Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fully Political Server? Read/Sign if interested!

Fully Political Server? Read/Sign if interested!

Alright, I've posted this elsewhere inside of some left (as opposed to right) thread, but would like to see how many people actually like this idea. Who of you would switch servers if FC would open up a server with nothing but 25% and 0% zones? Towns and their surroundings could be 100% or heavily protected by guards; everything else would 25% with 0% zones further away in the wilderness.

I would jump servers in an instant!

Talking weeee

check out the smiley face message icon booyaah u like it. but ne ways yeaaaaaaaaaaaa super idea. you know how many people would come back to AO and new ones will start playing?

That's what alot of people thought ANARCHY ONLINE was going to be to begin with.

It's funny cause we ended up getting a german server with almost no one playing there to begin with. What a waste. It should have been a PvP server that we can send a character over to. Heck, I would even start over for a PvP server.

Anyway the only thing it would also need, is for level restrictions to go all the way up to 200. That way levels 75s couldnt be killed by level 200s.
    Last edited by Mor; Jul 17th, 2002 at 22:45:52.

Great idea think DAoC just recently made pvp server and game hasn't been out as long as AO. AO seems be taking steps in the carebear lets just be friends and hug each other and do lots missions together direction. When I first played game expected there be war going on but dont really see that.

Bump
    i would start over on a server like this.
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

Thumbs up keep this thread bumped!

I would love to play on a pvp server! Not going to make useless speculations about this ever happening, just going to bump this because it's a good idea.
    Last edited by Dimmufodr; Jul 18th, 2002 at 05:25:14.
    Felix Dimmufodr Age : lvl220 Agent

If they would. In pvp then you shouldnt be loose xp/items when you died and are unsaved. If they would do it with these pvp rules right now, Tons of ppl would quit....

Saiban your right, they still would need to change some things to stop Save term campers hehe

Look here comes a team, area root.

Or one high level player who can deal and take damage praying on a team of 75s in his yal, drops out, bam bam.

They would also need to change the way points are gained.

Level - Titles.

I mean say by chance a 100 untitled beat a 150 neo... YOU SHOULD Get points for it.

But ofcourse some people will abuse the system, you know it, it WILL Happen.

PVP server now plz, WITHOUT 50% damage!!! Or if so, then healing should be so too.
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

this idea would prolly keep me around longer...i think alot of people feel the same way i do aswell.
    Make Notum saturated metaplast armor comon like the rest of the uber boss loot you guys at FC screwed up. Resta - Ace OT Spy

Disclaimer: Need anything talk in Vicinity...I ignore /tells.

Yeasterday(year) all my trouble seem so far away is all I have to say

I like the idea of a PvP server. However, I think to keep things a bit more even, we shouldn't be able to port characters over. No pre-nerf this, pre-bug fix that, EVERYBODY starts with a clean slate...there is no division between the have's and have not's (as far as fixed/nerfed stuff is concerned). The lvl 75-200 range should probably be tweaked a bit also.
    Animacion 160 Opi Enforcer equipment
    Takima 166 Trader
    Proud member of First Order for 3 years and going.

"All things around you grow stonger from your spilled blood. Now, you grow stronger from theirs."

giw me a pvp server and alow me to move my chars to it =)

Damn good idea...

Hence, it would actually be Anarchy Online instead of...

"Anarchy Online in special Places Only"
    "I got a snake man" -The Bafoon

Cool

sounds UBA

are u listening FUNCOM?

no i want a 4th chinese speaking server so i can make a lot of alts and feel uber on it with the other 45 people on that server.

yes good idea

gets my *bump*
    Fotik
    200 Clan Opifex Engineer
    Unit Commander of Storm

Dam right........give us real fun instead of waiting 20 min for 90 sec of fun in the PvP zones

As much as i dread lvling again I would SOOOOO start all over for that

Can you dig it, Sucka?

Now _this_ is what I'm talking about. A step in the right direction, at least.

Originally posted by Hirum
    Damn good idea...

Hence, it would actually be Anarchy Online instead of...

"Anarchy Online in special Places Only"
    Hehe I know

What's even more sad is we got 3 of THE SAME TYPE of server... Now THAT is a waste...

Carebear Online 1, 2 and 3!!!
    Last edited by Mor; Jul 19th, 2002 at 00:58:10.

For all those who replied with affirmation, get your friends to read and sign this if they like the idea of unrestricted PvP. If 12 people sign this, chances are, FC people won't even notice it, and really make a fourth carebear server somewhere in Korea... on the other hand if 12 hundred people respond, it might make them think about throwing together some hardware to accommodate the PvPers.

If anyone with some pull in FC organization reads this thread by some pff chance, I'd like to point out that every other big MMPORPG has at least one PvP server, and all of them are a success. I personally know at least five dozen of old UO PvPers who quit UO and AC's Darktide (PvP) server to play DAoC. (I did too, but for some reason DAoC gameplay just bores the hell out of me, so I decided to give AO another try.) DAoC's Mordred server was a HUGE success, in case you haven't heard. I had to wait on average around half hour just to log onto it, because if was full and didn't allow any more people on until the maximum number of users dropped below the allowed cap. This prompted DAoC to set up a second PvP server, "Andred", within the first two weeks of Mordred's release. I really like AO, it has awesome graphics and great concepts, but as it is now, I don't recommend it to any of my like-minded friends due to the lack of fulfilling PvP system... But it would change in an instant had this particular wish come true. And FC would probably gain a considerable revenue increase, since many of the people who quit due to boredom would come back to play the game they used to like a lot, as well as new users would try it out just as they did with DAoC.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast