Thread: Isobel's Tears

Isobel's Tears

Poly rested the notepad in her lap, and wrote down a reply. Tearing the leaf out of the pad, she passed her answer to the lady next to her.

It is possible I will find nothing at all, but I suspect it will be something of this nature. If I am correct, it will have been there for some time.

The lady read Poly's note out loud to her companion, looking confused, but curious enough not to walk away. Poly really didn't want these people to walk away. It was difficult to find those with the particular skillset she was looking for, but past that, she really didn't want them to walk away and tell other people about this little meeting. She wrote another reply and tore that from the pad too.

Why, I have speculated a great deal already. I don't believe it would be wise to do so any further. I can manage a payment to retain your services for the survey, and possibly the blasting. Past that, we will all have to wait and see.

"..okay," said the lady "But if it turns out that it is something dangerous, we're ghosts,"

Poly allowed herself a smile.

It would be impossible to retrieve it alone, Samson had told her that much. He didn't even have to tell her that, the fact he slept under a little concrete overhang with half a dozen other crazed technoscavengers was proof it couldn't be done alone. As his health started to fail, he had become all the more desperate, and all the more willing to trust someone. He'd approached Poly, for no particular reason. It had been a big risk on his part, definately. Usually, all of the bucket-headed 'things' that crawled around near the canal at night were shot on sight if they came to far into Old Athen.

Poly hadn't shot him. She was used to seeing things like Samson, all of the poor children of the immaculate contraption, as she called them. She'd had the good sense to at least point a weapon at him, but Poly didn't believe in shooting at things for the sake of it. It would cost far to much in ammunition for a start. He'd spoken his piece, and he'd given her some very old pieces of newspaper. Then, with all the dignity a walking scrap heap could muster, he asked very politely that she remember him if the information proved to be worth anything.

After the time she'd put into this, she thought, it had better be worth something.

((RP story here - let me know ingame if you would like to be involved))
    Anna 'Anuket' Tenebrae - Reassembled Grape Juice Hunter

-Elite Operations-

The article scrolled by on the screen. An opposite screen took the information and scanned for codes or patterns that may suggest a hidden message. Nothing... it was genuine.

**Opening Comm Link**

"Hey, its genuine."
    "Really?"
    "No, i'm lying to you." *laughter* "We should get a survey of the area before I contact the Engineer for the charges."
    "Yeah, probably. I'll talk to my supplier also."
    [brief pause]
    "Okay, Lt. I'm uploading a copy of the article she sent me. Get it yet?"
    "...yeah"
    "Anyway, you finish reading it and let me know of your opinion of the price we should charge. I mean, we should get *something* out of this...even though i'm not here to take money from people for things that I love doing."
    "Well, this is ground, not people..."
    "I guess you're right...why do you have to ruin it for me?"
    "You know me, Cap..."

"See you soon."
    "yep."

**Closing Comm Link**

He was obviously distracted. He was in some bizarre argument recently with someone...but I didn't know who or what it was about. ...I had an idea, however.

Anuket had contacted us...don't really know why but I always find myself going into anything with a bit of su****ion...especially when it was as easy as this seemed to be.

**Opening Comm Link**

"Anuket, would there be time today for a survey of the area?"

**Anuket is unavailable, message logged**
    **Closing Comm Link**