Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fixers DONT SUCK...i have had it with this claim

Fixers DONT SUCK...i have had it with this claim

Why do you think fixers suck ? I do not understand at all. I have been on RK2 since it started...and my two arch enemies were both Fixers. First there was Shaded (always about 20-30 levels above me). NOw it is Trystar...(15 or so above me). I can't kill them and I don't see it for a long time.

I am a level 152 soldier....and my Nova flow does like 100 damage....and i thought soldiers would do damage.

Fixers have everything going for them. Run buffs....they run away and I can't catch them. They can Root me. They can grid out in 5 seconds. They can heal over time more than I can hit him for any given shot. They have uber evades (if they are smart). Trystar wears Energy pads just for me (well not really, but for soldiers in general). If i do get off a crit it is for 900...then he just speeds away leaving me in the dust. Granted he doesn't hit that hard ( I dont see him killing me 1v1 in 2ho)...but i can't kill him. Evena team of 6 would have trouble cuz he just run off. Fixers are the imblance of PvP. He has 125 QL First Aid so if i do get a burst or full auto that is good he just heals most of it up...while he runs off and his HoT does the rest.

You tell me why Fixers suck,,cause im not seeing it. Been my rival my duration on Anarchy Online. Maybe the fixers u play against are just social players who take no time to make their characters great. Well I try, and I am not sure I will ever take him down until I get that 200 flashpoint running =) (Oh yea full auto buff!!! expertise aint enough)

OMG

Joo have found a smurty fixer!

I've been killed by cheating fixers, ones with like 10k runspeeds, ones that would have trouble staying in my view distance because if they hit the forward key for half a second they would be out of visual range.

But still the root, move out of soldiers range into mausser ranged extended range tactic is nice.

Yeah, Impatience is a good PvP fixer too. He's............apprentise at least.

/wave to hum

Hehe, you cant compair all fixers to trystar, he is UBER!

As for hitting hard, yes, he does not hit as hard as you, but first time I saw him I thought he was an agent he was hitting so damn hard!

Fixers are not completely gimped, but they do need a little love in the nano area.

I will say again that I fear FUncom love.

They break everything that they touch.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Today I was browsing the nano isle in an advanced store until I came across the fixer booth. It had about 15 nanos in it. Ouch!

Originally posted by SuupaSayen
    Yeah, Impatience is a good PvP fixer too. He's............apprentise at least.

/wave to hum
    heya

hehe i lost apprentice on impatience cause I finally didn't run away from a fight I was losing (the guy deserved it though, I had killed him many times and he finally got the upper hand).

Btw, heya army.

Almost forgot to mention...

Give Sophic a few levels, he'll kill trystar. He almost did it last time they fought, but try got away.

Heh, you probably won't be able to till you're a bit higher then him... Cause you have no way to keep him from getting away without help.

You do know that the Nova Flow is not a good choice for a PvP weapon? Westinghouse or similar (IEC) are much better choices.. But of course, you need to be able to switch between weapons.. And a Flamer or HSR arms is also good

DrCam

Dfield, do u know what u are talking about when u say sophic almost beat trystar?...Did u even see the fight?...Cause i did and what i saw was sophic run by the guards and root trystar then attack. With 2 of the guards help he managed to get trystar to half health and while i dont know how much health he has i dought he was close to dying. From what i saw the only reason he gridded was because the guards took off as much or more than sophic did.

Also, i dont see why the guards cant be moved back to the gate like they were before now that the 15 second invulnrabiltiy is in effect. They were put there to stop the grid and wompa camping but now they are unnecassary. They are used by omnis to help get cheap kills, if they were put back by the gate to 2ho then all would be an equal fight.

Ok, I'm not really seeing your point
    1) They are both higher levels than you
    2) The best they can do is run away. Fixers have always said that we are good at that. The point is that running away from everything is not the most fun thing a player can do. We are inert. We are hard to kill, but we have a hard time killing others.

I have resigned myself to not dishing out damage. If something is going to die, it won't be by my hands. The best role I have come up for a Fixer to do is pull and do limited crowd control. Crowd control will become increasing difficult as we will get resisted more at higher levels. Also, once Beaurocrats start becomming plentiful, it's all over. We will become the uber pullers but that is it.

I could be happy with that (maybe), but that doesn't mean anything for PvP. At least it's good to know that I'll be able to escape while my party is being decimated.

"I said they call me a Fixer. Not COWARD!", I proclaimed as I darted off into the shadows.

Fixers are damn good at pvp. Maybe the ones complaining are the monster bashers (carebears).

A monster just stays there for the soldier to kill. A fixer however can root and run if needed (they don't even need to root first lol). So the fixer can fight and if the battle is in his favor, stay and kill the soldier. If the battle is not in the fixers favor, no soldier is going to be able to stop him from getting away.

Another big factor is that generally PvP doens't happen in wide open spaces. A fixer doesn't really get to take full adavantage of his speed as far as tactics. A player fighting a fixer can simply dart into a wompa or store in 2HO.

2HO. sigh. What I'd give for a general failure of all gas suppression. Things would be crazy for awhile, but enventually the villians would mark themselves as targets, and I think, generally speaking, the game would become a lot more interesting on all levels.

Originally posted by Koma

Also, i dont see why the guards cant be moved back to the gate like they were before now that the 15 second invulnrabiltiy is in effect. They were put there to stop the grid and wompa camping but now they are unnecassary. They are used by omnis to help get cheap kills, if they were put back by the gate to 2ho then all would be an equal fight.
    the 15 seconds is bugged, and easy to avoid.

have you ever played a fixer?

so the best fixers can do in pvp is to run away? right, god damn, im uber and didnt realise.

We do feck all damage, we have no nanos, there are fewer fixers playing this game everyday, and now you come out and say that we're uber... right. i see.

I pvped mmd today, got ganked by at least three omnis, they must have been scared of me.
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

I agree. My old Fixer (cancelled my account several months back and re-oppened days ago) was good at PvP. He got to 46th lvl and didn't PvP much but when a Omni would challenge me.. I'd accept and I'm glad to say I've never lost to an Omni

Once... at about 35th lvl or so.. I was challenged bye a lvl40 OT Enforcer. I knew he'd kick my ass close up so I played smart.. I used my best HOT, and as soon as he cast his 10 second Uber dmg buff I rooted him and ran way. I didn't shoot I just recast my HOT and let me healing stim timer recharge. After 30-40 seconds he was out of mana and I was still goin strong with a burst and a stim ready.. I had him down to about 1/3 health and just let him close it.. used burst. He was dead and I was at 1/2 health still

Yes a smark fixer may not have many good things going for him.. but what he does have is very PvP friendly.

Originally posted by Fion
    He got to 46th lvl...

Yes a smark fixer may not have many good things going for him.. but what he does have is very PvP friendly.
    The Fixer is a great class up to about 50-60. We start to decline from there and at some point we just suck. If you read the posts of the people who are complaining, you'll see that we all pretty much agree on that point.

Complaining people often agree. I would maybe agree that Fixers could use some more cool nanos and stuff, but god knows NTs could need that too. We're supposed to be the experts with nano programs, and every other profession has better **** that us. Lower defensive skill roots, pets, buffs, etc, only thing we're best at is damage nanos, and they are NOT good enough.

Rk1 :: Abasin :: lvl 72 clan nt
    Rk2 :: Illuvatar :: lvl 154 omni nt

Re: Fixers DONT SUCK...i have had it with this claim

Originally posted by Armycastaway
    Why do you think fixers suck ? I do not understand at all. I have been on RK2 since it started...and my two arch enemies were both Fixers. First there was Shaded (always about 20-30 levels above me). NOw it is Trystar...(15 or so above me). I can't kill them and I don't see it for a long time.

I am a level 152 soldier....and my Nova flow does like 100 damage....and i thought soldiers would do damage.

Fixers have everything going for them. Run buffs....they run away and I can't catch them. They can Root me. They can grid out in 5 seconds. They can heal over time more than I can hit him for any given shot. They have uber evades (if they are smart). Trystar wears Energy pads just for me (well not really, but for soldiers in general). If i do get off a crit it is for 900...then he just speeds away leaving me in the dust. Granted he doesn't hit that hard ( I dont see him killing me 1v1 in 2ho)...but i can't kill him. Evena team of 6 would have trouble cuz he just run off. Fixers are the imblance of PvP. He has 125 QL First Aid so if i do get a burst or full auto that is good he just heals most of it up...while he runs off and his HoT does the rest.

You tell me why Fixers suck,,cause im not seeing it. Been my rival my duration on Anarchy Online. Maybe the fixers u play against are just social players who take no time to make their characters great. Well I try, and I am not sure I will ever take him down until I get that 200 flashpoint running =) (Oh yea full auto buff!!! expertise aint enough)
    try 2 play fixer...and be cool

Re: have you ever played a fixer?

Originally posted by ReelBigFish
    so the best fixers can do in pvp is to run away? right, god damn, im uber and didnt realise.

We do feck all damage, we have no nanos, there are fewer fixers playing this game everyday, and now you come out and say that we're uber... right. i see.

I pvped mmd today, got ganked by at least three omnis, they must have been scared of me.
    Go ask Argulace how he got his Rookie title then.....just lvl up and switch to a suppressor....I am almost certain that your burst/FA alpha will be every bit as mean as a soldiers alpha....plus you have the option to stay and fight, or run if things go badly. Most soldiers dont have this option.

Yes I pray for fixer's to get some nano love, but plz stop crying that you are gimped in PvP....it can obviously be done, you just need to research and plan how to become good at PvP if that is your thing.
    ~Manchilde

rookie? hows about Trystar with his aprentice hehehhee.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast