Thread: Script expansion.

Post Script expansion.

Hey,

I think it'd be really cool to allow people to create scripts that could show links in them (to websites, or ingame links that open the info window with more information.) Of course any info window links would be more complicated. What I'm thinking is that people could create guides that would display in the info window telling people how to find something, create an item, use a tool etc. The main advantage of the info window is the hyperlink system that would allow you to cross reference other items while describing their actions.

Eg:

A guide could be created telling people what they can do with monster parts. Text in it could have the words "monster parts" and "bio communicator" as links that would explain where each is obtained, (killing monsters/tradeskill stores.)

Besides with multiple step scripts it'd be much simpler to follow in the info window than a flood of /text commands in the main chat window, (which others can then scroll off your screen if you're in busy channels/combat.) I could be wrong but it might be possible to follow a format similar to html: <link="target file to display>text of link itself</link> just allow the info window to load up custom written text files. (Perhaps even limit it to files found in an \info\ subdirectory or something...)

-- Zurble

This is already possible.

As I'm a computer nonerd, I have no idea how it's done, but I've been given scripts that do what you are looking for and more.

Talking COOL!

Ok, so if it's possible can you possibly refer me to a website with such a script or perhaps email me a copy? I'm a computer geek type and I'm sure I could figure out how to do it if I had an example. Everyone I've talked to in or out of game thought it couldn't be done.

-- Zurble

Ok, I deleted what I just posted. :P

Instead, try emailing: docgalaad@hotmail.com

He's one of those who've written a script that when run pops up an info window with hyperlinks to other ingame helps written by him, and also url hyperlinks that can open up in browser windows.
    Last edited by Zylina; Jul 14th, 2002 at 07:39:59.