Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Americas Army

Americas Army

Have anyone tried this "Americas Army:Operation- Recon" game? I recon it will satisfy the war hungry. Might download it and have a look, as its free...
    "Life stinks, buy a helmet"
    D. Leary

Livet er bare den tiden det tar å dø...

Uhm, I've downloaded the game and tried it out...
    Yeah, I got, fairly impressed about the realism the game have... You start with some sort of "tutorial" where an officer goes through some basic stuffs like shooting with a gun and maintaining the controls... After some annoying tasks I was allowed to connect to the internet and check for servers (I read in the Gamespy chat that some fellow couldn't connect to some servers because he's not done all the excersises).

Well, kinda liked the game for about 30min... there was no map rotations at all, you just played the same map over and over and over again.

Then I uninstalled the game and deleted my online account.

(Playing Medal of Honor: Allied Assault)

Exclamation This game makes me sick

FREE War game created by the US army for propaganda purpose only, to help promote their damn one sided way of thinking when it comes to a solution of the conflicts in the world.

Armies are made to fight, that is their sole purpose, and they are established by governments to fufill that purpose. They do not propose solutions to anything, they are given orders which they carry out. Solutions are decided upon by the ruling government, so if you feel that the government's solutions only use force, then you need to do three things:

1. Educate yourself
    2. Use this education to form an informed opinion.
    3. Keep that opinion to yourself.

In fact, in the Clinton era, force was often not used, when the normal sensibilties of average people would lead them to actively use it.

What has this done for us? It has given the United States the most devastating terrorist attack known to man, both in lives lost, and property destroyed.

Now, do I feel that the government should use this game to promote the army? No, I feel it is a waste of taxpayer dollars.

Ah, SilkeX your post continues in your fine tradition of blathering incoherence, keep up the good work. (Or don't)

Actually just don't.

Ahh...Didnt know I had a fan, so you have followed my posting then?Thats so warming to hear...I got someone who follows all my posts....ahh....

Originally posted by Blade / Silke X
    Bush sucks...
    Yet the Clinton admin. was the most corrupt in US history; with the sex scandals, the taking an extra 100k worth of stuff from the White House, the charging people 20k per night to sleep in the Lincoln bedroom (the money went straight to Clinton on that one), Hillary looking up CIA files on about 1100 of her political opponents and their supporters, and All Gore giving free oil to a company which he just happened to have a huge amount of stock in which made it one of the largest 'kickbacks' is US history but claimed it was to help the economy..
    I am just waiting for Bush to seize that last one and tear the democrats in congress to peices with it. Oh yeah, the California power crises and that Amilio Gonzales guy who was 'kidnapped' by federal agents and sent back to Cuba, but hundereds of thousands of illegal immigrants were able to become American citizens.

Oh, and that entire military campaign in Africa, which was underfunded (Clintons cheapness caused dozens of unneccessary US casualties), but the news sources never got to that one much. They stayed with Sadam in Iraq and his ability to hide biological weapons after Clinton gave him a warning before searching the bunkers so he could avoid a 'war'.

Ack, I forgot how much Clinton 'lowered' taxes and used Social Security and welfare to buy votes! And WTF is with that guy rejecting the mid-pregnancy abortion bill over and over and over?

So, Bush is the one who sucks?

Originally posted by Asynthe
    In fact, in the Clinton era, force was often not used, when the normal sensibilties of average people would lead them to actively use it.

What has this done for us? It has given the United States the most devastating terrorist attack known to man, both in lives lost, and property destroyed.
    id say that americas continuing tradition of screwing over small countries and generally having a very hostile forign policy was the cause of this.

ever heard of "the great betrayal"?
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Screwing small countries

Dam right we do...been doing it for over 200 years and we can do it for another 200 years.....ahh I love living in the Super Power

Re: Screwing small countries

Originally posted by Templus
    Dam right we do...been doing it for over 200 years and we can do it for another 200 years.....ahh I love living in the Super Power
    lol, im glad im not you, do you realise that the people that your planes are bombing are real people too? nah, its just another video game to you. im ashamed to live in this generation sometimes.

I posted this before but deleted it because I had already created too much of a political battle, oh well..:

Ever hear of Poland in WWII? That country which England promised to protect if Germany attacked them, then Germany attacked them and Poland just happened to have the largest percent of casualties in the entire war?
    It also had about the same ratio of civilain/military casualties that China did.

So, what is screwing a country over?

well, england went to war to drive germany out of poland. that was the issue that we went to war on. (we came out of that war with our ecconomy and cities ripped to hell). what was your point?

screwing a country over would probabally be more like funding several groups in order to have a proxy war (afghanistan) or funding a military coup to oust a democratically elected leader (granada / iran) or maybe stopping small third world countries from producing copies of anti HIV drugs (sub-saharan africa), or maybe bombing the hell out of them because they might at some point become a threat again (iraq). ill leave it there.

my point is that i wouldnt be supprised if america was going to get more of these types of terrorist attacks, there are enough people out there who hate you.

Originally posted by Whiterrabbit
    well, england went to war to drive germany out of poland. that was the issue that we went to war on. (we came out of that war with our ecconomy and cities ripped to hell). what was your point?
    Ohh..how noble. Who do you think helped rebuild your cities and economy?

Ahh..get off your high horse and get back to reality. England was one of the first big bullies on the block. Ever heard of the American Revolution?

Go tell the IRA how righteous the UK government is.

Don't mean to get irratated, but this US bashing is just gettin old.
    Last edited by WhistlinJoe; Jul 30th, 2002 at 20:17:34.
    |-o-| (=0=) |-o-|

im not on a high horse, your free to bash the uk government, we know it stinks. what has irritated me is templus' attitude, if this is representative of those in the US of A...

Ahh...I dont mean to bash.

What the world needs is more Ale!

:P

Its Americas turn to 'control the world', you guys already had India and China and tons of Africa and a quarter of the world..

Britain said the same thing about Ceaser and Ghengis Kahn, only you are still a cool nation.

Oh no! Keyboard polititians.

OK I'll have a stab at it.

I think the past has taught us that trying to take over and control a country is not a smart or wise thing to do. Eventualy the people revolt. The economy is where its at. You can control the world in an easier manner by supplying to the world what they want and think they need. Look at Bill Gates. In this world there are alot of products being sold. Gates has only a few in comparison to the world yet he is one of the richest. A person with that kind of money can collapse entire economies.

Taking over the world is old,wornout and passe. Step into the 21st century ladies and gentleman, taking over economies will give you that best end result. The culture is still there, the religion is still there and so are the people. Boost the economy of a country and I bet you'll hear alot less whining from the people and they will like you for it.

No Pinky, the U.S isn't trying to take over the world. And anyway, who would really want the headache. With the world you get cultural differences that fuel most of the wars and you get a religeous bloodline fued thats been the longest running war conflict this world has ever seen. My suggestion is to stick with the economy and money and rule from afar.

Originally posted by Asynthe
    Armies are made to fight, that is their sole purpose, and they are established by governments to fufill that purpose.
    Just to point out that fighting is not an armies sole purpose. It is also there to provide a government with a large body of trained, and disciplined Men (and Women). This also has uses in diaster relief, and other things like that.

Hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

And to post on the Whole USA/UK bashing. Yes, Britain was originally a big bully, just like the USA is now. However we also had alot of other large countries to keep it in check. The USA is really lacking this. It is also making most of the same Mistakes Britain made about 100 years ago (when she was the most powerful nation on the planet), mainly that of ignoring the rest of the world as irrelevant. If you want to see where this course of action will lead you, take a look at Britain now.

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast