Thread: Dust Brigade Resurfacing!

Dust Brigade Resurfacing!

In the interest of saving some lives I'm going to make some information public, since I dont see any posts on it anywhere else. I did hear that this was partly on Channel42(tm).

Quote Originally Posted by Astera
    Delvinto: This is just a warning.
    Rogary: A shame this all have to end soon
    Delvinto: Soon, you'll find your end is near

That is the only message I saw in the entire log of the time they were there.

[Edit]: more words from the DB later on that evening.

[Channel42] Delvinto: Ashes to ashes...we are watching...we are waiting.
    [Channel42] Astera: don't have to watch for me, Delvinto. I'll be seeing you soon enough.
    [Channel42] Delvinto: Only in death, opifex
    [Channel42] Astera: I wouldn't have it any other way.
    [Channel42] Delvinto: Unfortunately for you...it'll be your death. Dust to dust.
    [Channel42] Astera: we will see.
    [Channel42] Delvinto: Clanners can't do what we, the Dust Brigade do.
    [Channel42] Delvinto: So justice has come to Rome today.
    [Channel42] Delvinto: See you wednesday, sheep
    [Channel42] Delvinto: We are watching
    [Channel42] Delvinto: Ashes to ashes

I overheard ((on channel42)) one of them say that the Dust Brigade does what the Clans cannot. Justice has come to Rome. (or something along those lines)
    It seems the Dust Brigade has resurfaced and is making more threats of violence. No one is sure what prompted this response.

In the past it has been stated that the Dust Brigade's main base of operations is somewhere in the Outzone. Recent encounters with the Aliens, or even the Unicorn Brigade as they have been patrolling the Outzone may have started the Dust Brigade's resurgence. Thats just my personal speculation.

However, as a service to all people on Rubi-Ka. Be careful on Wednesday, I'd stay away from highly populated areas. The Dusters may be trying to create a new "Ash Wednesday".

If anyone else has any further information it would be very appreciated if you shared it. It may be used to stop this impending attack and save some lives.
    Last edited by Fixerben; Mar 27th, 2005 at 00:34:48.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

I saw them myself a couple of days ago in old athens. They were trying to send out a message, but they got pestered away by several clanners. One of their new recruits got killed as he tried to attack a clanner.

As for wednesday. I'd say stick around Athens and Tir. Be watchfull and stay away from big crowds, but do spread and stay in the cities to offer your strength against these scum! May god be with you fellow clanners. I will be there by your side as will other fearsome clanners.
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

They attacked Tir yesterday. It happened just when Council of Truth meeting was finishing. Alert came from Commander Silverstone. Was a full scale AS war.

/me bites tounge to prevent futher comments.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Why is it that I am always missing all the fun?

Friday night they showed up at Reets and started trouble during Nexeus show. I am told one person was killed during and altercation.

damn, im pissed i didnt go, and I was going to. I have quite a bit to say to them.
    Like a stealth ninja polarbear, I slip silently into the night.

They also called me fat , It made schuy cry it was not nice at all and they call me fat again

Schuyler, I'm not a member of the dust brigade and while it is true I called you fat, I thought it was just common knowledge. My bad, sorry

For those interested and who may have missed the incidents, I have a small article (with holograph) over at the Cerberus gridsite: Dust Brigade muscle in on Reets.
    Flameforge - enforcer of Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Schuyler
    They also called me fat , It made schuy cry it was not nice at all and they call me fat again
    Hmm..I didn't realize Katieblu was part of The Dust Brigade, because she calls you fat all the time. :P
    Get your Beefjerky here! Yum Yum

Gimme some lub at Society Of Sound:

Tune in and visit Society Of Sound

"out of character"

Ok i give how the hades can npc's shoot players in 100%. Yet can't be attacked themselves.
    Don't worry , you're a clanner, those fealings of inadequacy are perfectley normal. They will pass with your death.

It is only our insecurity that makes us competitive and we search for security in other peoples recognition. We will not stop being who we really are, just because we are "better" then others.

Why do you think so many Fish & Game officers and park rangers are wearing cammies and toting m-16's? It ain't cause bambi's gone gorilla.(quote given in referance to current state of poaching in the US)

Quote Originally Posted by chrish
    "out of character"

Ok i give how the hades can npc's shoot players in 100%. Yet can't be attacked themselves.
    ooc: Its secret GM magic! Dont ask!

As for an IC explanation, I'd say that the Dusters have equipment that removes the effects of the Supression gas on themselves, and since we dont have that technology we cant attack them back.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

OOC:

The events team does not go out of our way to attack people in 100% zones, in fact we try to avoid it as much as possible. Our theory is probably the same as yours. 100% means I am safe.

However, in the case of the Dust Brigade in this event, the situation invloved constant provoking of the Dust brigade characters, with someone using emotes in a, how should we say, innappropriate way, and in order for them to act in character, they killed him.

Again, when you enter a 100% zone we agree that you should feel safe there, which is also the appeal of the Dust brigade going into an area like this. It makes you feel unsafe in a safe environment, which is exactly what a terrorist wants to do. It is through fear that they win. However, we do not enter 100% zones with the intent to do any killing, but will respond in character and react.

If you make an effort to be noticed by the storytellers in our events, we will assume you want to be involved, and will react accordingly. if you do not want to be involved in the events, the best thing I can suggest is to let the event continue for those who do want to be involved, and not interfere with it.

Cheers

Social
    Former Director
    ARK-Events Team
    Advisor of Rubi-ka

Please send your feedback to events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com

The Starters Guide to the storyline

Thank you Anarchy-Online players for making my time as an ARK-Events Team member, a memory I will cherish.

bah, Personally, It would be alot cooler to be to put up some defense

Great to see the dust brigade back in action...probably pissed over people farming there generals for 3 yr's.....and about peple being shot...they were asking for it..."what are ya gonna do dust boy...shoot me?/flip"...BANG...."WTF?"funniest thing i ever saw>

will players be able to drive this story line through rp or is it a set path you guys' have in mind?
    drgrimmy 220/30 solitus doc(The Noid)

(insert witty comment here)

will players be able to drive this story line through rp or is it a set path you guys' have in mind?
    Both. While we don't go into any storyline without looking at the different angles and options of how it could go, the player interaction does influence the outcome quite a bit. And contrary to what may have been said in the past, it has always been that way (since I joined the events team in 2002 anyway).

There will always be a mix of what we have planned and what you the players influence. This has become more aparent with the Council Of Truth events in the past year, and we hope will continue with the Omni meetings which will begin soon. Your involvement is why we do what we do =)

*ends OOC conversation and returns the thread to the in character conversation*
    Former Director
    ARK-Events Team
    Advisor of Rubi-ka

Please send your feedback to events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com

The Starters Guide to the storyline

Thank you Anarchy-Online players for making my time as an ARK-Events Team member, a memory I will cherish.

Don't worry man...you're not fat Shuy, they're just skinny. Y'knowamean?
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"