Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Omni-Pol attacked by.....Omni?

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    Like blood has not been spilled in the Council of Truth between Sentinel supporters and their rival Clans.
    Nope. And you were right, you can only use cheap propaganda..can't afford more expensve one.

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    Must have been meat stolen from an Omni Tek vessel then I presume.... Oh how would you survive without us?
    I resent that implication. I admit it might fallen off some OT vessel that was shoot down by aliens, but you can hold that against me, since OT operates on "finder keeper" too. Or I might imported it myself. It's not only Aliens that can evade Omni sky blocade, you know?

On topic how could we survive without Omni Tek....leave planet and see for yourself .
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Right, like Clanners do not routinely shoot their own guards out of boredom or just to test their weapons. Like blood has not been spilled in the Council of Truth between Sentinel supporters and their rival Clans.

It is a sad and bitter lesson for Omni-Tek to once again realise once again that rogues and criminals abound among our ranks when we should be the ones setting the example for civilized and lawful behaviour. But don't insult our intelligence by pretending that things are any better among the Clans.

Savoy
    I had never said that the clans demonstrated a perfect society, and as you have pointed out there are lower elements, and with this those that would cause uneeded pain and redundant deaths to others. And even then in the case of the guards, they know this is a potential hazard and they know to keep their insurance current so that they make it back "no worse for wear" as they say.

Also yes, for better or worse for as long as our history records. When people are given the rights to no... allowed, to freely believe what is morally correct conflicts may occur, and this is the natural course of things which always does reach some sort of compromise. Where as when you attempt to force individuals to fit only into one mold you see discontent, anger, those who lash out, those who try to destroy your own society from within, and the list goes on.

And while you may not have stepped beyond your borders of your city to look at the world around you like I was once afraid to do. It is a thriving world, where people have the freedom to pursue their own goals, aspirations, and dreams. Where we can live without being told or have the idea reinforced that the only reason we where brought fourth to this world or created was to further the goals of a corporations. Where we can truly be alive.

Now if you are trying throw down the ideals of the clans based upon the idea of material wealth, as egoistic as that comparison may be. You would be wrong their as well, considering that many of these individuals are now living in these "luxury" apartments on jobe myself included. Purchasing the more expensive equipment, and have the opportunity to spread the wealth among newer members of our society.

I hope you stop to think of this or at least attempt to look at things from a different perspective as you read this in the hopes that you wil not be limited to narrow view which Omni Tech attempts to establish so concretely within the minds of others.

Have a wonderful look around the world, and into yourself.
    - As I am commonly know, MetaFae

((OOC: Got thrown kind of through a loop there when you came to the mention of the conflict with the sentinals. Guess thats what I get for being gone and coming back when I can :x So by chance would you know where I could catch up on this? Thanks and sorry for the troubles >_<))
    Last edited by MetaFae; Apr 10th, 2005 at 15:03:27.

All I am saying is that turning on our own people with random acts of violence is just one more thing Omni-Tek and Clan are more similar than different. We both do it, neither of us should be proud about it.

In deeds, if not in words, there is very little to distinguish an Omni-Tek employee from the modern Clanner, though those in power, those who stand to gain from the keeping this pointless conflict going, would have us believe otherwise.

I suspect you are the one who may need to look around and start asking some serious questions to yourself adn to your leaders.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Those in power, as you so eloquently put it would gain nothing from watching their societies crumble through the use of fighting which would only waste needed time and resources fighting in what apparantly is a stalemate.

Additionally, I have looked around and asked these questions. This is why I left Omni Tech. *smiles*

Good day,
    MetaFae
    Last edited by MetaFae; Apr 10th, 2005 at 17:30:55.

All I am saying is that turning on our own people with random acts of violence is just one more thing Omni-Tek and Clan are more similar than different. We both do it, neither of us should be proud about it.

In deeds, if not in words, there is very little to distinguish an Omni-Tek employee from the modern Clanner, though those in power, those who stand to gain from the keeping this pointless conflict going, would have us believe otherwise.

I suspect you are the one who may need to look around and start asking some serious questions to yourself adn to your leaders.

Savoy
    So when was the last time you spoke to your leader y'rself?

*scratches the back of his head*

Oh..wait..thats right..you can't...hmmm...my bad...
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

It is of grave concern when supposedly Omni Tek employees attack an Omni Tek officer with the result of death. But how can we be one hundred percent they really were Omni Tek employees?? I for one am convinced they were not.

I remember certain shook troops that showed ,through scanning, to be clanners. Yet they were in no way affiliated to the clans. There are also non-peaceful neutral organisations out there who have the means to infiltrate and cause mayhem in any city they should desire. Also, countless others could have pulled this off.

