Thread: Council of Truth rally was a great success!

Council of Truth rally was a great success!

Saturday at the Happy Rebel many Clan Brothers and Sisters showed up for a good time. There were drinks and food for all, as well as many speakers voicing their support for the Council! The speeches started with a few words from Cathern "Vixentrox" Flowers. Her words for a changed future were truly inspiring:

Quote Originally Posted by Vixentrox
    I know some of you may be thinking, "What difference does it make if I attend meetings or not?" I know some of you probably think, "What can my little Clan do in the scope of things that will matter?" Perhaps for some of you its, "Why waste my time?" These are good questions and I'll answer each. To start with, the meetings are usually just once a month. They normally last between one to three hours. How many hours have you spent on the Brink in the past month? How many hours have you spent running missions for the Clans? How many hours have you spent dancing away in Reets? Is a few hours once a month really too much to ask when it comes to Clan unity? What can your little Clan do and what difference does it make? Your Clan may be small but when things come to a vote, all Clans are equal.

Your vote counts the SAME as any Legacy Clan like the Sentinels or Knights!!! You have the right to suggest topics for the Council meetings and every representative has a chance to speak on topics that the Council discusses.
    Adressing some important points here, that a lot of smaller Clans feel their voice will not mean anything. Its important for everyone to understand that we are all equal in the Council. That all our voices are heard.

The next speaker, Jianmei "Xiaojian" Poxiao, touched on the subject of Clan unity and how important it is, how it has helped us in the past. Some very important words:

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaojian
    Today we are free, but i don't need to tell you that there are those who would love to see that change. Philip Ross would love to see that change. "Omni-Tek protects"...Omni-Tek protects: its interests, those who do its bidding, its "assets". Everyone else, well... "Omni-Tek buys" or "Omni-Tek conquers"...Or tries. But they haven't bought us. They haven't conquered us! But oh they would love to. And the new threat - the Aliens - I don't think they are very interested in Clan freedom. They seem to be more interested in leaving as many dead people as possible in their wake. So who is interested in Clan freedom?

Xiaojian looks around.

We are. The Clans. The free Clans of Rubi-Ka - and right now, there is nothing and no one else we have but each other. My fellow free Clan people, I come to you today at a time of great need. unlike any before. We are beset on all sides by those who would see our freedom and even our lives taken from us. Make no mistake. The Aliens want you dead, and Omni-Tek wants you "employed." Omni Tek has more resources than we do; the aliens have better technology. So what stands against this? Why are we free and alive today?

Xiaojian pauses.

Because we have shown unity in defending each other. Because we have shown ourselves willing to come to each others' aid.
    Unity...A very important concept, like in any community of people, even compared to a family. Unity is important for the community to function together and to over come all hurdles.

Other notable persons that spoke at the gather included Taren "Astera" Gorslin, Rouel "Plutonium" Duke, Robin "Michaelangel" Hood, Keera "Allarra" Dyson, Evgenie "Malusz" Maluszkchy.

Finally the speeches were closed with a very befitting poem from Doctor "Filijokkus" Euthanasia.

Quote Originally Posted by Filijokkus
    I found a poem for this special occasion, it's called... "Unity in Diversity":

Can I be with you, my friend And will you be with me?
    Can we stand together in our diversity?
    If the lenses that you wear have a different tint I won't call you blind;
    I care. I love diversity.
    If you stumble as you walk I won't laugh at you,
    There's a hand for you to hold Just feel the unity.
    If you sing a different song I won't close my ears,
    In harmony we'll sing along,
    And love diversity.
    I will not judge you by your clothes,
    Or how you act and talk.
    The energy between us flows In heart-felt unity.
    We will join our beads as one Bright myriad-coloured necklace That shimmers in the effulgent sun Proud of its diversity.
    So can I be with you, my friend And will you be with me? Can we stand together In our diversity?

Filijokkus pauses.

Thank you for listening all.
    After that the speeches were concluded and a short Q&A session ensued. Tussa opened the floor to any questions. One important questions came out, which was the whole point of the Rally:

Candydude: I know we are in great numbers here today, and i dont want to sound rude, but I have friends in other units that I dont see here today. Maybe it is because they are still unaware of what this is about. We need to reach out and let these clanners know what is going on with COT, and get even greater numbers to attend.

Tussa: The Council is a living body sustained by the clans that are members. It is your council, all the clans. If you know anyone who would like to join the council, forward them to the gridsite or invite them to a meeting.
    It is the job of all the members of the Council to spread the word, and get their friends to join. It is a council made by the clans, of the clans, for the clans. Without your support the Council could not continue. Please feel free to contact the Council at our gridsite www.counciloftruth.org for more information, or attend our next meeting on the 26th of March at 6PM GMT!

The Council wishes to thank everyone that came out for their support, and to thank Society of Sound's DJ Otori for providing some after party music.
    Last edited by Fixerben; Apr 5th, 2005 at 16:10:45.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Unless it ended in a mass of dead clanners, I don't think I would call it a success.

Angry

Dont hate...

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

*grins* Good point Sundai.
    Saxon1's Equipment
    General Of Omni-Pol Tower Command.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Plato

Fixerben, thank you for the great post here. Leet looks forward to working with you and the other council members in the near future. Yes, the COT rally was a great success, as I spent the following 4 hours talking with many people who are interested in playing part.

- Plutonium
    President of Leet

* Reviews the feed from the meeting and makes notes to herself for future referance and ponders the solidaruty of the CoT*