Thread: Enough with the disconnects!

Angry Enough with the disconnects!

4 times in 30 minutes. On one occasion it killed me. I know you guys have top men on the job, but this is unreal. It isn't my ISP; I'm on cable and it never drops, you guys just decide my ten minutes is up and boot me. I'm not alone with this issue and it's not the first time it's been brought up.
    Fix this before anything else. It's not much of a game if you can't play it for longer than 10 minutes without being booted.

LOL thats nothing compared to what many ppl and I had in large scale 2ho raids. We were shooting each other, then all of a sudden half of the people dropped. Sometimes I just wont drop no matter what, sometimes I drop 4-5 times in 2 minutes.

lucky

you are lucky to get booted.
    I'm on the cable, have an avarage ping of under the 100's in nearly any online game (may that be UO, EQ, CS,whatever) and a 1.4Ghz proc, 512 MB ram, G-force 64ddr comp.

My nights are more like

Click on mission booth..wait..wait...wait...wait..notice you have a ping of 64850. Missions appear, choose one..wait..wait...wait "you have a new mission"...try to "run" to mission area. Open the door "changing area"..wait..wait..wait..wait..have a smoke..wait..wait..wait..eat something..."entering new area" haaaa woohooo.

Open first door, get close to the nearest yellow mob. Press q...wait...wait...wait...wait...press heal self nanos and kits just in case...wait...wait....press special attacks just in case...wait...wait..wait

you hit by
    you've got hit by
    you hit by
    executing nano
    you've got hit
    you hit by
    you hit by
    you've got hit by
    all appear after a 4 minutes total down time where nothing seemed to happen..then discover if you survived or not.

Estimated time per 50% missions : 1.5 hours if you get lucky, add for death and enter-exit zones if needed

Just another voice in the wilderness. I too get the random
    disconnects. For a while, it seemed like it was during high traffic
    times; then I created a char on RK-2; and played during low traffic (at times, RK-2 seems *completely* devoid of other people... : ) , and still, the disconnects happen.

Sometimes, I get a few minutes of play. Sometimes, I get hours, and am able to log off normally. But the disconnects are happening frustratingly often, and interfere with gameplay a *lot*. Missions are bad; but hunting with a team is worse.

Please, please, please, please fix this.

Fashal
    OT Adventurer, when connected.

Odd...

I never get disconnected. On my 1.4 t-bird with half a gig of ram and a geforce 2...

Or on my p2-350 with 280 RAM and a geforce 1...

Both on earthlink DSL. Perhaps it's your provider?

I've been disconnected a total of one time, on my beast machine, in the last three weeks.

*shrug*

-Nietya

Well Nietya, I'm happy for you. If you survey this particular forum you'll see quite a few people are getting this issue. It has zero to do with my ISP.

"It's your provider" was Verant's classic escape clause all-purpose answer. Let's not get Funcom in that mood.

ISP's

I'm on RK2 and use Earthlin.....

click....

Reconnecting.....

"You have lost 6500 experience points"
    Fade to white

Enough said?
    Kayasi, NT on RK2
    "But look, my hands are empty..."

The preceeding post

Just to re-affirm my previous post.

It doesn't matter who your ISP is. I had the disconnect problem when the game was first released. Initially I tried to reduce the maximum speed of my modem (suggested by an IT person on a different board).

BTW, I use a USR 56K.

When I reduced the setting from 115K to 57K the disconnects stopped. HOWEVER, this was about 2 months ago. Since then I cancelled my account and un-installed AO.

Now I come back (a couple of patches later) and the disconnects are back and nothing seems to help.

I'm wondering if the AO team has made some adjustments elsewhere that render my fix useless.

PS This fix worked for me once, but not everyone had the same experience. And yes, I've tried all the FAQ ideas and I'm still dropped.
    Kayasi, NT on RK2
    "But look, my hands are empty..."