Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Omni-Pol attacked by.....Omni?

Your backpeddling is noted...

Meanwhile, the "parallel" you are pointing out would be good, if I were to say that *I am right*. To this date, I haven't. I have my beliefs, same as you, but the evil sentinel supporter did not come here to bash anothers beliefs now did she?

So, say what you will, write another three paragraphs about whatever but please note that I see through them down to the true "its them, not me" garbage. I suspect that everyone else does as well.

It makes me laugh, really. I remember someone in the Council deliberately posting a "choose someone other than the sentinels" thread cleverly hidden behind an "informative decision making" post. He could not stand the fact that we showed his true motives behind it. This is the same situation.

You said something that put you in hot water, I pointed it out and you cry, "Its them, not me!" I genuinely hope that the people reading this throughout Rubi Ka see the complete hypocrisy of certain individuals who support "the good and wise clans".

Part I dont understand is....

What does this have to do with anything?

Sentinels ain't never asked me for no ID card...I pass them...Some say hi..some salute..some eat pie...some don't even look at me. They never bother me unless they wan't me to help them with something. And if its something productive for the Clans I help them gladly.
    Omni-Pol tells you to shut up. Tells you to show your ID-Card. Tells you to answer. Tells you to shut up again. Tells you to not eat your pie the way you are eating it because you're smudging the thing all over the place. Tell you to clean the smudge up. Tell you to shut up again. Then they tell you to answer where you got the friggin pie in the first place! I just wanna eat my pie for cryin out loud!

*clears his troath*

Miss Omordha...Simon Silverstone threw the people in the Council of Truth out of Tir because of his anger. The people had been rude against him, and I'm not saying those people were wrong, but it got him angered. thus he threw everyone out of Tir, and let them come back when he was less angry.
    I really don't know the details on what happened and I don't know what flavour pie Nazzies is and lets be frank...who gives a rollerrats tail...So far the Sentinels haven't made some move to anger the clans in such a way that it wouldnt be clan anymore. I'm sure every single clanner is opposed to surpression. Wich is why they became clanners in the first place. So if there was some surpression going on by the sentinels they would just vote him out...nuff said..Now I'm gonna enjoy smudging my pie in front of a Sentinel officer without having to worry about any problems....*grabs a piece of pie and sits down in front of Tir FairTrade*

oh...thats right...

*shouts* Get ya clan application forms here! Get some pie while yer at it! Not my pie..buy yer own...Get ya clan apps right here for free!
    Last edited by Legaron; Apr 14th, 2005 at 07:31:57.
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

*cough* become neutral *cough*
    Free Souls
    --------------------------
    Rubi-Ka for the neutrals! And xp for tradeskills!
    Rimor Roleplay Channel (/tell Nrpb !join)
    -------------------------
    OUT OF BUSINESS!
    Mummu's Sound Bag v1.19; A custom Voice Pack for Notum Wars now working with 15.7 html chat system!

When Sentinels took over Tir, unelected and uninvited, a few Clanners tried to resist even to extend to using force, among which people like Vixentrox and Fixerben if I recall correctly. They were crushed. Some Clanners cheered, most did not care too much one way or the other as there was no loot in.

Silverstone changed the politics of Tir. He did not simply take over the job abandoned by the previous guards, he decided to close Tir to Neutrals and institute a shoot on sight policy. Whether you agree with this policy or no not, one thing remains. He did not ask anyone permission to make this policy change. He did not take a vote or consult the public. Your voice, your opinions and rights mean nothing to the Sentinels.

These are the acts of a dictator, not a democrat. Any claim Clanners may make about fighting for freedom, democracy and against oppression will appear hollow for as long as the Clans notional capitol, the town that homes Council of Truth itself, is in the hands of a dictator.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Astera you're just as imature as that Simon of yours. Or if I'd used your words, this is a very loathsome thing (even for you) to say. I stand behind things I say. And I never claimed Sentinels were dear to me...somehow I always find time to express oposite. Now if you'd be so kind and find time yourself to actually reread that CoT thingie. Maybe you'll notice I have no problem with Sentinels wining, should Simon found enough balls to accept post himself.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Trgeorge, you make it sound very personal. This is not personal to me. This is a small spanking for spewing bile while I (as a sent supporter) am trying to work towards unity and finding common ground for us all.

I guess with enough support on your end, I could give up my blasphemous ideas of "middle ground". ...It's kind of find it funny that Trgeorge is a knight supporter also.

As far as your other topic, I won't get into it here. This thread has been derailed enough.
    Last edited by Astera; Apr 14th, 2005 at 13:57:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Legaron
    Sentinels ain't never asked me for no ID card.
    Then be happy that there are some people who oppose the Sentinels complete dominance over the clans. Given their previous shoot on site policy for neutrals, it would not be long before they would try just as you suggest if not unchecked.

Miss Omordha...Simon Silverstone threw the people in the Council of Truth out of Tir because of his anger. The people had been rude against him, and I'm not saying those people were wrong, but it got him angered. thus he threw everyone out of Tir, and let them come back when he was less angry.
    The Council of Truth is supposidely a place where the different factions can meet and debate differences. The leaders of these factions are supposed to have their say in the matters that face the clans. Thus, a democracy. Mr. Silverstone, as demonstrated, would rather throw temper tantrums and physically remove the other leaders from the Tower of Truth because they don't agree with him. This is the example that the leader of the Sentinels sets for his followers. The example that might makes right and if they don't agree with you then ignore them and do it your way anyhow. To me, this makes him a dictator. And for this I strongly oppose the Sentinels.

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    Silverstone changed the politics of Tir. He did not simply take over the job abandoned by the previous guards, he decided to close Tir to Neutrals and institute a shoot on sight policy. Whether you agree with this policy or no not, one thing remains. He did not ask anyone permission to make this policy change. He did not take a vote or consult the public. Your voice, your opinions and rights mean nothing to the Sentinels.
    This is very true Miss Savoy I'm embarrased to say. But please understand that not all of the clan supports the Sentinels. In fact, there are alot of us who oppose them and their ways. I completely understand Neutrals feelings against clans due to the Sentinels actions and I hope that someday we can enjoy a better relationship.

*shouts* Get ya clan application forms here! Get some pie while yer at it! Not my pie..buy yer own...Get ya clan apps right here for free!
    I agree that fighting for what is right is the best way to go. I joined the clans to take a side against Omni-Tek and Phillip Ross.
    *Picks up some application forms as well* I'll join you in recruiting to the clan, but I will also try to instill a sense of democracy.
    *shouts* Yes, get your clan application forms here and stop dictatorships where-ever they may occure.
    *smiles and passes Legaron her pie* I'm sorta full.. maybe you can finish this for me, no ID required.

I think Astera is right when she says this topic has derailed.
    I think some people just have different thoughts on what freedom is and means to them. And yes miss I was just recently at the Jobe Training Grounds and spoke to some young'uns about politics and life in itself. Ofcourse I don't just load them with a bag of apps so they can use it for themselfs or their friends. I always try to ask them questions on what they want from life and why so I can make up what type of person that is.

Oooh...Ill take ya up on that pie! *Grabs a piece of pie and works it into his mouth faster than healthy*

*whipes his mouth with a little piece of clod* ~Strawberry-Plat Ingot surprise...Yummeh~ Oh yeah...Get ya clan apps right here peeps!
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

*Satellite uplink connected, stand by for transmission.... loading....transmission started*

I dont know much about the conflict, but if i had this kind of incident in my backyard i' would really do some deep investigations... i mean a few dead people here a few dead people there, also that bomb placed in Omni 1 a few weeks ago, to many coincidences isnt it?
    As a clanner i am always happy at each Omni-Tek Employee that dies, heck 1 more dead = 1 more less to deal with, and if they kill eachother , even more better.
    i will wait for the events to unfold but i think there will be more and more incidents like these in the coming weeks.

*Satellite uplink disconnected, Ending transmission*
    Something i wrote
    My agent Guide...take a peek if you need assistance

Evilsneak. 209/13 shade clan
    Ilyanius 151/2 adv ex omni now clan

RETIRED
    Currently on a small vacation on the fields of Kalimdor
    best of luck to you in game or RL life

Quote Originally Posted by Vrajitor
    *Satellite uplink connected, stand by for transmission.... loading....transmission started*

I dont know much about the conflict, but if i had this kind of incident in my backyard i' would really do some deep investigations... i mean a few dead people here a few dead people there, also that bomb placed in Omni 1 a few weeks ago, to many coincidences isnt it?
    As a clanner i am always happy at each Omni-Tek Employee that dies, heck 1 more dead = 1 more less to deal with, and if they kill eachother , even more better.
    i will wait for the events to unfold but i think there will be more and more incidents like these in the coming weeks.

I feel the same way you do, except the other way around
    Remember Clammies,

OMNI-TEK IS YOUR FRIEND

Quote Originally Posted by Vrajitor

Even though Omni Tek does not show signs of investigations it has always been the corporations policy to keep affairs as such close to theyre own hearts. The network in witch Omni Tek investigates is, as all know, vast and I am sure it is used fully when matters as these needs resolvment.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

I'd have to agree with Naefen. Over there years a number of subversive Omni organisations have risen to challenge the rule of law and murder Omni-Pol officers, like The Sinister Anarchists, The Black Hand and Chimera. Where are they now?

It may not have been very public but all these rogues have been dealt with, in time.

Savoy

not all of us have been delt with.....just regrouping after aquiring new asset's>
    (drgrimmy ex-advisor chimera)

ooc/ just took a long break from rp fourms might come back trying to get ahold of the others if there still in game.....rl put a hold on the cause>
    Last edited by drgrimmy; Apr 28th, 2005 at 23:49:28.
    drgrimmy 220/30 solitus doc(The Noid)

(insert witty comment here)

Has anyone uncovered any new information that could explain the motives behind this incident. I have seen a bit of theory and a lot of "we're better than you" and "you did it to" talk but very little talk about the subject at hand, except as "evidence" how the clans are better or as a "comparison" to show how they are the same or worse.

We are all the same, only the causes we support are different.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

The following quote, taken from today's Clan press, is for the attenention of all those Clanner who found the attack on Omni Pol attacked by fellow Omni so amusing. I guess Clan and Omni grow more alike each day.

Savoy

Hello friends of the Council

It is certainly a very fustrating day for my and my staff. There we were, just taking a stroll around the good city of Old Athen, trying to make some of our plans for the new development of the city, when I was attacked, not by one...not two...by four Clan affiliated people.

I was able to escape without serious injury, but when I sent a security team out to try and find the attackers, I learn they were met with even more bloodshed. This time not by just four Clan affiliated people, but by several.

They even informed me that a small alien attack took place at the time, to which the citizens in the city continued to attack the Vanguard team, rather than try to protect the city and its people from the invasion

On debriefing many of my security believe it is in our best interests to remove our affiliation from the Council Of truth. There is a part of me, after this situation that feels exactly the same way. However, There is also a part of me that says "hey Jacobi....come on, it was just a small band of punks, tryin to be cooler than they really are, who have no clue what the real world is like"

The irony to it all is, they probably purchased some of thier gear, or weapons, or at least the Ammo from one of my shops. But I get sidetracked now. What I really mean to say is this. I know these people do not speak for all clans, but if we can not walk safely in our own cities, then has the council failed? Has the dream of our better world, our freedom, died along with all of our trips to reclaim?

This is what I have to ask myself. This is what I am faced with when I make a choice to stay or leave the Council of Truth. Of course I do not want to step away from it. Of course I want to stand proudly and support it. But as much as I feel I am just a merchant...just a business man....I have to ask these questions:

What have we done? What can we do? How are we going to do it?

This is something I would like to discuss at our meeting this saturday. This is what I need to discuss to make a choice for the Vanguard.

And of course I am more than happy to talk a little bit about the restoration of Old Athen.

Thank you friends and Good day

Alan Jacobi
    Leader of Clan Vanguards

At the risk of pulling this thread off topic once more..

I am proud to call myself clan and I agree that we as clan have alot to work on. Especially security issues.

My initial response to Omni citizens attacking Omni security forces was definately out of place. I took advantage of a tradegy to make a heartfelt point regarding Clan politics. My response was meant in a cheeky humorous manner to point out that we (Clan) also have militants that SOME of us would like to ship off to be someone elses problem. I unfortunatly pulled in a response that pulled this thread off topic.

The fact is, that both Omni and Clan each have various problems to which security within our own cities is only 1 we share. It is always a blackmark on a society (Clan OR Omni) when its peaple attack, injure, and kill its own peace keeping forces. Especially when these attacks have no obvious reasons or credance.

So, in closing I appologize to Omni-Pol for making lite of their unfortunate circumstances. I feel outraged at my fellow clan members for attacking Vanguard members. And agree with Miss Savoys intension to show that Clan also has internal security issues.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123