Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Role of the NT

This is sad......

Very sad......

All I can say is - NT's are alright till higher level... and when I mean (alright) I mean somewhat decent to other professions.... but that's IT...

Why why funcom why must you nerf us so?

WTB News from some FC person: "Guess what - you guys are going to get better DD nukes (with stuns/special effects), Some extra defense perks (similar to cocoon), an AS/FA absorb, and will be giving you a new Nano! NanoCrystal (<insert name>'s Reflect of NT Love) -
    30 seconds, 40%-60% reflect (depending on how many perks in Ancient Matrix), AI Required - AI level 15, -1500 Runspeed, Stacks with NS2, and has 2 minute recharge."

NT's: "WOW!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3"

Keepers/Advs/etc: "ZOMG NERF /petition"

.. yes I'm having fun with this.. of course I think this would be reasonable for all the pain and suffering we've gone through.... - it'd possibly give us a chance to get up in league with some of the "better" pvp profs AND it'd allow us to maybe get more into PvM....... oh and maybe a special semi-rare AI weapon that allows the nt's....

"Kyr'ozch Techno-Mage Blaster"
    Req: 1500 Mat. Crea.
    750 Pistol
    500 Fling Shot
    400 Aimed Shot
    AI Level From: 20
    300-400 (200)
    Attack: 2s
    Recharge: 2.5s
    Description: Allows Nano-Technician to cast Shadowland Nukes

probably a bit off-topic.. but my ideas are so uber!?!?! lol

Peace out!
    "Ignorance is bliss."
    Phat'est Trader on Rimor
    Phat = Pretty Hot and Tempting.
    Entrepreneur Grandmaster "Chacapo" Baiter - Forever Nerfed
    Also known as 'Poir'
    Clanners will be crushed!
    Omni-Tek shall prevail!
    One of the First Traders on Rimor To Have Nanobot Defense and Grand Theft Humidity

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro
    Didn't someone use to make fun of DD reports on MP forum? So stop slacking!
    And you know perfectly well why the MPs were made fun of

To explain to those not in the know: MPs were insane DDs before their pets were adjusted somewhat so that they are now a medium DD support profession. This of course caused no end to the MPs going "I quit" and then people posted faked DD logs (I'm sure Zorro was chief among them) and it all ended rather embarassingly for the MP community as their pets at the time were not even close to performing as poorly as they wanted to convey, and is hardly even close to being comparative to NT problems, as MPs were never said to be a top DD, nor even a "competitive damage dealer"
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Why is it so hard to get a response from anyone at FC about this DD issue? The lines of communication are like sooo slow -- we have to tell professionals, they have to tell sill, sill has to tell devs, devs have to tell each other.. then it stops for 10 months and we see a sad attempt of the devs implementing what we originally suggested. THEN after we give feedback about the implement here on forums, we can't even get Sill to look our way again -- as he must think we're fine now that our profession had a few things in the patch notes.

Sometimes I want to just break the forums rules and post a ton of swear words just so sill will come look.. but I know a mod will get to me first and it'll be a huge waste of my time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    To explain to those not in the know: MPs were insane DDs before their pets were adjusted somewhat so that they are now a medium DD support profession. This of course caused no end to the MPs going "I quit" and then people posted faked DD logs (I'm sure Zorro was chief among them) and it all ended rather embarassingly for the MP community as their pets at the time were not even close to performing as poorly as they wanted to convey, and is hardly even close to being comparative to NT problems, as MPs were never said to be a top DD, nor even a "competitive damage dealer"
    And we should trust you with that DD? How to be sure you were not watching TV the whole time?
    Some people are an embarasment to the NT comunity by themselves.
    Last edited by Zorro; Dec 6th, 2005 at 17:11:28.
    Pompidou, Vanguard - Setup
    Zitrone, Deity (?) - PvP PvM

AO PvP Guide for beginners (by Silentslash)
    Waiting for LostEden... if it ever comes out!

The lines of communication are like sooo slow -- we have to tell professionals, they have to tell sill, sill has to tell devs, devs have to tell each other.. then it stops for 10 months and we see a sad attempt of the devs implementing what we originally suggested.
    Reminds me of that game kids play where you make a long chain of peeps and starting on one end you whisper something to the next one in line and you see what comes out the other end.

Usually unrecogniceable rubbish...
    Delerium(220/30/70), Locklear(220/30/70), Piggybank(60/6/14).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    Deng: Every time I see Del I just start to quiver.

And we should trust you with that DD? How to be sure you were not watching TV the whole time?
    Some people are an embarasment to the NT comunity by themselves.
    go back in ur cave.
    U have to enjoy the fight to be really good.
    Devil Artemisv Hellcaster (retired)
    Warconfig
    usual PVMConfig
    Nosferatu Erinyes Alucard
    Devil Zyankali Advocate
    Yamaeda: Three Cyberdecks for the Opifex-kings under the sky, Seven for the Atrox-lords in their halls of notum, Nine for Nanomage doomed to die, One for the Dark Lady on her dark throne In the Land of Inferno where the Shadows live. One Cyberdeck to rule them all, One Deck to find them, One Deck to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Inferno where the Shadows live.

"GM Santaki: If you are worried about being banned you should email support and explain that you are not involved in any exploiting. "

Go make a city raid or APF and AoE the whole time, or mercs, and we will see the scale of NT damage.
    Only NTs who don't do well there are slackers and whiners such as someone here. (an embarasment to the NT comunity by himself)
    You don't have many friends, do you? His DD is very accurate.. if you knew anything about how nano's damage is affected by mobs ACs causing us to hit at min damage every nuke.. then you MIGHT say "Ah now I know why NTs don't scale damage in SL" -- and this is different on RK mobs and Aliens who don't have ACs that affect our nukes, and here we get higher damage outputs.

but guess what, you can't get shadow-levels by killing Mercs and aliens.. we need more damage on SL mobs so that we are desirable in SK teams. Masta should easily be number 1 on the DD list concidering his healing/defensive capabilities compared to those who consistantly OD him by 2x.. It doesn't make sense.. and if you're angry about some nerf your overpowered pet got a long time ago I think it's time you got over it and start asking for logical things instead of hijacking our real problems.
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    LOL

Well if MPs are judged fine in their "support" role, guess it is the same with NTs (mez, nano-refill).

At least NTs get some feedback about their problems. Let's not forget the NR debuffs you just got. As for "over-powered pet", thanks for the support, to me NTs are just fine right now then.
    Last edited by Zorro; Dec 6th, 2005 at 18:05:24.
    Pompidou, Vanguard - Setup
    Zitrone, Deity (?) - PvP PvM

AO PvP Guide for beginners (by Silentslash)
    Waiting for LostEden... if it ever comes out!

Well if MPs are judged fine in their "support" role, guess it is the same with NTs (mez, nano-refill).

At least NTs get some feedback about their problems. Let's not forget the NR debuffs you just got. As for "over-powered pet", thanks for the support, to me NTs are just fine right now then.
    Ahh so you don't care about actual balance you are just here for an E-Pissing match.
    GlaDos: There was even going to be a party for you. A big party, that all of your friends were invited to. I invited your best friend, 'the Companion Cube'. Of course, he couldn't come, because you murdered him. All your other friends couldn't come either, because you don't have any other friends because of how unlikable you are. It says so right here in your personnel file; 'Unlikable. Liked by no one. A bitter unlikable loner whose passing shall not be mourned.' SHALL NOT BE MOURNED. That's exactly what it says. Very formal. Very official. It also says you were adopted. So that's funny too.

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions." - Albert Einstein

ah yes the oh so ubah useless nr debuff... yeah it roxx ... didnt use it since i tested it and saw that the NR-Debuff actually does nothing in pvm and the range is to limited in pvp. But we told u that a ****load times alr and u still use it to flame around ...
    go back in ur cave and smoke something of ur stuff (it must be really good) and leave us alone.
    U have to enjoy the fight to be really good.
    Devil Artemisv Hellcaster (retired)
    Warconfig
    usual PVMConfig
    Nosferatu Erinyes Alucard
    Devil Zyankali Advocate
    Yamaeda: Three Cyberdecks for the Opifex-kings under the sky, Seven for the Atrox-lords in their halls of notum, Nine for Nanomage doomed to die, One for the Dark Lady on her dark throne In the Land of Inferno where the Shadows live. One Cyberdeck to rule them all, One Deck to find them, One Deck to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Inferno where the Shadows live.

