Thread: Making trader solely to take advantage of shop bonus

Making trader solely to take advantage of shop bonus

If I were to make a trader to say lvl25 (which I believe is the lvl needed to access trader shops) Would I still get the 75% shop bonus regardless of the ql of the item being sold.

Eg - If I sold say a QL100 piece of armour which for arguments my Soldier could sell for 15k at the shop, would I still get the 75% increase by transfering it to a lvl25 trader and selling it in Trader shop ?

Yeah, but prices are also dependent on CompLit skill, and if you got a high level character, the higher CompLit will give you a total better price if you sell to an outdoor shop in omni Trade.
    Proud veteran of Tranquility(Atlantean)

Afelia - Opifex trader : PvM armour
    Adv: Armour -Trox Melee Adventurer by heart.

SWG doesn't have leets... there's no competition -Cold
    We will not be able to hit the barn from the inside! - Spluggzter
    Hmmmm, I am still too gimped to live - Baxie

yes, the tradershop gives the +% bonus

play around with the sell item calculator here lalala

LOOK under;

Value: xxx cr | [+] Sell Item Calculator

to see the differences between prices gained in different shops. (omni/clan/trader)
    Last edited by fhinn; Mar 16th, 2005 at 12:08:49.
    'Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.'

Fhinn, TL7 Neutral Gunslinger // Countinn, TL5 Neutral Trader
    Sleekitt TL5 Clan Fixer

Shattered Dreams, of ye olde RK2 Recruitment thread

To make a simple calculation.

If you make a level 25 trader you can get around 300 Computer Literacy as nanomage with QL70 CL imps, Frequenct Customer, Expertise and other CL adding items. Can ofcourse be tweaked more, but dont want to use a mind boggeling twink as an example here. You can probably push it close to 400 if you really want.

Now, lets sell this QL100 Sekutek Chilled Plasteel Body Armor and look at the number.

With 300CL you get ~39.000 cr from the Trader Shop (175%).
    With 300CL you get ~33,500 cr from a 150% OT shop.
    With 1000CL you get ~39.000 cr from a 150% OT shop.

This means, if you have a character with 1000 CL, you wont gain anything from it. If this is worth the profit is up to yourself to judge.

Lets say you have a non-trader with 500 CL.
    Selling one bag of Sekutek Bodys with 500 CL give you 735.000 cr (OT Shop)
    Selling one bag of Sekutek Bodys with your trader 819.000 cr (Trader Shop)

Non-Trader with 300CL compared to your 25 trader.
    You gain ~16.5% more credits. (116.000 cr) with Trader

Non-Trader with 500CL compared to your 25 trader.
    You gain ~11.5% more credits. (84.000 cr) with Trader

Non-Trader with 750CL compared to your 25 trader.
    You gain ~5.6% more credits. (44.331 cr) with Trader

Non-Trader with 1000CL compared to your 25 trader.
    You gain ~0% more credits. (0 cr) with Trader

Worth it? Judge for yourself, but it is interesting to see that you actually need 1000 CL as a nontrader to beat a level 25 trader with 300 cl selling in the trader shop.
    Last edited by baffle; Mar 16th, 2005 at 15:27:09.
    | Evilbaffle - 220 Tra | Dominixe - 210 Doc | Maram - 207 Eng | Juling - 160 Enf |
    | Yumn - 169 NT | Niemo - 118 MP | Lucine - 185 Agent | Incision - 70 Shade |

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.- Herm Albright

What you need is a trader friend with 2k complit.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Quote Originally Posted by aaronb
    nerf....

Quote Originally Posted by aaronb
    Yes but you are always on your damn doc :P

Anyway, a level 25 trox pump trader not pimped out doesn't do all that well in the trader shop :P

So, I'm making a nanomage trader for use as a wrangle ho/sell ho. He's still on the noob island cause I ain't leaving until I can solo one of those level 10 hoppers.

I figure a nanomage trader should be easy to level up to 60-80ish, mostly on RK, and by the time I get him to that level he should be able to do fairly decent wrangles and do ok in the trader shop, with not too much time spent on leveling.

And I find that playing a trader at lowby levels in any event is kinda fun.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

If your main is lvl 30 and you're having a hard time getting money to make ends meet, roll a trader. Don't forget to collect monster parts for plasma too. If you main is mid to high level, he will get more selling to the right shops than a lowbie trader in trader shop. Unless he's a shade or some kind of comp lit gimp.
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

Hey Baffle, you should really add your post to one of the sticky threads! That is some pretty useful information.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

I'd just like to make the positive observation that selling ingots is the only reason *to* roll a trader at this point in the game. You just gotta suffer for 100's of levels before it really starts to pay off.

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by sobeguy
    I'd just like to make the positive observation that selling ingots is the only reason *to* roll a trader at this point in the game. You just gotta suffer for 100's of levels before it really starts to pay off.
    That's not true. I still love my Trader. Amosco is all I ever play. I have an Engineer that is stuck under Level 100 because I got tired of looking for an MP or Trader everytime I logged into the game.

The only issue I have is that I signed on to play a Trader because when I started the game Traders were called "a jack of all trades". To me, a jack of all trades should be able to solo decently since they can handle any situation with ease. I've watched the Devs put stuff into the game for lower level twinks and top level Raid/PvP junkies, but nothing for that LOOOONG stretch between Level 125 (when we can cast all our stuff and equip almost everything) and Level 200.

I could probably have leveled 2 Adventurers to 200+ in the time it has taken me to get to Level 170 on my Trader (namely almost 2 and a half years!).
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

I love my trader too. He'll go to 220 for sure. When I rolled a new alt, he's a trader too! If you ask me for 1 good reason to pick a trader over any other profession - the only thing that comes to mind is selling ingots. That, and small toons with big shotguns are sooooo cool!