Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Give Trade Skill Professions a Self Only Treatment Buff

I got a BRILLIANT idea!
    lets do something for the classes with NO TRADESKILLS first!

Like my crat, the best tradeskill he has is NP, which is blue, but their pet skills are blue also. But pets don't matter, because they can't do a thing anyway. And, my best DD nano is known to hit below the minimum damage while server lag delays it for ten seconds. how uber am I?
    -nearly forgot; NTs, traders, agents, advents, and half the game are all using calms (the crat specialty). Along with this, my best buff is a +20 for pistol which only comes in a +20 and pistols are useless (excluding speeches, which break conceal). My crat Suit also is on a guy in a really big dungeon that is terrible for my pet, but the boss spawns once ever four hours and has a 25% chance of dropping it. Other professions usually camp the boss though, so I can buy the form for three times as much money as I have.

Did I forget to tell you off for being selfish?

Originally posted by JaydeStargunner
    What? Share?

The MP's couldn't charge NT's huge sums of cash for nanos that take them all of 2 seconds to cast! Duh! =P

-Jayde
    Charge NT's for MC buffs or np buffs ? no way, if they just hit me with a he when i buff em, im glad

but ok, im on RK2
    Cattiliriel nano MP lvl 162 RK2

Originally posted by aaronb
    so...

- Trader tradeskill buffs go to Engineers.
    - Engineer beacon warp goes to Fixers.
    - MP Nano Programming buffs go to NTs.

okay by me... any other changes?
    yes doctors can have the engie pharma tech buff as well.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Originally posted by Maxtor 1-7
    I got a BRILLIANT idea!

Like my crat, the best tradeskill he has is NP, which is blue, but their pet skills are blue also. But pets don't matter, because they can't do a thing anyway. And, my best DD nano is known to hit below the minimum damage while server lag delays it for ten seconds. how uber am I?
    Well lets see when you pop out those 3 pets of yours combined and your nukes who the **** needs a team you are one.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

psychic check kills charms past lvl 100, nice try.

Oh yeah, if I calm a mob then try to charm it, it won't be charmed, it will just attack me, no matter how many times I try to charm it. This was added by FC for a reason because it allowed charms to have 'no threat', even though the charm could be resisted or fumbled while I was casting it far enough away not to get agro'ed.

Charms are good when you can use them though, but server lag and 'lag warps' taking me into the agro range and all the fumbles/resists kill them off fairly well.
    My pet won't take that agro off me either, and if I calm the mob it will go right back to attacking me even if my pet broke the calm. Sometimes I will get attacked by it after I cast the charm but it was sucessful, and that is really confusing because I try to recharm but nothing happens at all, so the system of charms is really screwed up.

Thumbs down

Lol, give Varvara a tell and ask how to play a crat. Wish I could've managed to stay on the same timezone.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

I don't mean to piss anyone off this early in the morning, but it seems to happen every day.

Originally posted by Maxtor 1-7
    I got a BRILLIANT idea!

Like my crat, the best tradeskill he has is NP, which is blue, but their pet skills are blue also. But pets don't matter, because they can't do a thing anyway.

No objections.

And, my best DD nano is known to hit below the minimum damage while server lag delays it for ten seconds. how uber am I?

Most Crats I know don't have a lag problem with their nuke, and all nukes have the same lag problem. All nanos have the same lag problem. You also have one of the most powerful nukes in t he game. Oh... do (since you are referring to the "trade skill classes") engies have nukes in the latest patch?

-nearly forgot; NTs, traders, agents, advents, and half the game are all using calms (the crat specialty). Along with this, my best buff is a +20 for pistol which only comes in a +20 and pistols are useless (excluding speeches, which break conceal). My crat Suit also is on a guy in a really big dungeon that is terrible for my pet, but the boss spawns once ever four hours and has a 25% chance of dropping it. Other professions usually camp the boss though, so I can buy the form for three times as much money as I have.

