Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Role of the NT

Would be nice, I can get 21k nano on my 220 NM NT with a few perks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

pfffft, a nano that has a purpose only once in a blue moon and you call that NT love?

Reduces your nano down to zip after casting it so you can run away as fast as you can before it falls off. Should be a good nano for those 2sec nano ticking high levels but again I stand by what I said previously. I want something (lots of somethings) for all levels not a measly bone thrown at us.

Again lazy FC would rather do this then actually dig into AO and balance all of the professions. Other game companies do it all of the time but not this one.

I think the purpose of this nano is more of a way to escape aggro or flee a nasty situation exactly as fc stated what we are to do in cases when we DO draw aggro now they got the escape part right how bout working on our damage? of course me thinks it only applies if this nano actually will exist in patch 16.3. will be nice but hey whats with not working on our damage?

(think thats what everybody knows so bring on the flames if any needed hehe.)

Quote Originally Posted by Freyda
    will be nice but hey whats with not working on our damage?
    Am personally placing bets IF we do get more damage it'll be balanced into Lost Eden and probably prety tied into it. Makes little sense for them to waste dev time getting us to work with AI when things are about to change all over again.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Until I see that nano I reserve judgement at the best because for all we know it will last 3 seconds or something just as dumb. Basically anything less than 10 secs is just a waste to me as I don't pvp so I need to escape the mobs fast but as we all know it seems mobs can reach across the world to hit us anyways.

For all we know it will be a nano that has to cool down for half an hour etc... so lets just wait and see what it does but I lay odds it is a nano for LE, or very closely tied to it, which doesn't interest me in the least (strictly pve/pvm here).

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris
    Until I see that nano I reserve judgement at the best because for all we know it will last 3 seconds or something just as dumb. Basically anything less than 10 secs is just a waste to me as I don't pvp so I need to escape the mobs fast but as we all know it seems mobs can reach across the world to hit us anyways.

For all we know it will be a nano that has to cool down for half an hour etc... so lets just wait and see what it does but I lay odds it is a nano for LE, or very closely tied to it, which doesn't interest me in the least (strictly pve/pvm here).
    It lasts 25 seconds, then continuously drains your nano, 3k/sec for 30 seconds I think(I'm at work right now, I'll check when I get home) After that, you can cast it again as soon as you have the nano to do so.
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Rak
    It lasts 25 seconds, then continuously drains your nano, 3k/sec for 30 seconds I think(I'm at work right now, I'll check when I get home) After that, you can cast it again as soon as you have the nano to do so.
    O.O UGH!

So, you get 25 secs of run time but you get 30secs of no nano. Hmmmmm, that is horrid imo but oh well I guess if you are fleeing for your life towards a zone wall then it is okay.

Not something I will use because I am normally dead in 1 or 2 hits anyways unless I can insta cast it without the need of targeting myself (the time it takes me to retarget myself to cast that nano is all the time it will take for the mobs to kill me which negates the nano for me).

O.O UGH!

So, you get 25 secs of run time but you get 30secs of no nano. Hmmmmm, that is horrid imo but oh well I guess if you are fleeing for your life towards a zone wall then it is okay.

Not something I will use because I am normally dead in 1 or 2 hits anyways unless I can insta cast it without the need of targeting myself (the time it takes me to retarget myself to cast that nano is all the time it will take for the mobs to kill me which negates the nano for me).

You don't need to target yourself to cast a self only nano, and yes it is instant
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

O.O UGH!

dood, most of us wouldnt even note the nanocost of keeping this running So its highlvl luv. Dunno what lvl ur nt is but at 215+ 3k nanocost is pretty much nothing. Even though i agree its to much nanocost to be usefull for someone under lvl 200
    U have to enjoy the fight to be really good.
    Devil Artemisv Hellcaster (retired)
    Warconfig
    usual PVMConfig
    Nosferatu Erinyes Alucard
    Devil Zyankali Advocate
    Yamaeda: Three Cyberdecks for the Opifex-kings under the sky, Seven for the Atrox-lords in their halls of notum, Nine for Nanomage doomed to die, One for the Dark Lady on her dark throne In the Land of Inferno where the Shadows live. One Cyberdeck to rule them all, One Deck to find them, One Deck to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Inferno where the Shadows live.

"GM Santaki: If you are worried about being banned you should email support and explain that you are not involved in any exploiting. "

Quote Originally Posted by ArtemisV
    dood, most of us wouldnt even note the nanocost of keeping this running So its highlvl luv. Dunno what lvl ur nt is but at 215+ 3k nanocost is pretty much nothing. Even though i agree its to much nanocost to be usefull for someone under lvl 200
    Exactly my point but it is not 3k nano cost it is 3k nano cost per second so you need to regen 6k per your high level regen rate (tick per 2secs).

Quote Originally Posted by Rak
    You don't need to target yourself to cast a self only nano, and yes it is instant
    Good, but I still say this is for the 200+ crowd so hows about a bone for the <=200 crowd?

It seems to me that most things these profs get are for 216+ like Carlos for the crats at 220 and for me at 220 I cease to use the char unless I am farming for other alts. Pretty much game over at 220 (LE comes for those pvp people though) for we pve people.

It sure would have been nice to have more damage and something else that all levels could enjoy.

Would definatly make some of the perks more usefull that were never looked at... Max nano, and the team aura.. with nano stims; I bet these would really really help.. especially if PVP damage would still be halved vs it.

Whats the recharge, I read you say insta-cast.

And just think of a low-hp nanomage at high level with a 21k nano pool, and 4k hp.. would be crazy hard to kill one in pvp
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    LOL

And just think of a low-hp nanomage at high level with a 21k nano pool, and 4k hp.. would be crazy hard to kill one in pvp
    21K nanopool would buy you all of 7 additional seconds.
    Mind you, some of the perk specials (nano heal and tap notum source) could get you a few more.

Exactly my point but it is not 3k nano cost it is 3k nano cost per second so you need to regen 6k per your high level regen rate (tick per 2secs).
    hm didnt calc with 3k per sec i admit.
    Warconfig
    usual PVMConfig
    Devil Zyankali Advocate
    Yamaeda: Three Cyberdecks for the Opifex-kings under the sky, Seven for the Atrox-lords in their halls of notum, Nine for Nanomage doomed to die, One for the Dark Lady on her dark throne In the Land of Inferno where the Shadows live. One Cyberdeck to rule them all, One Deck to find them, One Deck to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Inferno where the Shadows live.

"GM Santaki: If you are worried about being banned you should email support and explain that you are not involved in any exploiting. "

According to this guy:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=453251

Its a Trader nano, but in the description it says that Traders learned it from NTs lol.. so we don't get this after all.. oh and soldiers get tons of new guns.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros
    21K nanopool would buy you all of 7 additional seconds.
    Mind you, some of the perk specials (nano heal and tap notum source) could get you a few more.
    True, the 3k/sec drain is too strong - bad implementation of a good idea (again)
    LOL

There's gonna be a new nano like the trader one for NTs as well.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

lets see how much the trader version drains, but actually im not gonna change my perks for something that drains my nanopool (even if i would max it and even if i would have all (the bugged ones too) nanoincreasin perks) faster than i can say ouch. Nice idea but very very very bad implented (again) if its 3k per second.
    Warconfig
    usual PVMConfig
    Devil Zyankali Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by ArtemisV
    lets see how much the trader version drains, but actually im not gonna change my perks for something that drains my nanopool (even if i would max it and even if i would have all (the bugged ones too) nanoincreasin perks) faster than i can say ouch. Nice idea but very very very bad implented (again) if its 3k per second.
    That was exactly what I was talking about. Heck even 215+ I wonder if they could handle 6k nano regen per tick? I honestly don't know but that is just lunacy and I bet shortly after it is introduced, if it works as said previously, people will try it and ditch it.

actually by now it looks useless for me, exept for evacing into a backyard ... lols
    Warconfig
    usual PVMConfig
    Devil Zyankali Advocate

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast