Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Unsuspend Fryli - Now!

Originally posted by Etechie

Fact 1: Did Funcom do a good job informing players about the change ? I couldnt find anything about Pillow Nerf nor Dual wielding pillow issue in patch msg. It was posted in a lil thread in forum, and you expect ppl to read EVERY single thread in forum ?

Fact 2: Ive found this gun, +30 MC +30 TS and +30 something else. IF a wise NT knew dual wielding pillows were going to be disallowed, obviously he/she would have chosen the gun ! Gun does WAY MORE damage and gives more MC bonus than your suggested pillow + a 1hb wep and IP-wise the gun comes in cheaper cost too.
    In addition wheres the IP reallocation as Gauter promised LONG TIME BEFORE they nerfed this pillow ?

Players are angry because they feel cheated by all these empty funcom promises !

Im late, gonna rush to work now.........
    1: No, they did not do a good job informing us about this, but in all fairness it was stated in the major news article which is displayed in everyone's start up window that pops up when logging in. As I agree, it could have been pointed out more directly in the patch message and they could have recoded the old pillows. FC has appoligized for this and they will try to recode existing items if changed in future patch. So you can claim victory on that point

2: I do sincerely hope that new items with different statboosts will keep coming into this game, and that every time a new item come ingame we will not have a massive attack from a few players complaining about how they have to reroll because they have used IP in other skills. What will we find in Island of Jobe ? Shall there be nothing new to discover ? As in RL we will not always know what happens next, so if some mad nanonutter sitting alone in his cave somewhere hidden on that Island has a nanoskill boosting wig requiring 850 in hairdressingskill to wear, well, then that is life. Lvl up and put IP into hairdressing or continue wearing helm, that is for you to decide.

Can someone lvl175+ tell us if they still use all their IP everytime they lvl, or if they have enough to 'save' up some in case of nice items with other skill req's should be added ? I don't know, and it will be waste of time to discuss IP relocation if we'll get plenty of it at high lvls. Someone suggested you should be allowed to relocate a limited amount of IP per lvl, I think that should be considered by FC, what about making same amount IP you get per lvl relocatable too ? ie lvl 2-14 you will get 4000, and you can also relocate 4000, at lvl 15-49 you would get 10 k and relocate up to 10k, and so on... That should be ok I think and also make FC able to add/remove/boost/nerf items etc without getting spamned with "I quit" posts, maybe...

Ok, I am trying do discuss this issue here, if you would too without naming/flaming/abusing, and comment/add your ideas to what would actually improve your time in AO, then maybe we actually would ACHIEVE something. To point at a problem without contributing towards possible solutions is not very constructive, and will seldom result in something you would like so see happen - because no one ever knew that was what you wanted.

A little advise: To hide your excellent points and ideas behind a firewall of foul language, namecalling and abusive writing is not very smart. IRL you stopped believing that would get you anywhere at the age of 6.
    NT = Nerfed Technician

My doctor told me I am paranoid, so I shot him.

Obviously he was an alien agent sent here to kill me...and he did not come alone!

2: I do sincerely hope that new items with different statboosts will keep coming into this game, and that every time a new item come ingame we will not have a massive attack from a few players complaining about how they have to reroll because they have used IP in other skills. What will we find in Island of Jobe ? Shall there be nothing new to discover ?

Well - i would move into the skills to use that gun. My problem is only that i don't know if it is considered as an exploit in 2 month. And even when i use this gun now and it will be an exploit i will hear the same answers like now regarding the pillow-issue. "You have to take care about the newcomers."

Itburnz

Itburnz :

Well - i would move into the skills to use that gun. My problem is only that i don't know if it is considered as an exploit in 2 month.

Get over it, the pillow is gone. Everything in AO is evolving and we shold be happy 'cause we will not be playing the same game over and over and over...there are few 'static' pc-games that you would play as much and so often as a MMORPG, and AO is the best. So it is evolving as we play, because we players make it change. Some times the changes will not affect you or me, sometimes I will be pissed while you laugh and sometimes vice versa.

I do however feel the idea someone brought about a limited IP relocation when levelling would make this a lot easier on us, the players, and FC, because these changes would not be felt so devastating if you knew you could get all or most IP back over time.

But what to do when you are lvl 200 ? Introduce limited IP relocation items with a lvl190+ requirement ?

Just a suggestion

Nanogater
    NT = Nerfed Technician

My doctor told me I am paranoid, so I shot him.

Obviously he was an alien agent sent here to kill me...and he did not come alone!

Angry i agree with itburnz

i think all this changing stuff around liek dual wields then pillows especially.. i dunped un countable ip into pillows now they taken away dual wield on them and the mc modifier has been lowered, and no conpensation for are tiem and trouble?

FC didn't enoug people quit already?

give the ppl what they want? = more ppl play = cash flow? lol who cares what the game is supposed to be make the game what the ppl want it to be. Who are the buisness men?

I liked nukin threw walls, and nukin form 100m, and nukin reets, and hittin for full dmg in pvp and and... lol =x

well what i' originally wanted to say was please compensate us for our IP wasted it could have went into evades or body dev or something... also with duela wield trhat i have and ranged energy... its ip that was watsed by your "f ups" and no compensation. Please do soemthing...

Re: i agree with itburnz

Originally posted by Oxo

I liked nukin threw walls, and nukin form 100m, and nukin reets, and hittin for full dmg in pvp and and... lol =x

... slowly ... now, put away ... the medication

Any explot, as seen by Funcom (our view of it is subjective since we will lose something and therefore is not to be trusted. hey nobody likes to lose something) should be stoped. Period!

The game need balancing so bad that we have to accept that we will lose something at times when thay tries to fix what should have been fixed before the game was released.
    But what they need to do is compensate for any change they do. As it is now we reroll evrey once in a while, since the character we didi nolonger worked under the latest nerf. And in the long run that and broken missions will make Funcom lose a lot of customers.

Cool

This is a quote from the Star Wars Galaxies website:

===========================================
    Changing Skills
    Once you decide to learn a skill, you are not "stuck" with that skill for the rest of your character's life. On the contrary, you may give up skills you no longer want in order to free up skill points, which can then be spent on new and different skills. For example, if you find that you do not enjoy being a mechanic and would rather try your hand at galactic politics, you may "sell back" your mechanical skills and begin reassigning the freed up skill points to political skills. You will still need to satisfy any prerequisites the new skills require, but no skill points are lost in the reallocation.
    ===========================================

Why can't Funcom adopt a policy like this? Does the game not have enough variety to support this? Would we all end up as a bunch of homgenous professions with no variety? Would more content and specialized abilities need to be added to make something like this work?

At the very least, it would solve the problems we make as nubies and help us be happier in the game.
    O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

Exclamation

Hey FC give him a second chance!
    Me as a player also already gave you more than one Chance to accomplish something!
    And you did. These ppl support your project "Anarchy Online" by paying you good money. They support a dream you are just working to get it real. They put efford in giving you idea for future changes so that u can get the best out of your game.
    So dont suspend ppl for an action (not unwearing a pillow) which is totally understandable:
    U changed game mechanics and expect ppl to take it without gettin chance to undo choices they made due to your faults in game balancing...
    Thats not very fair.

My 2 cents
    Shinji

Obitus, UO has been doing that for 5 years. You're not stuck with any skills there either.

Food for thought Funcom.

Should the person have removed the pillow? Yes. It's Funcom's game and we're just paying for the priviledge to utilize their servers and service. They also reserve the right to terminate anyone from their service.

~Zeroframerate

ROFL we are just paying for the privilege to utilize their servers and service!

we pay them for entertainment, if noone subscribed to them, they would shrivel up and die. Understand? we pay them to entertain us, we pay them with money we had to work for. Without our support there is no Funcom, they invested a lot of money into founding their company and building this game, but if they don't have enough customers to make good their investment they will go belly-up.

Y'know those huge >>successful<< chain-stores? they have a saying
    ... "The customer is always right"

Originally posted by Barakon
    we pay them for entertainment, if noone subscribed to them, they would shrivel up and die. Understand? we pay them to entertain us, we pay them with money we had to work for. Without our support there is no Funcom, they invested a lot of money into founding their company and building this game, but if they don't have enough customers to make good their investment they will go belly-up.

Y'know those huge >>successful<< chain-stores? they have a saying
    ... "The customer is always right"
    Get used to disappointment, because that's not how the actual business world works.

It's like paying to play UO and then complaining to the developers "Hey! Make this more like EQ!" Do you honestly think the developers for UO are going to change their game? Of course not. You're paying to play UO. If you wanted to play a different game, then stop playing UO and play a different game.

The above is an exaggeration, but it demonstrates the point I think. This is Funcom's game and they get to decide what they want with it. Sure they can listen to alternatives, but in the end it's them that makes the decisions, not the customers.

If you feel Funcom's making a wrong decision and they're not listening to you since you are the customer, then why are you still paying them to play a game you're dissatisfied with?

If all the ppl have your view you would prolly play alone, zero.

Itburnz

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234