I can see by your "three times as much money as I have" etc, that you are probably level 100 or below. Crats shine above level 100, when your Baton line and Speeches are very nice to have in a teaming situation.

Did I forget to tell you off for being selfish?
    Me? Selfish?

[edited in]
    As someone else stated (Mercatura, BTW engys, you should really be asking for your own buffs. I doubt you'd want to get maestros with their 7xx/6xx PM/SI requirements. I know my engy would like to have tradeskill buffs that are usable before 190 without being even more of a gimp, its bad enough tradeskills are already a big IP waste heap.)

Odds are Funcom will try to make our two more or less useless skill "useful" by forcing us to raise PM/SI. The treatment buff would probably require 1 green and 1 dark instead of 2 darks. And yes, at level 200, I will have IP issues.

That would work if they based our line on an already green line, or else give us items that buff trade skills by a vast amount, that is engineer only.

Asking for a self-only treatment buff is a bit off-class, but it was the most logical thought that came to me after running around switching implants and begging for buffs for 3 hours the other night.
    [/edited]
    ~Chris

PS: Bleh, I'm turning into miir, someone stop me =P
    Last edited by Megabio; Jul 18th, 2002 at 12:53:26.

SHARE THE YALMS! :-)

Seriously as much as I dont like it FC have already said this is all 'by design'. They dont want any classes to be 100% self sufficient they want to encourage player interaction (beit teaming of buff begging).

The problem with that is that some classes are more dependant than other classes, I mean when was the last time you saw _anyone_ ask an Engineers for a B&E, Chem/Pharm, Disarm, Pistol/Grenade, Energy or Ranged Int buff?

These buffs should really be the preserve of the Fixer (B&E and Disarm), Soldier (Pistol/Grenade, Energy and Ranged Int) and Doctor (Chem/Pharm) Nothing there that really has _anything_ to do with Engineering.
    Last edited by Warlock; Jul 18th, 2002 at 15:18:22.
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Hahah, you wish you were as despised as I am.

By the way, don't worry about that Maxtor guy.
    He whines and awful lot and doesn't realise he plays the most uber profession in AO.

psychic check kills charms past lvl 100, nice try

Boohoo, so you can't charm deep reds that are 70 levels higher than you.

My pet won't take that agro off me either, and if I calm the mob it will go right back to attacking me even if my pet broke the calm

Thats bullsh*t.
    You are probably not even using a pet taunt nano.
    Or you keep attacking when you drop the calm on the mob.
    I've played a crat as well so I actually have a clue about how to lose aggro and get it on to the pet.

Originally posted by Miir

Hahah, you wish you were as despised as I am.

Actually I don't want to be despised like you.
    ~Chris

Exactly how am I the most uber profession in AO? I won't list all my complaints again, it takes too long. And how many 'most uber professions in AO' are there so far?

"Boohoo, so you can't charm deep reds that are 70 levels higher than you."
    I can't even charm something that is yellow to me unless I can get a general debuff to land. Even then, the resist rate is very high.

I use Mudslinger and have 101 in my inventory.

I also made a nice display of this in MMD recently, I had to calm the guard 5 times so it would stop attacking me, it hit my pet twice then went back to me.
    In all of that, I only used my DD twice when I knew the guard couldn't kill me. Strange how I tanked three times as much damage as my pet in all that, when I was running out of range and calming very often..

I whine a lot because I see problems a lot, I also find solutions for many/most of those problems.

Btw, yep, lvl 80 right now but I have the 6% bato and the useful speeches (+crit and +hit chance/-chance of being hit).
    I have a few good friends who helped me get those. I should be able to do more with the area calm in team missions though, and plan on getting nice boss loot.

Megabio, did you consider lowing the treatment cost of implants or having treatment machines giving a larger treatment buff depending on your level instead of more buffs? It would help everyone with this problem, and docs would still be needed because the change isn't huge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12