Thread: Atrox Volunteers Wanted

Atrox Volunteers Wanted

We at Omni-Tek, being the caring entity that we are, are always seeking ways to better the safety conditions for our workers. Ever since that unfortunate incident in the mines several centuries ago, we have been trying to decrease the number of deaths in those work places - after all, a dead worker is an unproductive worker. Therefore, we are starting a new program whereby our Atroxes can live longer, more productive lives.

What we have come up with are some new prototypes of the famed Karlsson Propellor Cap. These improved versions feature stunning alterations to the original design such as titanium propellers, notum-turbo engines and three new fashionable colors to choose from. The concept here is to increase the strength and velocity of the propeller; by doing so, the hope is that if a rock or continental plate does fall on an Atrox, the propeller will chop it up (the rock, not the Atrox... hopefully) into little, bitty pieces and deflect those pieces, at a high rate of speed, to the side and away from the worker.

This is where the volunteers come in. We need some Atroxes to wear the prototype caps as well as several more Atroxes to stand around them while we drop boulders on the ones wearing the caps. For your services, each Atrox will be rewarded with two pies and the knowledge that it served it's employer well.*

* Injury and/or death may occur to surrounding Atroxes and/or cap-wearing Atroxes due to prototype failure, "stress testing" and/or flying debris. Your acceptance of the possibility of pie constitutes your agreement to possible injury and/or death. Omni-Tek, nor any of it's subsidiaries, is not responsible for injury and/or death nor for payment of pie whether volunteers survive testing procedures or not.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

I will volunteer. Being a bit slow though (as you know we Atroxes are), I will need you to demonstrate first before I go. I want to be sure I get this right after all!
    BigGreen
    Advisor of Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org

current setup

Of we can easily demonstrate using our state of the art 3D computer model tests; of course testing on the computer doesn't give us the raw data we need to provide the safest working enviroment for our atrox friends. There are certain risks that need to be taken but I'm proud to announce that I will also being throwing in protective eyewear (in the form of a blindfold) to further protect our volunteers.

At the payment of two pies?! You can't beat that pay atroxies, atroxi.. trox's.. cattle, whatever you call a large group of Atrox... step on up and be the first to say you're working to further advance the saftey of your species.

Hmm.. I'd have volunteered if you hadn't made that "slip of the tongue", Trybes.

As it is I'll let you off with a warning: we 'Troxes aren't happy with derogatory remarks directed at us.
    As for the usual "so what": we are not only extremely strong with matching stamina (thanks to OT bio-engineers), we also have access to the same implants that you have, so we are no longer of inferior intellect.
    In short: don't make us your enemies.. we have a long memory and there are a whole lot of us around - and we stick up for each other so reclaim sickness won't clear our memorty of any insults either.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

*glares at the evil peoples*