Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Agh! Keep Episodes Alive!

Originally posted by Tappert

This is actually for Gyson and Nyadach. It's actually from page 6 of this thread. Dunno if it was really him but considering board accounts are tied to the game... *shrugs*.

Tap
    Heh.

That's not who you're thinking of. My faith in everyone's logic-leaps are fading quickly.

FC: Do you like the movies?

My reply: Yes.

When was money an issuse here? They asked if we would want the movies to continue. I want them to continue. And for those saying that the movies don't add content... guess you haven't seen "Dust to Dust" yet. Personally... this is something to look forward to. A game teaser if you will. I mean... Omni 1 getting bombed, and if you read the articles to keep up, you hear about the Dust Brigade etc. If anything, I love the multi-pronged handling of the story so far. Currently, it's a huge web, Portman, the Cyborgs, Neleb... it's fun to have a guild meeting and RP about it, how we'll act... hell, my guild is choosing to go with the council for now about the amnesty. Not that it matters much, I'm just a lowly RK2er that hasn't hit 100 yet. But anyway... the movies help mesh things together. Keep them if you can, if they however, we'll survive.

But.. YES! I WANT TO SEE MORE MOVIES! Better then PvPing.. (which will always have balance issuses... Rookie Doctors? That's just wrong...)
    Last edited by Obergeist; Dec 29th, 2001 at 16:42:50.

Movies are great

I've got some problems with the episodes, but when they announced when each episode was going to come out it was exciting. I find RPing very poor a lot of the times, most people seem to be saying the same things. We know the Amnesty is going to last for the next 4 years, but your character doesn't know that, does he/she? I'd sure like more In-game events to RP to, but that isn't the fault of the movies. I feel the movies proved their point. Before seeing the movies I had no clue what the "Dust Brigade" was or anything mentioned. It has given me a better background to the pre-amnesty period and such. Do you watch TV in real life? Do you expect the comedy movie you watch to change your real-life? Its entertainment and we want more!
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Re: Movies are great

Originally posted by Telgi
    We know the Amnesty is going to last for the next 4 years,....
    Ah ... no....no we don't.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

Re: ...

Originally posted by Obergeist
    And for those saying that the movies don't add content... guess you haven't seen "Dust to Dust" yet. Personally... this is something to look forward to. A game teaser if you will. I mean... Omni 1 getting bombed, and if you real the articles to keep up, you hear about the Dust Brigade etc.
    I admit, the movie episodes are really cool and they certainly add a whole new personal level to the game itself. Content as you might call it.

But I hope they come up with some better talent. Dust to Dust just had to arguably be the worst in regards of graphical production of all the episodes so far. Near the end when we have the elena and joshua moving around.. that kinda looked like that old 70's show with the puppets in that pseduo-cartoon series. Just absolutely horrid. It gives me nightmares now.

But other than the crappy graphics please keep movies coming =\
    ..Just not .."Those"

Thumbs down

Sorry bout the typo, I mean the Amnesty ISN'T going to last for the 4 years. It should have been very obvious to anyone who met the age requirment to play this game.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Exclamation

""I admit, the movie episodes are really cool and they certainly add a whole new personal level to the game itself. Content as you might call it.

But I hope they come up with some better talent. Dust to Dust just had to arguably be the worst in regards of graphical production of all the episodes so far. Near the end when we have the elena and joshua moving around.. that kinda looked like that old 70's show with the puppets in that pseduo-cartoon series. Just absolutely horrid. It gives me nightmares now.

But other than the crappy graphics please keep movies coming =\
    ..Just not .."Those"""

I suppose you didn't know these movies are rendered in real time acording to the previous events after the last episode. So they are being done in a 3 week time period each month. In my opinion since I do this exact same type of work, the quality for the size and time period is TOP NOTCH. 3 Weeks to design each episode is a TIGHT schedule, especially since events are happening during these 3 weeks.

the borgs in mort have been one of the hottest hunting places in the recent weeks, notice the new addition to the bar in mort, and the borg in the storyline. elena not getting attacked by the borg, why? Hrm.... The borg hates us clan scum hrm.... Why? BECAUSE we have been hunting them like crazy these past weeks! Most people don't believe that the episodes are being done in real time and are influenced by the palyers int he game. The thing is THEY are. big time, CHECK OUT SNARF ;P

Snarf's just pissed about them becasue he made the cover of 'Rubi-Ka's Most Wanted'
    Last edited by killahsin; Dec 30th, 2001 at 10:43:01.

BRING BACK THE BIG SHOW! The animated series is really an added value to the ao subscribers, and subscriber wannabes.

:-P
    Naima - Sorcerer of Atlantean, at the service of the Clans since 29475

FWIW, the movies were the only thing that kept me hanging on for three months while playing another online game. The campy pumpkin thing _almost_ got me to log back in early November. The last few episodes got me playing and enjoying since the start of the new year and nearing the end of my 6 months. I may not renew for another 6 months. But, I'll probably take it one at a time for a while.

All because the animated series added 'substance' to the conflict.

Originally posted by Gyson
    By the way, here's the bio from the manual:

Born: Elena Marcus – Rubi-Ka – December 23. 29445

Appearance: 179 cm, 52 kg, auburn hair, green eyes.

Position: Council member / scout-guide
    Odd that, as during Ms. Oak's Omni-Pol interview, she stated that she was a neutral.

Sgt. Baker: Why don’t you have an Omni-Tek registration number, Miss Oak?
    Ms. Oak: Because I’m not an employee.
    Sgt. Baker: Our records clearly state that you’ve been the resident of three different Omni-Tek operated orphanages.
    Ms. Oak: That was a long time ago, Sergeant Baker. I’m neutral. I don’t work for OT, I don’t work for the clans.
    Sgt. Baker: But your affiliations—

Eleena has always been presented as a neutral, from the beginning. A smuggler, dealing with both sides, for profit.

One of three 'sample' characters given, from the start of the game, one Omni, one Clan, and one (Eleena) Neutral.

The manual is just wrong. What, you think Funcom can't make a mistake in documentation? You dreamer, you. <grin>

Exclamation

tiran perhaps the typo was in releasing hidden information of where eleana oaks will be soon? To me that is what it seems like.

As far as I am concerned, this thread might as well die now..

FC asked what we thought of the movies. There were a massive suport for the movies here, so they decided to shut the movies down.

Makes one wonder why they asked in the first place...
    Father Chagidiel
    High priest in The Church of OmniTek

Arrow Matchupeechu

I will never give up!
    Kodiene
    Founding member of P.E.T.A.
    People for the Ethical Treatment of Atrox's
    PAINKILLR
    Mercenaries of Kai

"I personally think nerfs are death in an emergency patch. It is very cool to admit that there are a lot of things we can do boring, very boring in-game. Your input is being adjusted in some Fouls. I want to especially thank the players who WILL die.
    Have Fun! And I'll be seeing you online
    jonhelgi, designer - AO"

Well, at this point an OFFICIAL reply to our doubts would be nice...woudn't it? :-/////
    - ARMAGEDDON X -

Dear omniscum...I know you can't really die on this planet...But that doesn't mean you don't feel the pain when I kick your butts!

- ARMAGEDDON X -

Dear omniscum...I know you can't really die on this planet...But that doesn't mean you don't feel the pain when I kick your butts!

If not the animated series, then I think something as simple as a comic book style 15 page chapter every 2 to 3 weeks would be fine. The animations were great. But, the story can be presented in any number of cost-effective ways. If I were an artist for FunCom I think I'd

a.) Enjoy the creative freedom of getting my work out on the web in a new format.
    b) Know that I was doing something useful to keep my product (AO) from sinking.

I'd probably be inking out panels in my spare time if they'd let me keep the story going in 2D.

Even though I dont agree with Lorekeep many times, this is "The one occasion" I do.

Lorekeep could not be more right on this one.

FC, hang in there.

Oshovah

Thumbs up Story

I must say I have enjoyed the episodes thus far and sometimes even gotten surprised at how they sync up with the game.

i.e. Bar scene in Episode 4 is a bar loacted in a small town in Mort. Freaked me out to actually be there.

Anyhow I am totally for keeping them.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678