Teaching well established veterans of Rubi Ka to look closer at the societies around Rubi Ka to better grasp the reasons for this situation seems, to me, blunt out foolish. Believing you understand our (Omni Tek) society and then battering down our understanding of yours is also looking pretty up-tight and arrogant to me. Do not for a second, believe, that the corporation do not understand the ways of the clans.

A murder has been comitted and even though common belief is that it was comitted by Omni Tek employees I would like to point out one big clue as to why I do not believe it is so.
    The officer that was killed was checking ID-tags.
    The ones that attacked him ,I am sure, had to act before it was theyre turn to show theyre identities. If they had some reason to not show theyre tags they could not have been Omni Tek employees.

So, in fact, I find it futile to gibber about the lack of loyalty in the corporation as I see no hard proof employees were involved at all.

Also, the reporter of this article should take note and be sure to provide evidence and hard fact next time.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

You show them Naefen. I'm sure every loyal Omni Tek employee would let his ID tag be scaned before commiting murder. In doung so he'll save OT credits, since all it would remain for Omni Pol is to pick him up.

Hmm.. whichever is the truth of the matter.. I was shocked to see this report. Not only shocked at the fact that Omni citizens may have attacked their own cities protectors (Which is still up for debate I see), but that Omni-Pol was actually defeated soundly it seems. This is truely shocking times and I would like to offer my sympathies to the Omni-Pol officer(s) who where injured or reclaimed.

I would like to mention that the clans would gladly help Omni-Pol maintain peace in their cities if they should feel the job is too overwhelming. I'm sure our council would have little trouble arranging some of the Sentinels to assist in maintaining law and order in any Omni city.

*mutters under my breath* "and it would get them out of our hair for a short time"
    Anyway, as I said, my sympathies.

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge
    You show them Naefen. I'm sure every loyal Omni Tek employee would let his ID tag be scaned before commiting murder. In doung so he'll save OT credits, since all it would remain for Omni Pol is to pick him up.
    Ah lovely sarcasm Trgeorge. Unfortunately, your reversing of my theory is oh so transparent. Just so that there can be no doubt I will run you through it again.

1. Omni officers on patrol scanning employees ID-tags as a routine security check.

2. Bad guys seeing that the officers are headed theyre way next.

3. Bad guys left with two(2) options.
    -Option 1. - Being arrested because theyre fake ID-tags wouldnt see them through a security check with scanners.
    -Option 2. - Opening fire. Abort what ever they were doing in the city and make a run for it.

As it seems the villains in this scenario choes option 1. Succesfully I might add. Your failure to see Omni Tek for what it is might be why you so ignorantly try to turn every Omni Tek employee into a credit-hungry beast in the eyes of any outside the corporation.
    I am not pleased, or the slightest impressed, by such blatantly savage comments in matters as serious as murder.
    Nor do I believe you care, and you may comment me on that since I am sure you will anyway.

PS: Your stuck with the Sentinels like it or not
    Last edited by Naefen; Apr 11th, 2005 at 19:55:57.

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

I express my condolences to the family of Officer Severous and my regret that such an incident should occur at all. In these days of threats from clans within and alien forces without the last thing an omni-tek employee should think of doing is opening fire upon another.

I beseech anyone with information about this incident to come forward, now is time to show that we protect our own and will not stand for this kind of cold-blooded murder
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    Ah lovely sarcasm Trgeorge. Unfortunately, your reversing of my theory is oh so transparent. Just so that there can be no doubt I will run you through it again.

1. Omni officers on patrol scanning employees ID-tags as a routine security check.

2. Bad guys seeing that the officers are headed theyre way next.

3. Bad guys left with two(2) options.
    -Option 1. - Being arrested because theyre fake ID-tags wouldnt see them through a security check with scanners.
    -Option 2. - Opening fire. Abort what ever they were doing in the city and make a run for it.

As it seems the villains in this scenario choes option 1. Succesfully I might add. Your failure to see Omni Tek for what it is might be why you so ignorantly try to turn every Omni Tek employee into a credit-hungry beast in the eyes of any outside the corporation.
    I am not pleased, or the slightest impressed, by such blatantly savage comments in matters as serious as murder.
    Nor do I believe you care, and you may comment me on that since I am sure you will anyway.

PS: Your stuck with the Sentinels like it or not
    All you are doing is stating that there is not fact of those people being Omni-Tek employees while all in all there is no fact at all.
    Making assumptions of something you believe are assumptions just doesnt fit.
    You don't know the motives of the people. You don't know if they were neutrals, Omnis or Clans. You don't know.
    I can sum up a list of things that come to my mind of what their motives were but its no fact of truth.
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

As Legaron said, all are you doing is making assumptions Naefen. Yes, I used sarcasm, just to show you, that in perfect sociaty ( what you think of OT ), human nature still bubbles to the top.

You got so cought up in "fake ID" theory, you're neglecting any other option. What happened, didn't really suprise anyone, only thing starnge is that's this is first occurence. So how would one proceed to kill someone with risky job over personal grunde? Make it look like work accident...
    Last edited by Trgeorge; Apr 12th, 2005 at 08:23:25.

On the contrary, I do not in the very least look at only one solution in this case. I am merely pointing out one of many other possibilities since the majority seem caught up in the Omni vs Omni case the reporter presented.

The case I presented is in no way meant to be the "perfect" eay of how the situation came to be. Yes, Legaron, it can even be called an assumption but no more that what the reporter wrote in his article. It can still be that his scenario is right but I doubt it. The "fake ID-tag theory" could also be right, but I doubt it is correct aswell. It was just an attempt to open up your minds to the fact this murder may not have been done the way it seems it was done.......

Making assumptions of what might be assumptions is the way I felt Id get my point through the best way. It seems I have erred in this Ah well, I still dont believe for a second the attackers were Omni Tek.

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

For those of you who don't know, yes, I led the attack on the Omni-Pol patrol. Why? I asked for the patrol to present their ID, in exchange for myself showing mine. Nothing. No response. How was I to know that Servious was not a clan imposter? Hm? After the patrol forcefully taking a sample of my DNA I was outraged, so I called upon all the local citizens to attack. If we are expected to prove our identity, then should our 'guards' not prove to us that they are indeed who they say they are. Simple question.

(ooc: lol i so pwnt servious)
    Ubuntu is for people who can't understand unix.

*chuckles*

Get ya clan application forms here ladies and gentlemen. *waves around a bunch of application forms* Right here people! Get ya clan apps right here. All for free!

*shakes his head as he grins*

Keeper of Assembly

That's right... Join the clans.. and be subjected to the same sort of close minded dictatorship like thinking from the Sentinels..

And yes... I am clan.. allthough my orginization and I support the Knights of Avalon.

Simply joining the clans is not a solution into itself. We are not free from idiotic brutality either.

Quote Originally Posted by Fionnghal
    That's right... Join the clans.. and be subjected to the same sort of close minded dictatorship like thinking from the Sentinels..
    ...which is closed minded thinking also. What if I like the way he runs things? Oh wait, I don't think like you...I don't count.

funny... I believe the Sentinels hold the most support in the Council..

Therefore you count exactly the same way Nazi supporters counted in Hitlers Germany on old earth.

Making feeble attempts to lure an opponent of the Sentinels into a pointless argument seems contrary to the Sentinels typical way of addressing such problems. I'm very shocked you don't pull out a weapon and threaten to kill me if I don't show my ID. Like it or not, the Sentinels are equally as brutal and dictatorial as Omni-Pol. Possibly more so.

Maybe Omni-Pol can send some members for you to train?

*laughs out loud*

Lure you? I merely commented on your hypocrisy. Now...let me get something straight.... Uhm... you make a very contradictive statement in your rage against the Sentinels, I call you on it and therefore i'm going to shoot someone? *chuckles...(a lot)*

...but here we are again. I support someone you don't like personally and I am akin to Nazis? How open minded is that, noble and honorable Knight supporter?

I pointed out the similarities of the Sentinels to Omni-Pol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Astera
    Lure you? I merely commented on your hypocrisy.
    That seems like a lure to me

Oh wait, I don't think like you...I don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fionnghal
    Therefore you count exactly the same way Nazi supporters counted in Hitlers Germany on old earth.
    you make a very contradictive statement in your rage against the Sentinels, I call you on it and therefore i'm going to shoot someone?
    I think my statement was very clear and to the point.. not at all contradictive. In fact, I never once said that because you don't think like me that you don't count. I in fact said that you indeed do count. So you are actually the one being contradictive. Furthermore, you are the one assuming a none-existant rage. I was not aware that being opposed to something emmediatly equated to a rage. Maybe it does for Sentinels and their supports but I assure you it does not for most people. As for shooting people, I think it is well documented how Sentinels deal with problems. Would you like to dispute historical fact?

...but here we are again. I support someone you don't like personally and I am akin to Nazis? How open minded is that, noble and honorable Knight supporter?
    Yes indeed, here we are again. You do indeed support someone I don't and my parrallel does have merit. How open minded is it? It is open minded of me to remember recent history and draw similarities to other dictatorships.

Understandably you wish to obsure the parrallel with pointing the finger of "Look you are close minded too!!". If I was in your shoes, I would not wish to debate how the Sentinels are similar to Nazism or Omni-Pol. I might find out that they are indeed very similar. Or if I was allready aware of the similarity, I might further point it out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast