Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prophet without Honour

Question Prophet without Honour

Has anyone read the novel based on AO: "Prophet Without Honour"?
    I'm reading it right now and want to know what you think of it.
    I've downloaded it and have printed the existing 9 chapters that has been released by FC.
    How many pages/chapters are there?

There are 18 chapters altogether, 331 pages in the hardcover. I'm currently on chapter 8. So far, I give a billion thumbs up.

I've heard people complain that it skips around too much, but I think that was done to keep the short-attention mentality that the book is really geared towards. I've been following it fine so far, just gotta pay attention to the dates at the top of each sub-chapter and compare them to earlier ones you've read.

The storyline is progressing awesomely, and I'm quite hooked into it. Very believable characters as well.

If only I had more time to read it.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Question

18 Chapters? How come I only see 9 online in .PDF format? Are the final 9 only available via hardcover purchase?

Thumbs up

I would have to agree. The history behind the game is very interesting. And, it all makes sence. The direction we are heading, it could very likely be our future. Not that I am saying that we will all die off and basically blow ourselves up but hey, it could happen!
    "The beliefs that mold great organizations frequently grow out of the character, the experience, and the convictions of a single person."
    --Thomas Watson Jr.

Join our unique political organization today!
    http://maskedcrusaders.cjb.net (RK1)

I read the first chapter, and I am pretty much in love already because of this guys writing ability. He knows how to keep you in the story.
    Reynaldo "Monilith" Griffel
    Omni-Tek
    RK1

So what does FunCom do? They let Gaute run the Story and make Ragnar write dialogue for NPC's. Something's not right there.

I just have a question, is it only possible to buy it via funcom? I couldnt find it anywhere else except direct from them, and i am really not in the mood to pay for shipping and handling. I rather got out and buy it on my own.
    Omni-Tek
    RK1

Exclamation

I don't think it is in bookstores. I have searched all the big name bookstores like Borders and Barnes and Noble before deciding to order from Funcom's online store, but have not found it.
    "The beliefs that mold great organizations frequently grow out of the character, the experience, and the convictions of a single person."
    --Thomas Watson Jr.

Join our unique political organization today!
    http://maskedcrusaders.cjb.net (RK1)

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    So what does FunCom do? They let Gaute run the Story and make Ragnar write dialogue for NPC's. Something's not right there.
    Hehe, try and talk to Harry about his Buisness, then you will get more info that dont match.

He claims that over half of his buisness was in Athen when it was taken over by the clans... over 200 years ago... or so

That makes Harry over 250 years old? something dont fit then

As for the AO story by Ragnar... i like it alot... even tho its strange at times
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

Question

Anyone know if the WHOLE book is available online in PDF? That is, are the 9 chapters I see online the entire book or am I going to be ticked when I get to the end and find out there's 9 more only available via hardcover?

Tarryk above said there were 18 chapters total.

Thanks -
    Welig

Question

Originally posted by Arila

Hehe, try and talk to Harry about his Buisness, then you will get more info that dont match.

He claims that over half of his buisness was in Athen when it was taken over by the clans... over 200 years ago... or so

That makes Harry over 250 years old? something dont fit then

As for the AO story by Ragnar... i like it alot... even tho its strange at times
    I have been trying to find Harry in Harry's for a while. Where is he at exactly? Is he roaming outside or in some indoor playfield?

Thanks-

There are 18 chapters. And yes, only the first 9 are available on the website. You must purchase the book to read the whole thing.

My recommendation: If you have no intention to buy the book, don't ask for it for free and make do with what you have (half of a book for free is a pretty good deal, in my opinion).

If, however, you're under personal debate over whether or not you want to buy it, allow me to attempt a little scale-tippage:

Give in and buy it. It's worth it. Beautiful-looking hardcover, too.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Harry is located in Harrys, near the bronto fences to the west
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

Thanks for the info Tarryk.

It's not the fact that I have to buy it that bothers me (I'm all for good author's getting their money). I just wish I would have known before I started so I could have been reading it all along in book format (and also not get half-way through and get an unexpected "Buy The Book For More!"). Nowhere on the site does it say that the PDFs are only the first half.

Regardless, the book is ordered and on the way. I'm looking forward to it!

Harry

maybe it's Harry's family business and he's talking about his great great great grandfather Harry - and the wounds still cut to the quick?

Crazynotion - Atrox Bureaucrat, RK1

Formerly posted as Mechanita

Nowhere on the site does it say that the PDFs are only the first half.
    I hadn't realized that. Yeah, I guess that's kinda silly of them not to make it clearer how much of the book is actually there.

Good deal that you ordered it. You obviously liked the first 9 chapters, so I highly doubt you'll be disappointed by the rest.

Why don't you just go buy the AO:Special Edition?It comes with the entire novel in pdf.

Im going to end up ordering the book online I guess. I just dont like paying for shipping and handleing and I hate waiting but oh well.
    Omni-Tek
    RK1

Originally posted by maxflier
    Why don't you just go buy the AO:Special Edition?It comes with the entire novel in pdf.
    Call me old fashioned, but the look and feel of a hard-bound book combined with the ease on the eyes beats a pdf file--printed or otherwise--ANY day.

I agree Tarryk,but the pdf version is alot easier to read at work without getting busted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast