odd.

Vote 1 for the animated series !

Don't stop.... or .... or .... or .... I'll do something Drastic !!!!!!

Dunno what though.
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

Originally posted by Gyson

Eleena Oak is a member of the clans. She's even on the Council of Truth according to the manual.

Sorry, every now and then I just see a comment about Eleena being a neutral and it strikes me as odd.
    Yep, the manual says that...but like alot of things in the manual it speaks utter rollerrat droppings :P

In Episode 3 I think it was, with the guy with the eye implant she was called a typical oppotunistic Neut...call me sus here but u normally don't insult Clanners by calling them Neuts.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Originally posted by Nyadach
    In Episode 3 I think it was, with the guy with the eye implant she was called a typical oppotunistic Neut...call me sus here but u normally don't insult Clanners by calling them Neuts.
    I just perused through the scripts and didn't see anything like that anywhere, but I could have missed it. If you can point it out, I'll buy into the idea of her being Neutral. Otherwise I have to go with her bio in the manual.

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    2 mins 15 secs into part c of episode 102.

Eleena - "He's not my grandfather."

Stranger - "Might as well be. Real proud of you. God knows why - seeing that you're just another opportunistic neut."

I've noticed that the script sometimes doesn't follow the actual movies exactly word for word. It was probably something Ragnar worked up for the voice actors and animation people to follow as a guideline. My guess is that the opportunistic neut was a improvisation during the voice recording (it sounds natural)... and something that wasn't caught as being contradictory to the manual - except by us poor folk who... well let's face it, we're gonna be using the phrase "relative conundrum" sooner or later ;P

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

Originally posted by Tappert
    2 mins 15 secs into part c of episode 102.

Eleena - "He's not my grandfather."

Stranger - "Might as well be. Real proud of you. God knows why - seeing that you're just another opportunistic neut."

I've noticed that the script sometimes doesn't follow the actual movies exactly word for word. It was probably something Ragnar worked up for the voice actors and animation people to follow as a guideline. My guess is that the opportunistic neut was a improvisation during the voice recording (it sounds natural)... and something that wasn't caught as being contradictory to the manual - except by us poor folk who... well let's face it, we're gonna be using the phrase "relative conundrum" sooner or later ;P
    (laughs) I see the confusion now. That part is actually in the script, page 13. The line is “Might as well be. Real proud of you. God knows why, seeing as you’re just another opportunist newt.”.

You know, a ‘newt’, not a ‘neut’. The Stranger isn’t using slang for ‘neutral’.

So I guess we have to go by her bio, which says “Clan”.

Talking Go watch Episode 4

It has been made available on the ftp-site!

(ftp://ftp.funcom.com in the storyline folder)

Originally posted by Gyson

(laughs) I see the confusion now. That part is actually in the script, page 13. The line is “Might as well be. Real proud of you. God knows why, seeing as you’re just another opportunist newt.”.

You know, a ‘newt’, not a ‘neut’. The Stranger isn’t using slang for ‘neutral’.

So I guess we have to go by her bio, which says “Clan”.
    Not sure still, as really you don't find too many Clanners shipping "cookies" back and forth between Omni and the Clans, as its more our kinda job Anyhow, you never know, she might turn Clan at some point as this is always something which any Neut can do. I guess we'll just hang in and see what happens, unless someone official just wants to say right out she's Clan which kinda would be a shame as it would suit the story and be alot more fluid if eventually she changed sides, maybe due to some outside effect.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Eleena is neutral: "Neut" or, alternatively, "Newt". The manual is, uh, wrong about a lot of stuff.

Thumbs up More Animated Stories!!!

Keep them comming!!!
    Lan-Yap
    M.O.T.H.E.R.
    Minister of Propaganda
    www.aomother.com

Thumbs up Yes Keep them Coming

They give the story line life and we can see things from a third person perspective. I remind Funcom that the ao-storyline is (with the sci-fi theme) what sets it apart from the other MMORPG games. They help to keeps us (the players) engaged and makes the game much more interesting. It is simply the trademark of good service and something that can attract future gamers to AO.

Chris "Atilius" Thompon
    President
    Eternal-Flame Guild

i really like them to. i am now downloading episode 4 right now & i sure hope that Eleena dies. i can't stand her attitude!

i wouldn't mind PDF stories.

well, if they keep on with episodes in pdf styles, with GOOD still pictures and the same script-like style of writing, cutting off the animations for budget reasons (but with the option to animate the episodes later, when they get the money, I would even buy a dvd with a collection of them, if the price was kept relatively low especially), well it would be good for me that way . but if it is not really really necessary, please keep the episodes animated!

I like the animated episodes. Please keep them coming!

Yes

I think there cool.

Story like RK2 WHEN?

don't get me wrong, i rather the animated series, but not at the cost of losing something else. i.e., bug fixes, exploit hunters, etc....

crap! she lived! i wish that friendly cyborg would have crushed her skull. i guess i will have to hire an Omni Agent to do the job for me.

From the official bio on Eleena, who has always been presented as a Neutral: (It appears the manual is in error)

Sgt. Baker: Why don’t you have an Omni-Tek registration number, Miss Oak?
    Ms. Oak: Because I’m not an employee.
    Sgt. Baker: Our records clearly state that you’ve been the resident of three different Omni-Tek operated orphanages.
    Ms. Oak: That was a long time ago, Sergeant Baker. I’m neutral. I don’t work for OT, I don’t work for the clans.
    Sgt. Baker: But your affiliations—
    Ms. Oak: Who my friends are is none of your business. If you don’t let me go immediately, I’m filing a complaint with the ICC.
    Sgt. Baker: There’s no need for—
    Ms. Oak: Exactly. There’s absolutely no need. I’m a trader. I do business. Legal business.

Talking Bredth of story

Please keep the animated series, it is part of what defines Anarchy. The many ways in which the story is conveyed are the most interesting part of the game for me. They make me willing to give funcom the time to make the game more fun to play, mind you I enjoy it, but there is definatly room for improvement.

No one has ever used so many different types of media to tell a single unified story before, Novels, short stories (news articals etc), game content, animated series...it's a pretty ambitious undertaking. Don't give up, you are doing somthing more significant than just making a game here, you are redefining the nature of fiction!! I am seriously considering persuing my PhD. in Sociology based on Anarchy.
    -Ryha

Originally posted by Tiran
    From the official bio on Eleena, who has always been presented as a Neutral: (It appears the manual is in error)

Sgt. Baker: Why don’t you have an Omni-Tek registration number, Miss Oak?
    Ms. Oak: Because I’m not an employee.
    Sgt. Baker: Our records clearly state that you’ve been the resident of three different Omni-Tek operated orphanages.
    Ms. Oak: That was a long time ago, Sergeant Baker. I’m neutral. I don’t work for OT, I don’t work for the clans.
    Sgt. Baker: But your affiliations—
    Ms. Oak: Who my friends are is none of your business. If you don’t let me go immediately, I’m filing a complaint with the ICC.
    Sgt. Baker: There’s no need for—
    Ms. Oak: Exactly. There’s absolutely no need. I’m a trader. I do business. Legal business.
    Come now. Are you really going to sit there and tell Sgt. Baker "Why yes sir, I'm as Clan as Clan can be.." while he's sitting there looking for a reason to arrest you? Probably not.

So far we have:
    - a manual that says she's Clan.
    - an interrogation for an arrest where she claims to be neutral in a situation where it would be foolish of her to claim to be part of the Clans.
    - her selling weapons to Clan members and not being very fond of Omni-Tek (this doesn't sound very Neutral to me). And any Clan member that pipes up that you wouldn't try to make a profit off another Clan member better not every stop by the shopping channel. Trader does not equal 'neutral'.
    - a manual that not only says she's Clan, but part of the Council of Truth to boot.
    - Radiman's fatherly affection (again, this doesn't sound very Neutral to me).

And at what point did "newt" become a way of saying "neut" and "neutral". Who says that? I've certainly never heard that slang used anywhere in AO save for this thread. A newt is a reptile.

Me thinks there are just some neutral players out there who want a visible hero on their 'side', so to speak, in the story-line.. so they've adopted Eleena. That's understandable, but in my mind she's a member of the Clans simply because there's just not enough evidence to convince me otherwise. And the evidence I do see all says 'Clan". Particularly the evidence in black and white text written in the manual (yes, the one people keep saying 'has wrong stuff in it' but don't bother to point out what that 'wrong stuff' is). Some gameplay features incorrectly detailed in the manual? Maybe. The history and bio section? Sorry, I just haven't seen any errors there, have you?

Exclamation ARRGGGG!!!

She is clearly not a member of the CoT, her actions and the nomadic nature of her character make that painfully obvious, in light of the current info on the website and the fact that the info in the manual is at least partially wrong....SHE"S NUTRAL!!!

just my opinion though ;P

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast