Thread: One more time (The fading hero)

One more time (The fading hero)

"One more time, just once more" He said to himself as he approached the grid terminal. Im going in there one more time, get what I need and im gone. He attached his Bio-Comm to the Gird Terminal Access in Omni Entertainment District North, closed his eyes, and awoke in Borealis.

Walking from the grid terminal in Borealis was always a pain in the butt, this is where Rubi-Ka's scum came to trade thier wares, and beg for buffs.
    "Hey you" Someone screamed through the crowd towards him.
    Yea he heard it, but in this town, you stop for one second, you might as well put up a Jobe Campfire Set and park it, cause you arent going to leave for a while.
    His ear rang with the familiar tone of someone calling him remotley.
    BLIP "Hey man, can you stop"? CRACKLE
    He is close to the wompa now. BLIP "Listen man, I just need" BZZIP. He switched off his communications relay.
    "Not today little one" He spoke under his breath. "Today I have a score to settle"
    He approached the Wompa to Jobe, stopped, breathed a sigh of hesistation, and continued through the door.

Now, Jobe to some is a paradise, to others, our hero to be exact, its a place that leaves a sore spot on the tongue of anyone who speaks of it.
    "This is what ruined it all, gonna head to the market, take care of business, and head back to Galway to continue my plans"

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

"Gad dangit Ruzan, you know this isnt Rubi-Ka, you dont have to knock, dont you know in these apartments I can see you up to 15 yards away, and when you approach, my help.dat opens and lets me know whos near"?
    "I have one of these wretched things too. Look lets just get this deal done, so I can be on my way."
    "Ok, sounds good, been nervous having this thing on me anyway. Now, what did we agree on, 450 million credits?"
    "Thats right"
    "Thank you, and here you are. You know, Ive been meaning to ask, what are you going to use this for anyway? I had a hell of a time stealing that thing from the Dark Front HQ."
    "None of your damn business, and I doubt you had any trouble stealing it from the base considering your in the upper managment."
    "Yea well, things turn up missing, people ask questions, know what I mean? You want some coffee?"
    "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"
    "Wha..I didnt mean"
    "You know who I work for. I can get the best Coffee in the whole galaxy any time I want a cup. Now, get that Menthol shizzle away from me before I shove it up your Bunghole"
    Walking away from the thief, Ruzan could sence the eyes upon him. That feeling he had once before, deep in Inferno, near the Barracks.
    "Oh I forgot to mention" Ruzan turned around quickly, throwing his Krys knife between the eyes of the traitor, walking through the door and letting the door close behind him before the bastard even hit the floor.
    "Finished" He thought to himself as he walked fast towards the portal back to Borealis. "And so is the rest of this place soon."
    Last edited by Ruzan; Mar 10th, 2005 at 23:58:49.
    Omniteksnipe -RP Character
    Ruzan -Solitus Enfs Unite
    Rewzan -Shade Powah
    Ruzan0 -Engie Powah

Happiness is not just around the corner... it *is* the corner..

Back at his apartment in Trade 2, Ruzan quickly closed the windowblinds and proceeded to check out his latest purchase.
    "All Friggin right!" He shouted, pleased with the contents of the heavy box.
    "Man, this thing stinks". Horrified about what would happen to him if anyone caught him with this vile thing, he began to wonder how he would get it to his shop at the Conquistador Coffee HQ in Galway.
    BLIP "Yo Dernoth, can you get Alkey for me, I have an idea" CRACKLE
    BLIP"Oh, I see, ok then. No, no its no problem, Ill find someone else" CRACKLE
    "Where in the hell did I put that roster. Ahh, here it is, lets see...Sara, Sean, Sigmund, ahh here it is, Skank."
    BLIP "Hey Skank, got a min to help me with something?" CRACKLE
    BLIP "Uh, sure man....uh huh......ok, yea, Trade BY 2, got ya Ill be right over" CRACKLE

Boom Boom....BOOM!
    "Its open" Ruzan yelled from the living room.
    "Son of a...Man, you should clean in here once in a while, I mean Ive never smelled anything worse. Well, there IS Tykahndriuss' house, but damn man."
    "Shut your trap, its not my apartment, its my new..um...thing."
    "Whats in that box man?"
    "Heh, I cant tell you at the moment, youll know soon enough. I brought you over here to give me a hand getting this to Galway without being noticed"
    "How in the hell do you expect me to help you with that? You should have just called Evol and had him grid you and....it."
    "Just listen. I need you to make a slayer."
    "In here? The roof isnt even tall enough"
    "Trust me"
    "Hmph, whatever."
    Gigantic balls of light surround Skanks hands as his body cripples with the pain of casting such a huge robot.
    "Ok I have the shell ready, now what did you have in mind"
    "Alright, now lets head outside. Im going to push the box out there and you cast your slayer. I will then ask you to make your slayerdroid kneel"
    "Whatever man, you need some help dude."
    Skank openes the shell of the Slayerdroid, while creating the robot, Ruzan is busy getting the box ready.
    "Ok, shes all ready to go"
    "Good, now have the robot kneel and Im going to strap the box to its back"
    Ruzan climbs the back of the Slayer and attaches the box to its back with straps and buckles, not unlike a common backpack.
    "This is fukcing retarted ruz" Skank, upset from pissing his time away for this chore, is becoming impatient.

"Got a yalm"?
    "Yep"
    "Get in it and fly with me to Galway. The slayerdroid will follow us from the ground with the box on its back. If we stay high, no one will know who the bot belongs to, and will not approach the bot due to it being able to rip them to shreds."

Skank, rolling his eyes, gets in his yalmaha and proceeds to fly to the CCI HQ.
    "Thanks again for the help Skank"
    "Eat my Azz Ruzan"
    Rewzan -Shade Powah
    Ruzan0 -Engie Powah

The box in tow, Ruzan enters the CCI HQ #2 Trade Skill Building.
    "Gad dangit" He said a little too loudly.
    "Whats wrong Ruz" Said the man behind the counter.
    "Oh, nothing bro, just, um, stubbed my toe is all."
    "Ahh ok. Well holler at me if you need anything."
    "Will do."

Ruzan wasnt expecting anyone else to be using the workshop this late in the evening, especially a Doctor. For some reason though, Celphi thought the workshop was a good place to make his blood plasma from monster scraps. Now, some find this to be a good source of income, but not Celphi. In fact if you even mentioned that you were going to use plasma for a profit gain, he would scream your ear off about how some tank somewhere wasnt being healed because the doctor in the team couldnt find any plasma at a decent price. Being anal is one of his best qualities.
    "You almost done man"?
    "Huh, why? Its not like you can use this station, you dont have the pharma tech to make plasma from this machine anyway."
    "Its not that, I mean, Im not trying to be rude or anythi"
    "Look man, Im not dumb. I know what your going to do. Leet told me all about it"
    "First of all, you dont yell at me, secondly, you dont have a clue what I am planning, because if you did, you wouldnt be sitting here now. You would be out helping me collect the items I....He... needs so that we can stop this thing once and for all."
    "Look man, Im going to leave here so you can create a disaster, and I dont want to be here when Evol finds out your using Guild Resources to help [those things].
    "Good" Ruzan presented a smile to the wary teenager. "Dont let the door hit you on your wa"
    "Look Ruz! I like you man, alot, and I dont want to see whats going to happen to you when the community finds out what your trying to do here."
    "They wont find out untill its too late, besides I am not alone in this quest. [They] are helping me, and with the kind of help [They] are providing, I cannot fail."
    "My friend, you already have"
    Walking away, Celphi turns once again to the monster he once knew as a friend. "The next time we meet, we will be enemies."
    Rewzan -Shade Powah
    Ruzan0 -Engie Powah

Ruzan snickered as the doctor went on his way.
    "Pfft, they will all turn around. They'll look around them and realize that they are finally home again."
    He got up from his station and went to the door of the lab. Locking the door tight, he did one last sweep with his eyes, scouring for any trace of life. He found none, went to his station, and sat down to begin what would eventually change the whole planet forever.
    The box, dripping with a black, sticky ooze, was sitting on the table in front of him.
    "Well, this is what he said he wanted" Ruzan said to himself, almost trying to gain the confidence to actually open the vile container.
    "I feel like I could vomit". Not sure weather it was from the stench or from the nervousness of actually having this item anywhere near him, he began to open the box. The large button on the side of the box was protected by a plastic overlay. Removing the plastic lock on the side, he pressed the button.
    Ka-Ping! Locks all inside the box were clicking open. Stepping back, the sides of the box lay on all 4 sides, slowly lowering towards the ground. The box stopped moving and making noises and opened all the way, leaving a huge lump of what looked like a covering of some sort.
    The covering slid off the item on all sides, and Ruzan got a look at what would be the one thing [He] needed to complete the seperation.
    Ruzan turned around and got sick and ran to the door to open it for some fresh air.
    "My god, who could have known it would be so hideous".
    "I need to go see [Him], I need to take this thing with me".
    He went back in the lab, shut the door behind him, and started the preperation of taking the Head of The Beast to the one who commands him to do so.

Having the proof that The Beast was dead was all [He] wanted. He told Ruzan that once he could provide him with proof, he would start the process of Seperation as Promised by The Kings of Rubi-Ka.

Ruzan headed towards his yalm, smiling.
    Rewzan -Shade Powah
    Ruzan0 -Engie Powah

Hes here master."
    "Good send him in."

Dominus Jiannu headed down the corridors of the Inner Sanctum, making his way towards the Chamber Room where Ruzan was waiting. Recently, his master and this Humanoid have been conversing quite frequently, much to the dislike of the rest of the sanctuary. But, if you knew one thing here, it was this: Speak out against the master, and die a thousand deaths at the hands of the most foul of beasts found at the deepest parts of hell. So, needless to say, none of the faithful were talking much in public about thier disinterest in what the master had been up to latley.

The door rumbled louldy as it slid across the base of the frame. His eyes hurting from the lack of natural light, Ruzan could not make out the figure in the doorway.
    "Hello again human. My name is Jih Jiannu, and you may call me the Honorable Dominus Jiannu. The master has granted your request to make his audience. Please, Follow me. On our way, do not look the worshipers here in the eyes, and do not speak on the way. To interrupt the prayers here is blasphemy, and to be found a blasphemer, is to die an thousand horrible dea.."
    "Can we go?" Ruzan interrupted.
    "Hmph, you have no patience, I can see you will not make it to my masters den unscathed."
    Ruzan, not wishing to start a ruckus, nodded his head in agreement to the rules.
    "Then we go, please this way human."

The corridors were filled with robe-clad worshippers, kneeling and praying and calling out to gods long-forgotten in the modern world. Occasionally, one would pause his chants and turn to Ruzan. Jiannu would point his rod towards the follower, and speak in an unknown language, to which the subject would cower and wail so loudly, it sounded like a room full of people burning to death. They eventually stopped at a room full of books.
    "What are these?"
    "They are the different volumes of The Book of Nizht. Our gods wrote in these pages, all the names of the holy are in these volumes. Also, the names of those who were sacrificed in the name of Nizht are placed in these books. Here in a just a moment, Ill have the opportunity to place a name in this book, an honor, which untill now, I have never been able to do before. I will add the name Ruzan to the book of sacrifices, and I will be blessed, for he will be pleased with my sacrifice this night."
    "What in the hell are you ta.."
    Four cold hands grab Ruzan on both arms, pinning his back to the wall. A fifth hand has found its way to his neck.
    "This holy night I shall offer you my sacrifice, that you may find favor in me, O Lord. May this wicked blood spilled on your alter offer you a sign of my obedience."
    "Somebody help mmmph." His mouth was now covered. More clammy and cold hands grabbed his body, pressing him into the wall with such force, he felt as if the wall would give way.
    Jiannu stopped talking and walked over to the alter in the middle of the room. There he picked up a book and a blade, and continued to walk towards Ruzan. The man was still half way across the room and Ruzan could feel the coldness comming from this blade in the hand of his murderer.
    Finally, standing before Ruzan, Jiannu began to read a passage from the book. After what seemed like an eternity, the blade was placed, point first, at his chest. Just as Ruzan felt the cold blade pierce his chest, he heard Jiannu utter the words.
    "Oh, Master, please forgi.."
    As Ruzans eyes closed, he could see Jiannu's head slide slowly away from his body. The gigantic red sword he knew too well was used with pinpoint accuracy to decaptitate the betrayer. As Jiannu's body followed his head to the ground below, Ruzan got his first glimpse at Rubi-Ka's last hope. There standing before him, Hezak had killed his own blood to attempt to save the life of a human.
    Blood pouring from his chest, Ruzan saw the room around him going slowly black. Watching the blade move back and forth within his chest with every flickering heart beat, Ruzan closed his eyes, and died.

The aliens would soon arrive......
    Rewzan -Shade Powah
    Ruzan0 -Engie Powah