Thread: Disarm traps question

Disarm traps question

Ok, I have the disarm trap tool. I have disarm traps at about 3 times the level of missions I run. I have still YET to actually disarm a trap. I will sometimes attempt 12-20 times before attempting to open chest and still the chest, she blows up! Arrgghhh! What am I missing here? Any suggestions?

I think you need alot more than that. A friend of mine claims it's about 4x the mission level. He maxes his skill and still only disarms the traps half the time. It's something I plan on working for once I catch up in IP.

Ok, 3 times the chest level is the bare minimum skill needed. Less than that and you will never disarm the trap. Chests can be higher (and lower) ql than mission ql.

I recommend that you try some very very low ql missions to see if you can disarm those chests. If you can't, then something is wrong about what you are doing (hold tool in mouse cursor, right click on chest).

I have 560 trap disarm at level 95 after all modifiers (3 clusters, ICC cloak, pickafinger, fixer buff). I can disarm any chest with a few tries (in ql 171 missions). There is no way I can detect these same traps since my perception doesn't cut it.