"GM Santaki: If you are worried about being banned you should email support and explain that you are not involved in any exploiting. "

Um at one point wasn't Hezak or some pet ODing everything? It was. Our role wasn't supposed to be Support profession, but it is slowly tipping that way with the NR debuffs allowing us to calm..

But those calms still are limited, need to land 2 or 3 debuffs, THEN calm.. often times this isn't fast enough in mission teams.. therefore NTs aren't exactly filling their support mez role.

I feel MPs are more desired in a team than NTs, both for damage and buffs, and heal pet is a nice plus.. few profs need nano refill.. and if they DO need refill, then they are more likely to pick up a keeper than a NT due to the damage difference.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion
    Just because its a holiday doesn't mean some of us aren't working Likewise the theories that we do not read the forums or ignore things are simply not true.

ignore

v 1: refuse to acknowledge

I just couldn't resist.
    My NT theme song.

Account Created
    2001-07-31 02:33:55

"Go uranium or go home!!" - Slagarr

Matters not if you're a king or a lowly street sweeper;
    Sooner or later you're gonna dance with the reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    Competitive damage lol

[Arfrbot] Mrlie: 1. Jaroba (9 064 561 dmg) ( Nanobots 13% Regular 29% Critical 56% )

[Arfrbot] Mrlie: 8. Mastablasta (4 815 972 dmg) ( Nanobots 99% )
    Looks pretty typical and sure doesn't look like it's worth leveling unless we just want to be able to be competitve with toons that are 10 levels lower than we are. Another thing I noticed here this last couple of weeks (patches) - Disappearing HP now - whats up with that?

I still play Willie but am rolling a Doc. As soon as the doc is leveled up - shelving this toon. I feel so useless.
    Williemakit

Atlanteans gimpiest NT. Doesn't kite, doesn't PvP and not in a hurry to get to AI-30.

My Stuff: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=137885

Questions

I'm a little confused by this thread, in that I'm having a hard time seeing the issue at hand. I'm 212, and no where near as nicely equipped as some of the toons I see here, but I hold my own pretty well. I feel like I do relatively decent damage, am proficient in PvP, and never have a hard time finding teams. However, I'm post-shadowlands so I really don't know much about what being an Nt was like before. I'm quite happy, yes there is a LOT of room for improvment in the toolset, but I can do some pretty amazing things, and I've seen some of you guys around pulling things off that make even my jaw drop. This is definitely a profession to be played by the intelligent, and I feel that most of us have done a fine job of overcoming the limitations and making the best of what we have.

Fortunately, with the removal of ingots the number of gimps running around in circles is thinning out. That practice, in my opinion, is probably why we've been neglected and nerfd for so long. Theyr'e still out there, but all they're doing is repeating what they've seen done before, assuming that's the only way to level. The broader playerbase is no encouragment, even @ 212 I get people begging me to "just get me 4,000,000 xp" whenever I have to streak thru Elyssium. Our job as professionals now should be to encourage new Nts and get them into the profession, rather than gank them and tell them "don't kite ely hecks". When I told some of the newer Nts in my org about other ways to level, they tried them and haven't touched a heckler since. Rather than alienate half the up-and-coming flock by shunning them for doing what they think theyr'e supposed to do, why not guide them instead?

As I said before though, I came along well after Shadowlands was released, so I only have a small part of the picture. As I also mentioned, I'm happy, but in fact I really don't KNOW any better. I've rolled other toons and tried them, and frankly I'm so used to struggling that all the others bore me So what exactly are the issues at hand? If Funcom agreed to "fix", say, 3 things, and continue fixing them until we were happy, what would they be and why?
    I wear your petition as a badge of Honour.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaritopen
    I feel like I do relatively decent damage....
    Damage as an NT isn't bad for the early levels. I think you will find your outlook will drastically change over your next couple of levels though - mine sure did. The problem with damage is really simple: Professions that use weapons are putting on QL300 weps by 210-215 and managing to stay out of OE with them and then have tons of equipable items to enhance that damage. We on the otherhand have level locked nanos with nurfed cast times and nothing out there to speak of that enhances nano damage with any comparison. Our 216 nano for example doesn't compare in damage to the QL-300 pistols that a 216 (or even 210) pistol soldier is wielding. Even with dots running and perking every chance you get they will double your damage and we won't even talk about shades etc. At 220, our 220 nano still won't compare in damage to that same QL-300 pistol and I have yet to have heard of a QL-300 NT nuke out there. Between fumbles and perks shutting you down and most of your hits being min damage its nurfed even more.

Our job as professionals now should be to encourage new Nts and get them into the profession.......
    I disagree. Our job at this point in time should be to discourage others from wasting months building a toon that they are going to be disappointed in.

If Funcom agreed to "fix", say, 3 things, and continue fixing them until we were happy, what would they be and why?
    They actually only need to do one thing - make our damage comparable. Now, Im not much of a PVPr so someone else will have to contribute there. The why is easy: What else do we have to offer the team or group? PNH/IOR/Range maybe. Nano aura - they would rather have a keeper. Calms, they would rather have a trader because they get additional damage,debuffs and umbral too. About the only place an NT is really wanted is APF or city raids. They like the AOEs.

I guess if you like to kite or your only goal in the game is AI 30 - an NT is a good toon for you. If you are like me and would rather be involved beyond that - well... you'll probably end up doing the same thing a lot of us are doing - rolling a more useful char or just leaving AO. My biggest problem is that I really like driving my NT - its a cryin shame.
    Last edited by Williemakit; Dec 12th, 2005 at 13:45:39.
    Williemakit

Atlanteans gimpiest NT. Doesn't kite, doesn't PvP and not in a hurry to get to AI-30.

My Stuff: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=137885

I'm a little confused by this thread, in that I'm having a hard time seeing the issue at hand. I'm 212, and no where near as nicely equipped as some of the toons I see here, but I hold my own pretty well. I feel like I do relatively decent damage, am proficient in PvP, and never have a hard time finding teams. However, I'm post-shadowlands so I really don't know much about what being an Nt was like before. I'm quite happy, yes there is a LOT of room for improvment in the toolset, but I can do some pretty amazing things, and I've seen some of you guys around pulling things off that make even my jaw drop. This is definitely a profession to be played by the intelligent, and I feel that most of us have done a fine job of overcoming the limitations and making the best of what we have.

Fortunately, with the removal of ingots the number of gimps running around in circles is thinning out. That practice, in my opinion, is probably why we've been neglected and nerfd for so long. Theyr'e still out there, but all they're doing is repeating what they've seen done before, assuming that's the only way to level. The broader playerbase is no encouragment, even @ 212 I get people begging me to "just get me 4,000,000 xp" whenever I have to streak thru Elyssium. Our job as professionals now should be to encourage new Nts and get them into the profession, rather than gank them and tell them "don't kite ely hecks". When I told some of the newer Nts in my org about other ways to level, they tried them and haven't touched a heckler since. Rather than alienate half the up-and-coming flock by shunning them for doing what they think theyr'e supposed to do, why not guide them instead?

As I said before though, I came along well after Shadowlands was released, so I only have a small part of the picture. As I also mentioned, I'm happy, but in fact I really don't KNOW any better. I've rolled other toons and tried them, and frankly I'm so used to struggling that all the others bore me So what exactly are the issues at hand? If Funcom agreed to "fix", say, 3 things, and continue fixing them until we were happy, what would they be and why?
    So you haven't gotten into those teams with a Shade or Adventure who is running DamageParsers watching you're damage per second and then explaining that you are doing too little damage and in turn slowing their overall SK/minute stat? Lucky.
    LOL

I'm a little confused by this thread, in that I'm having a hard time seeing the issue at hand.
    No, you're not. You've stated a big part of the issue later in your post.

However, I'm post-shadowlands so I really don't know much about what being an Nt was like before.
    Pre-Shadowlands is when an NT actually fit the original role we were given, provided that NT was played 'intelligently' and had decent gear.

I'm quite happy, yes there is a LOT of room for improvment in the toolset, but I can do some pretty amazing things, and I've seen some of you guys around pulling things off that make even my jaw drop.
    You're correct. This is why we grumble. There is a LOT of room for improvement. I check out most profession forums because I play several different professions. NT is my chosen one, however, I've seen minor issues in other professions get fixed before the major ones of the NT that still haven't gotten fixed. Take...fixer speed buffs in SL. They complained because they wanted their speed buffs to work. Fixers are supposed to be fast, they said. Well...those got fixed pretty quickly, relatively speaking. The NT was originally a damage profession with a slightly lesser ability in the area of damage mitigation. Run a parser and you'll see you're nowhere near competitive with the top of the damage chain, and in a situation where damage mitigation is absolutely necessary our toolset still falls way short.

This is definitely a profession to be played by the intelligent, and I feel that most of us have done a fine job of overcoming the limitations and making the best of what we have.

The limitations are part of the problem, somewhat. While I don't want the profession to be easy, I don't feel that Damage Profession A (at level 215) should be struggling and pounding 15 different keys just to deal half the damage that Damage Profession B (at level 200) is cranking by hitting Q and M occasionally.
    My NT theme song.

Account Created
    2001-07-31 02:33:55

"Go uranium or go home!!" - Slagarr

Matters not if you're a king or a lowly street sweeper;
    Sooner or later you're gonna dance with the reaper.

Omgz0r so JaDeD!

So you haven't gotten into those teams with a Shade or Adventure who is running DamageParsers watching you're damage per second and then explaining that you are doing too little damage and in turn slowing their overall SK/minute stat? Lucky.
    Honestly, no, I haven't had this experience. I'm not top of the damage ladder no, but not bottom either, plus we have calmz0r and are nanopumps. Everybody's played with a jerk @ some point, and I'm not going to let some snob shade make me hate my toon just becasue it can't Od him! Because of me, those other 4 tuins are waiting patiently for him to pwn them, instead of tearing him apart all @ once, and the doctor is locked and loaded to heal him when a hit lands on his squshy opifex chops

I've got ALOT of respect for those of you who have gone all the way in this profession because I know it's a challenge. I can agree with the idea that we need more damage, there's certain things that my doc alt can kill faster than my Nt, though I submit that our actual damage itself is fine, we just need to be able to deal it ~faster~. After reading through it again I find this is a very good point Masta made earlier on.
    I wear your petition as a badge of Honour.

Noticing that this thread was started back in March, I've decided it is about time to post something in regards this ongoing issue with NT's. I fully realize that Sill has stated that changes are coming and that they don't occur in a single patch (and infact the problems become far worse each patch)...however what really is a decent time frame to fix fundamental problems with the NT class? One has to ask oneself what is the real reason why FC hasn't corrected the most basic of flaws the veteran NT's have pointed out ad nauseum. (Ironically Sill's comment about probably never fully satisfying veteran NT's now applies to NT's who were noobs when these supposed fixes where in works).

This is not any attempt to flame in any way, but it does seem to me a type of spin and pacification by FC to keep us going until LE comes out and supposedly “might” give us some fixes. However, what FC seems to fail to realize is that not many vets are going to invest in LE until those fixes occur. A NT would have be crazy to actually pay even more to get rudimentary fixes.

Us veterans can not expect FULL satisfaction, however we are the ones who daily experience the overwhelming lack of competitiveness we have at higher levels. Of course it isn't the lvl100 NT who is going to see these glaring flaws, it is the veterans. I just utterly fail to see why these issues have not been corrected by now. They are glaring obvious basic flaws. The only logical conclusions I reach are that FC either 1)Doesn't want to fix the NT class (however I do believe Sill that they do) 2)They are unable at the present time (probably do to a lack of devs or resources) to correct these problems. 3) They just want to keep telling us they are aware of the problem and to hold on until LE comes out. (This is the most profitable conclusion, however with more and more leaving the game...the net profits do seem to be lessing for FC).

As hard as it is for our profession to get to level 220, we deserve so much more than we are receiving. It's a simple one patch solutions that holds no exuses. Triple the damage output on all SL nukes that are 210+, and x4 them for 219 and 220.
    LOL

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast