Thread: Episode 4 - postponed...

Episode 4 - postponed...

Funcom have announced that Episode 4 "Dust to Dust" with now be released on the 18/12 rather than today. The reason for this is because it contains links with the 13.4 patch.

http://www.anarchyonline.com/content...articles/1480L

------

I think this is a great move by Funcom. It shows that they are now willing to hold back on patches until they feel the patches are ready. This is a refreshing change...and I congratulate Funcom for making it.

Thanks...
    "Maybe Funcom should move 1000 AO players into Clon****, lock down the zone and make dyeable armor to attract more players?"

A DaoC player defending AO

yeah, great move, but please, don't stop the video content! I love the episodes, I don't want them to stop!

Originally posted by Ivan Thely
    yeah, great move, but please, don't stop the video content! I love the episodes, I don't want them to stop!
    Yep I agree...keep them coming Funcom, they are great! Without them characters such as Ross and Radiman would have no "life" to them.
    "Maybe Funcom should move 1000 AO players into Clon****, lock down the zone and make dyeable armor to attract more players?"

A DaoC player defending AO

I don't really care one way or the other. The team doing the videos is not going to be moved over to game development or anything. If stopping the videos would be the solution to Funcom's money woes, or the resources were pumped back into making the game better, I'd definitely say give the movies the axe. However, I don't think either would be the result if the movies went away..

I'm just glad to see them put off a patch because it wasn't ready! There has been a lot of concern about their "every other Wednesday" patching schedule. Some companies have pulled regularly scheduled patching off, but Funcom certainly hasn't been one of them.

And dump the movies. They just laid off another 30 people, they had to get rid of movies or in-game content. I'll take the former. They were pretty bad soap operas anyway.

Scorus

Unhappy Dont stop the videos!

I really like them very much and i like the ppl in the story line.
    I can much more imagine how the "bosses" in this great conflict act and react and i can much more dive into the atmosphere.
    So plz keep workin on it...
    This is first time an MMORPG does a thing like this and it is really damn interesting to see Rubika from another point of view.
    With this u show that u rethought the whole MMORPG Genre and this is what makes FC special compared to other online game companies.

Well i could go on for hours, but i need some sleep now i think
    So far
    Shinji

Exclamation Don't stop movies!

It all deppends on FC's desires. If you want to please your role-playing player base than please don't stop the movies and keep them going. Even better, make them more often. They are great! Not only do they look cool (and we all know how we like watching an intro before playing a new game cause it looks cool and this is like watching a new intro every week), but also because the provide extra depth to the game and the storyline. SO far I didn't find them any useful at all, so I have no idea what you meant about hidden hints as to the story-line in them, but at least it makes this MMORPG a bit RPG focused and that's the sole purpose why I play AO.

If, on the other hand, you wish to flatter your twinkers uber el33t FPSers, than go ahead and drop the movies, they don't watch them anyway.
    Major Shadowolf Marone
    Blade Corp
    "Leading mercenery organization in the Galaxy!"
    Position - CEO
    Rank - Major

Personal quote:
    "Your advertisement could be here"

In my humble opinion:

AO isnt a very good action game...its kinda slow....

AO isnt a very good PvP game...its simply not that fun to kill others when theres no action...

BUT:

AO has the possibility to be one of the best RP game I ever seen...FC has prvided us with a world, in which we can change some things, and cant change other things, quite much like the real world.

As long as therees a dynamic world around me, I can RP with people I meet in this world...But the world will only be dynamic as long as the movies are there... Text and "articles" in newspaper wont do it alone...The movies have to be left(along with events) it is the only thing that makes AO.
    Father Chagidiel
    High priest in The Church of OmniTek

Eh, I couldn't care either way. It never made much sense that we could delve into Radiman's personal life anyway.

Unhappy hm

I absolutely agree. Good move, hold back the patch, but hey, PLEASE DONT STOP THE VIDEOS!!!

they said it was important it was released with the patch...could this mean the end of the ...err..peace? What i mean is that last time they shipped a patch with the vids they activated the OT amnesty...but then again it could be the sleep thats talking for me now

It related to the patch because the building blown up in the movie is indeed blown up in the game, now, by the patch.

(The apartment complex that faced the raised area on the east side of Omni-Entertainment.)

dust to dust..

is on the web subtitles for new episode or is the story on web in text ??? I don't know english very good, and some times I don't understand I don't know "what about" is this new episode
    EngineerCZ, Solitus at your services in Omni 1.
    Detachment: Deus Ex Machina