Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Community answers - part 4

Angry Mission size...

Hmm. loot messages, yes, can we have an on/off switch for vicinity looting messages? Maybe even a chat command.

Now, can you tell whoever is responsible for the mission generator... NO MISSIONS WITH MORE THAN 60-70 MOBS! having just taken 4-5 hours to do *half* of a team mission that must have had 150 or so mobs (less than 1% per mob anyway...) Sure, the xp was great (made 2 levels about), but the time was just silly... No mission should be bigger than 60-70 mobs, maybe 75 tops... We do have lives you know... (well, maybe we don't... heh ).

"Plastic surgery (...to allow people to change face on their character).

Submitted as a suggestion for the development team, though I'm not sure how much of a priority it would be. Might be a nice money sink though."

Just a little post here to just make people aware of the fact that us Agents already have the ability to do this with our Face Graft and Advanced Face Graft nano-crystals.

Now I don't want to go off on a big rant about this, but lately us Agents have had a lot of new items and nano-crystals made not useable while within False Profession because the professions who they belong to have complained (probably rightly so) that it makes them lose their uniqueness.

Well as far as I can see, this is exactly the same. By making this widely available we lose another one of our unique abilities (and they are very few these days). I'd just like to request that if this does take place, please give us Agents a nice replacement like a Face, Body or Breed Graft (Temporary and visual only) nano-crystal so we can preserve a part of our uniqueness
    Solarith- Level 220 Solitus Keeper - Defender Rank: Backer (20)
    Solarax - Level 189 Solitus Agent - Defender Rank: None (0)
    Solarize - Level 30 Solitus Doctor - Defender Rank: None (0)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Advisor Of Forsaken
    Former Editor-In-Chief
    AO Basher - all you needed...
    E-Mail : SolaraxGVRK@hotmail.com

Originally posted by AstroCreep2k
    I've got an issue for you. Why do treatment labs and nano kits of the same ql not stack?? This gets really annoying being stuck using ql125's because you don't want to use 20 inventory slots to save higher labs. I honestly don't see why they aren't sold to ql200 in shops. Is there a logical purpose behind that aside from making this game just that more annoying.
    As an NT I go through treatment / nano kits like there's no tomorrow. Being limited to QL125 because I can't stack them is highly annoying. Btw, I go through 500+ nano kits a week. Trying to use a stack of 50 is a sure way to ensure that I'm without nano / treatment kits on my toolbar at a critical time; it's not an option.

As AstroCreep2k says, preferably allow us to buy these all the way up to QL200. If that won't be done, at least fix the friggin' stacking on it so that I can optionally go with a higher QL.

Final note: Sure, I'd love to use doc's treatment / nano kits. Who's brilliant idea was it to (a) make them blind, and (b) double the recharge? They're essentially useless and cannot serve as a replacement for normal treatment kits.

Thumbs down a slap in the face

Cz wrote:
    Some players are missing Sparta and the other areas not found on the current map, but being on the original map of Rubi-Ka. Unfortunately, none of these are scheduled for release in any near future, with the exception of... Jobe (Shadowlands Expansion).
    How are we now to believe Jobe actually will appear in Shadowlands?

A year has passed, and nearly half the world is still unimplemented. This is not a trivial thing. We're talking about major historical landmarks and the seat of some of the Clans. The road to Broken Shores, the exits west out of Rome, the Cathedral to which Cathedral Approach supposedly leads. The Longest Road... to where?

It has always bugged me that these playfields were missing, but this really rubs me the wrong way.

For most of that year it seemed justifiable to me that these areas would be put at a low priority. You have a nicely designed world that becomes more thinly populated each day, and it's got places for us to live, do business, and hunt. It has places to see. Sure, keep it on the back burner while so much else is wrong or amiss.

But understand that the reason many of us chose AO over other games was its setting. Regardless the length of the delay or the price of the upgrade, it infuriates me that you are adding all these shadow areas INSTEAD of the places you long ago claimed would be in AO proper.

You may say "before", but after this I will say "instead" until I have seen otherwise.

You have a wonderful concept and marvelous execution of SOME of that concept - and instead of completing what was originally planned you've launched off on this totally alien tangent, providing a bunch of bizarre content based around Mr. Godager's overenthusiastic fingerpainting.

What do you make of all the excitement?

Originally posted by Solarax
    "Plastic surgery (...to allow people to change face on their character).

Submitted as a suggestion for the development team, though I'm not sure how much of a priority it would be. Might be a nice money sink though."

Just a little post here to just make people aware of the fact that us Agents already have the ability to do this with our Face Graft and Advanced Face Graft nano-crystals.

Now I don't want to go off on a big rant about this, but lately us Agents have had a lot of new items and nano-crystals made not useable while within False Profession because the professions who they belong to have complained (probably rightly so) that it makes them lose their uniqueness.

Well as far as I can see, this is exactly the same. By making this widely available we lose another one of our unique abilities (and they are very few these days). I'd just like to request that if this does take place, please give us Agents a nice replacement like a Face, Body or Breed Graft (Temporary and visual only) nano-crystal so we can preserve a part of our uniqueness
    Why not make the agents Face Graft NF to not be self only. You aren't removing a uniquenes to agents, and you are putting in the face changes. If you want to go whole hog, you could give the doctors a NFs that changed your height and weight. Named Liposuction/Fat Injections and Bone Shortening/Lengthening. Real doctors today even do most of those things, even bone lengthening on midgets. And since you have gone that far. Give doctors a sex change NF. Give Bureacrats a name change NF, either just changing the nick or first/last name, or both.

Martin

PS. What would truly be evil is to make a sex change NF that didn't require the consent of the recipient and is permenant. MAHAHAA

yay plastic surgery!

*does happy dance* Yay!

Well... even though making Face Graft useble is an easy way to give the population a way to change their looks, but I do believe Doctors should be the ones adminstering the change.

Reasons: Playing a doctor is expensive as the Nano Kit expenditure can be overwhelming if the doctors do not regularly do missions for cash. Giving them a plastic surgery option, extra money can be made (however many doctors are depending on the Iron Circle/ +80 Treatment and seem to be doing quite well).

Fixer would be a good choice to carryout the plastic surgery too... call it Kitchen Sink Surgery (sounds painful..)

Originally posted by Solarax
    But don't forget, lately you got new "false profession" items as well, you are allowed to wear MA suit and Padded Love parts, which both have very good stats.

I'd just like to request that if this does take place, please give us Agents a nice replacement like a Face, Body or Breed Graft (Temporary and visual only) nano-crystal so we can preserve a part of our uniqueness
    That would be a nice ability
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

xp sharing on picked locks...

xp sharing on picked locks?

Where'd that come from? This seems likea really bad idea to me. Why get xp for doing nothing? You share xp from mobs because everybbody does there part to help win the battle.

The B&E professionals should get there due. Give them there xp.
    Now what they loot should be shared, but that's a completely separate issue.

K

Face graft is an agent ability and as to stick as an agent ability

give them a face graft (other) or sthg so but it has to be and stick an agent ability
    Killdarules / Bellgarath setup (dreamsetup (lol))

Band of Brothers

Achiever 73%
    Socializer 46%
    Killer 40%
    Explorer 40%

Hey agents got for free what other professions have to pay millions for... not good enough for you ?

There's a brilliant Idea... "Gee... this is cool, I don't waste any IP but I get to suck XP from someone who raised their B&E picking locks and chests."

Hey agents got for free what other professions have to pay millions for... not good enough for you ?

hmm give me an example

anyway money has never been a problem, i prefer to spend 10 mils rather then 10k ip ...
    Killdarules / Bellgarath setup (dreamsetup (lol))

Band of Brothers

Achiever 73%
    Socializer 46%
    Killer 40%
    Explorer 40%

As a Doctor... I would rather see this plastic surgery stuff done through items than through nanospells.

My idea is this - first you use a 'plastic surgery prep device' on the target. This item would use up nanopool (like MA attacks do) and the target would have to consent to the change with a "click-box" or something. That first item would deduct credits from the target after they click YES, and then "enable" plastic surgery mode, like a clinic enables implant swapping.

Then there are X number of tools (4 minimum) the Doctor can use on the patient to cycle through their face, height, weight, and gender while plastic surgery mode is active. Two tools for face would be best, one to go forward, one to go backward through the 'face order' since there are so many faces. Give surgery mode a timer of "30 minutes or until zoning" and have it lock the target's Treatment skill for 30 minutes and the Doctor's for 10. Voila

Since the money for surgery is deducted by the machine, it leaves the game entirely (ie, is a money sink) and since it requires you to find a Doctor to do it, it inspires social interaction. And since it's done through items, it can provide something for Engineers to build. To make it more of a money sink, have it be built from items that are only buyable in shops and have high level people require higher QL (and more expensive) tools. Wow, look at all the birds you can kill with one stone here...
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

There's a brilliant Idea... "Gee... this is cool, I don't waste any IP but I get to suck XP from someone who raised their B&E picking locks and chests." Who left the crack pipe on the designer desk again?
    For the most (note most) part those that bother with B&E do so out of pure greed. How often do you hear "empty chest". I've been soloing team missions and have discovered empty chests maybe 1 out of 10 times. Yes the xp should be shared. You are NOT on the TEAM to be a loner! If you want the xp from chests yourself go solo a mission!

On another note what happened to all this glorious FC interaction here. I haven't seen FC reply to the problem with same ql treatment and nano labs not stacking yet. Like I said my expectations aren't that high of them.

Re: xp sharing on picked locks...

Originally posted by Kajpin

Where'd that come from? This seems likea really bad idea to me. Why get xp for doing nothing? You share xp from mobs because everybbody does there part to help win the battle.
    Following that logic, the amount of xp you get from a mob should be decided based on how much you hurt the mob as well But it isn't - you can be in the team and sit in the entrance-room the entire mission and you still get the same xp as the ones doing the actual job. Why should the person who spent ip's on B&E get more xp than the guy who spent them on Assault Rifle instead? It's a team, meaning team-work, meaning everyone does something, and everything is shared equally at the end of the day. That's atleast how I feel about it, though I know many others don't.

Personally I'd like to see an option just like the loot-modes when it comes to sharing xp from picking locks, like...

/team xp share
    /team xp noshare

...or something similar. That way, those who agree with me and feels a team effort should benefit the whole team can make it so, while those who wants to keep the xp from picking the locks to themselves can have it their way as well
    Archelan, Ancarim Iron Legion

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

Re: xp sharing on picked locks...

Originally posted by Kajpin

The B&E professionals should get there due. Give them there xp.
    Now what they loot should be shared, but that's a completely separate issue.

K
    Hmph. Many fixers I team with dont' fight much, they just open chests for us. There is little risk for a fixer doing damage compared to a front line tank or Dr....they get full exp from the kill, so we should get full exp from the chest disarm.

There was old documentation about a "/pet cycle" command...

that supposedly cycled through your pets.

Why not just implement that? Then we can use it in scripts and just make a macro for it. No need to use the F7 key.

Hmmm?

Arrow

Originally posted by AstroCreep2k
    On another note what happened to all this glorious FC interaction here. I haven't seen FC reply to the problem with same ql treatment and nano labs not stacking yet. Like I said my expectations aren't that high of them.
    Hmm, if you had actually read the previous posts by Cz, you will have noted that he is on holiday, and won't be as active until he gets back...

Yes, I'd quite like an answer to this too... when you get back Cz, put it on the list...

Oh, and to the person who said that the reason you share MOB xp in a team is because you all have a hand in killing it... well, not exactly true, you can be the other side of the mission and still get the xp... so that isn't the reason as such.

I'm not sure why some people have such a problem with sharing xp for opening doors and chests in a team. It is a team after all... maybe they're secret ninja looters... Myself, I'm neutral on the idea by and large, though I do missions in teams for xp primarilly at the end of the day...

I've advocated long and hard for chests being:

- more difficult to open
    - provide more exp for successful cracking
    - that increased experience to be shared

It provides quite a few advantages:

- another reason to have a Fixer or Engy in the group
    - added incentive to increase the seldom used B&E skill
    - notification that 'someone' opened a chest

- a good all around feel that your team is working towards a common goal and getting common rewards for all the unique talents of the individual team members.

By all means, if you want all the experience and loot of cracking every single chest in a mission, then go ahead and roll a solo mission.

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    I've advocated long and hard for chests being:

- more difficult to open
    - provide more exp for successful cracking
    - that increased experience to be shared

It provides quite a few advantages:

- another reason to have a Fixer or Engy in the group
    - added incentive to increase the seldom used B&E skill
    - notification that 'someone' opened a chest
    Exactly....in addition, chests should be more dangerous. In groups I'm in we don't worry if it's trapped, either take piddling damage or get a XP ball. Even fixers and agents tend to ignore this skill, and why not? Traps are not even a nusiance; in the case of rats, they give add to the % chance of getting a token in the mission. The best way to do that is for traps to include things like:
    * More than just rollerrats. What about 3? Or 3 level-appropriate monsters?
    * HOSTILE NANOS. My favorite. AoE Dots. Ransacks. Incompetence. Roots. Even fixers and agents don't bother with trap disarm.
    * Destroy all pets with a certain radius.
    * SOMETIMES (not always, but sometimes), destroy the loot inside.
    * Sucessful opening/disarming adds to %complete of mission.

LostBoy
    jim

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast