Thread: Mission Rewards

Lightbulb Mission Rewards

Well, MORB's thread is getting rather long...

Rather than specify up front what item you'll get, why doesn't a special trade window open on completion of a mission. This would be populated with a random selection of reward items (maybe 6-12 in total) from which you could pick exactly one. Maybe a selector could be added to the mission window that allowed you to 'skew' the type of item generated, so you could say 'I am looking for melee weapons' or 'I am looking for armour' and there would be a number of the possible rewards of that type (say about 1/3 to 1/2 of them).

For team missions, everyone on a team would get such a trade window with their own selection, but in team missions, there should be no way to 'skew' the results, since there will be many more items to choose from in effect.

Or the window could be empty to begin with, and have the selector built-in to it, and once a category was selected and a button pushed, the contents would be generated and the selector and button disabled. Then the same mechanism could be used for both solo and team missions.

Thumbs up

This doesn't sound like a bad idea. But I would be happy if the mission rewards would at least had something to do with your profession. I mean really, what does a Soldier need a No-Drop MA move for?

Arrow

well, that was in part my reason for the selection thing. Of course, FC could create a set of loot tables for every profession and skew them towards stuff that profession might want... but I doubt it, they want to encourage you to trade stuff, to actually talk to other players.

Guilds are good for this if well run, and may offer loan services and trade-ins on items.

For more casual players, a better player-to-player trade system would help a lot.

I like this idea.

Maybe grant the mission owner(s) with 1 mission reward token for completing and one for completing it "well". Then add the ability to "skew" the reward type and poof. A new mission reward system is born

Sweet idea.

wow

I really like this idea. It's a nice compromise between complete random garbage, and mission-shopping.

The skewing bit would be important to me, though. While I may not get to pick *which* MP nano I get, I'd sure like *a* MP nano.

My personal opinion is that I wish they'd just incorporate Clicksaver into the game. But this is the best alternative I've seen.
    Rogoff AKA Mr. Brumble - 59 Omni Bureaucrat (RK2)
    Goodz 55 Fixer, (RK2)
    Goodzz 25 MP - Afrolicious, freaky and habit-forming

Mercinax: "/me casts afro containment field on Goodzz"

It will probably never happen.

Imagine this scenario. They implement CS in AO. They turn off, or turn down, the price for re-rolls. Since it's now a part of AO, you should be able to use it cheaper, right?
    They let you enter a list of items to roll for.

I want a Yalmaha, (I really do.)
    I enter a list with one item. Yalmaha. Or, if it forces me to give a list of at least ten items, I build a list of which Yalmaha is the cheapest and most likely, (planning to sell any of the others, for a Yalmaha.)

Twala, I get a sharply discounted Yalmaha.

If you can be too specific, as you can with CS, you greatly diminish the limitations of currency. CS doesn't because each re-roll costs as much as the first, but if FC incorporated it into AO, the community would be clamoring for lower prices on re-rolls, or rather reward restriction instead of reward veto.

BTW, I suggested a similar idea to the root of this thread in the parent thread. three items to choose from at the end of the mission. Even then it was probably not an original idea. I wouldn't be suprized if someone dusted off an archive from a year ago with the same basic concept.
    Last edited by Sean Roach; Jul 15th, 2002 at 22:24:18.

Imagine this scenario. They implement CS in AO. They turn off, or turn down, the price for re-rolls.
    Yes, in the unlikely event that FC added CS, removing the cost of mission rolls would be a really, really bad thing to do.

Nor did I mean to hijack Darkbane's thread . I think his alternative is original, and worthy of consideration.
    Rogoff AKA Mr. Brumble - 59 Omni Bureaucrat (RK2)
    Goodz 55 Fixer, (RK2)
    Goodzz 25 MP - Afrolicious, freaky and habit-forming

Mercinax: "/me casts afro containment field on Goodzz"

Arrow

I'd almost prefer it if re-rolls cost more each time, maybe adding 20% for each re-roll within 1 minute of the last. Some re-rolling is to be expected, you often look for a mission in certain places, and this is even more critical in team missions.

However, if the reward was not fully known up-front, this wouldn't be needed, or could be much smaller.

Agreed Darkbane.

I kind of liked my "reward item token" idea myself

OK, here's my thought. Funcom seems not to like clicksaver, and lots of people don't like how all new good stuff is boss loot only. So, somewhat in line with the earlier suggestion, make it an option on missions to get a random item determined at the end rather than an item specified at the start. Why would anyone use such an option, you ask? Well, if the mission was a complete success (token awarded), the item would be generated from the boss loot tables rather than the normal item reward tables. That would be a way for people who hate dealing with team missions to get access to a tiny bit of boss loot, without flooding Rubi-ka with the stuff, and it would also mean at least some small reduction in clicksaver use, as some people would use this option instead.

*bumb*

you had exactly the same idea i had hehe see clicksaver/mission term thread.