Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Role of the NT

I'll be getting LE regardless of NT fixes :|
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I'll be getting it purely to show off having every preorder bonus
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Let's not forget about the keeper mech
    Former NT Professional and post count farmer.

Goodbye everyone, it has been a blast.

I'll be getting LE once the issues with the profession are resolved. If LE comes out first, there are other MMORPGs out there. I only have 3 accounts, so it's no big loss to FC, but it's a pain in the ass to keep paying for something, reading about work in progress and seeing the same old **** every day. Not to mention myself and about 20 other people are experiencing lag issues that were present in the game when it came out in 2001 at this moment. Kinda funny since they just had a hardware upgrade.
    My NT theme song.

Account Created
    2001-07-31 02:33:55

"Go uranium or go home!!" - Slagarr

Matters not if you're a king or a lowly street sweeper;
    Sooner or later you're gonna dance with the reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxphluxx
    Kinda funny since they just had a hardware upgrade.
    Thing is, this was not related to performance.

People blame most of whatever on all the wrong things and don't understand the other half, that's the main problem with these games.

Here's news: ALL MMOs suck this bad! There are none with good profession balance, there are none where everything is fun and there's no camping, and those that try to cut on that automatically drops to 1-2 month life expectancy and might as well have been a singleplayer game without monthly fees for all that matters.
    And I've played all of them enough to know this with as much certainty as is possible. There's always, at the very least, one profession that sucks very very bad compared to all others.

NTs is one of those professions in this game. Why they aren't fixed yet? Gods only know. Apparently there are enough NTs doing well enough compared to whatever it is that NTs are supposed to do.
    I am almost beyond caring since there's nothing more to do about it other than wait. But that doesn't mean I don't get sick from reading all these people who throw around whatever insults at all times speaking them out as they were holy truths, when it is obvious for anyone who bothered to actually know just the tiniest bit about things, that it's completely wrong and malinformed.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I've monitored enough WANs worldwide to know that latency is related to performance somewhere along the line, but I never said this happened because of the hardware upgrade. I said it was funny. I appreciate irony and to me, service issues cropping up just after an upgrade to enhance or protect service is ironic. Also to know good customer service is when the customer is informed of a problem without having to go to the company, and that the problem is investigated and resolved in a timely manner, not when the company waits to see if anyone noticed, then sends out a statement that they're going to "watch" to see if it happens again. That's a subject for a different thread, however.

As far as our profession goes, sorry I got your feathers ruffled over it, but I've waited over 9 months just for a response and I'm generally never too nice regarding a company that continually lies to me. I'm paying for a product they said they'd provide and I'm not seeing it. They've said they were going to fix the product time and time again, but they haven't. I've seen all the suggestions and even if just a few of them were implemented it'd make the class much more enjoyable and desirable without upsetting balance at all. And that's why I'm a bit miffed. The professions in AO CAN be balanced

With regards to other MMOs..yeah..most games I've seen (mmo or not) have some level of suckage. I enjoy the 'mage' and 'thief' class, however, so if those two aren't borked to hell somewhere else I wouldn't mind whatever other suckiness the game came with. I prefer sci fi, however, so I'm trying to stick with AO. I just hope they make good on their promises soon.
    My NT theme song.

Account Created

And well, FC could say "this is how NT is supposed to be" and that'd be fixed in their eyes. That we don't like it is something completely different... there's nothing we can do but sit here and wait and give some info when they ask for it.
    The Red Brotherhood

Alright, alright...I'll lower my grumbling to a distant murmur.
    My NT theme song.

Account Created

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxphluxx
    As far as our profession goes, sorry I got your feathers ruffled over it, but I've waited over 9 months just for a response and I'm generally never too nice regarding a company that continually lies to me.
    9 months? tee hee

The process of improvement (which I believe we are actually making some decent progress on compared to other suck profs atm) is a very very long one and if 9 months of waiting makes you wanna jump ship, you might as well jump now. Otherwise, the best thing that I've learned from the great group here is to try to stay contructive and consistent in our complaints and be reasonable in our expectations, we are working toward the good of everyone.

and if you really get down, just go flame the adv forum

and remember if all seems lost, oddgrim still lubs us
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2
    Contagion 220 Clan Doc RK2

Proud wielder of the Pitchfork of Satenia

That explains why he was following me giggling yesterday....
    My NT theme song.

Account Created

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_o
    9 months? tee hee
    9 month since they said they maybe do something, more than 2 years is the time we ask for improvements alr.
    U have to enjoy the fight to be really good.
    Devil Artemisv Hellcaster (retired)
    Warconfig
    usual PVMConfig
    Nosferatu Erinyes Alucard
    Devil Zyankali Advocate
    Yamaeda: Three Cyberdecks for the Opifex-kings under the sky, Seven for the Atrox-lords in their halls of notum, Nine for Nanomage doomed to die, One for the Dark Lady on her dark throne In the Land of Inferno where the Shadows live. One Cyberdeck to rule them all, One Deck to find them, One Deck to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Inferno where the Shadows live.

"GM Santaki: If you are worried about being banned you should email support and explain that you are not involved in any exploiting. "

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    Pff yeah you have alts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

Pff yeah you have alts!
    Heh yes, 1 over lvl 100 that I haven't logged in for several months now
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    Certainly this is the currently held belief of FC that NT's will get LE regardless of NT fixes...and again why I am almost convinced Sill was just attempting to pacify NT's until LE came out. It is just good business to do so since that before LE it is glaringly obvious they will not for what ever reason fix the problems.

Seriously, what other reason makes as much sense? Basic problems...basic fixes...and 9 months (2 years) later still not done. Come on, nothing should take that amount of time to be corrected. I appreciate Sill's feedback (albeit it has been quite some time since we have heard anything), but it is time to look at it objectively and realize FC wants to string us along until another expansion comes out.

What really proves my point is the spin they used on insulting our intelligence by claiming in 2005 the NT class had the most work done to them! This is no doubt true! But I didn't ever see FC admit to what everyone else knows...that the work done on NT's resulted in NR debuffs which do not help in ANY way to give NT's higher dmg output, roots that break in a hit or 2, Useless range debuffs, and the utterly disasterous decision to base Champion of Nano Combat perks on AR vice MC.
    A year of work just to nerf us more? Maybe we better stop asking FC to fix us before our NT's won't be able to kill even gray mobs. Oh wait, some gray mobs in pen mine can't solo...damn, too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Haydron
    A year of work just to nerf us more? Maybe we better stop asking FC to fix us before our NT's won't be able to kill even gray mobs. Oh wait, some gray mobs in pen mine can't solo...damn, too late.
    I've warned people multiple times about the dangers of asking Funcom to "fix NTs."
    If you still don't understand, ask your local veterinarian.

What really proves my point is the spin they used on insulting our intelligence by claiming in 2005 the NT class had the most work done to them! This is no doubt true! But I didn't ever see FC admit to what everyone else knows...that the work done on NT's resulted in NR debuffs which do not help in ANY way to give NT's higher dmg output, roots that break in a hit or 2, Useless range debuffs, and the utterly disasterous decision to base Champion of Nano Combat perks on AR vice MC.
    Sure nt got most work of all classes- rest of classes had exectly 0 work on them (last prof specific thing that FC did that wasnt about nt were PF weapons).

Of couse the quality of the work they did on nt is another questions :P
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros
    I've warned people multiple times about the dangers of asking Funcom to "fix NTs."
    Called vet today, he just suggested I stop drinking out of the toilet, quit pooping on the floor, and take a dewormer twice a day.

Called vet today, he just suggested I stop drinking out of the toilet, quit pooping on the floor, and take a dewormer twice a day.
    Stay off the furniture and quit humping legs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    LOL

Ohtehnoes!
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Maybe it's for the best, at least your suffering would be over.

/Y
    "No, the NT is a Magetank, the same ability to take a beating as any mage-class with the same taunt and damage output as a tank ..."

Yamaeda - Equip

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast