Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: cap healing at 40% ?

cap healing at 40% ?

i know this could seems crazy but i really find that's fight between healer class and non-healer class r a way too unbalanced

for example i start a duel, bring the MA to 20%, he heals => full health, (btw i m at 60%)
    i start nullity, bring him to 20% again, hop full health (i'm still at 60%)
    nullity finish, i bring him again to 20%, hop full health
    i die :/

going from 20% to 100% in 2 secs and that 8-10x / fight is really unpowered when you fight a non-healing class :/

this should be capped, at least for non-doctor profs

/wishes
    Killdarules / Bellgarath setup (dreamsetup (lol))

Band of Brothers

Achiever 73%
    Socializer 46%
    Killer 40%
    Explorer 40%

Wow! MA's with complete heals? Where? Tell me what nano they're casting. The biggest self heal that MA's get (that I know of) is Enlightened Aura of Healing which heals for 566-1026 points, has a 2.10 cast and 8.29 recharge. At level 154, depending on which combat suit I'm wearing I have between 4100 and 4400 hit points. So even if my heal does the full 1026 (which almost never happens, average is about 600-700), that's only one quarter of my health returned. And then I have to wait another 8.29 seconds before I can cast it again.

At any stage of the game up to where I am now I've never been able to self heal for more than half my health and that hasn't happened for about 100 levels. And as for doing it every 2 seconds, yah, riiiight! Even the lowest level heal (Personal Healing) has a 5.57 second recharge and the recharge time just gets longer with each higher level heal program.

You sure it's an MA you're fighting and not a Doc just using fists? If you really are fighting MA's, I'd love a hit of whatever you're smoking.

Originally posted by Kneebreakcer
    Wow! MA's with complete heals? Where? Tell me what nano they're casting. The biggest self heal that MA's get (that I know of) is Enlightened Aura of Healing which heals for 566-1026 points, has a 2.10 cast and 8.29 recharge. At level 154, depending on which combat suit I'm wearing I have between 4100 and 4400 hit points. So even if my heal does the full 1026 (which almost never happens, average is about 600-700), that's only one quarter of my health returned. And then I have to wait another 8.29 seconds before I can cast it again.

At any stage of the game up to where I am now I've never been able to self heal for more than half my health and that hasn't happened for about 100 levels. And as for doing it every 2 seconds, yah, riiiight! Even the lowest level heal (Personal Healing) has a 5.57 second recharge and the recharge time just gets longer with each higher level heal program.

You sure it's an MA you're fighting and not a Doc just using fists? If you really are fighting MA's, I'd love a hit of whatever you're smoking.
    yup.
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

Ahhh !! I want that heal also !!! Lol!! /me passes the joint to someone else..*Screeeams* "I want Complete heals!"
    Picture of me in real life
    -Honing är gott-

Healing classes in PvP...don't you just hate em? (if you're a healingclass starta the blah blah already)

He was prolly using first aid along with heals.
    the 125 first aids i use give 600ish hp each use and if i heal at the same time thats 1200-1300 hp i get back rather quickly. this guy could have used a 200ql flower of life "an ma attack" which will heal the ma for 2500 hps, but he can only use this once every 5 min or so.

But Mas by far have the weakest heals since we have a long recharge.....and you cant count the first aid since im sure you use first aid also hehe. btw NTs that are "good" use shadow crown on MAs since it makes them use a much weaker heal im fairly sure you didnt try that lol. And another thing be happy that as an NT you can actually do good dmg on fixers with GA most mas cant.

i'm agent =p

but i talk with him and effectively, he said he could only do that every 5 mins
    Killdarules / Bellgarath setup (dreamsetup (lol))

Band of Brothers

Achiever 73%
    Socializer 46%
    Killer 40%
    Explorer 40%

Flower of Life heals 2500, + 1K-ish Enlightened Aura of Healing + first aid stim = ~4000 HP

how about halving buffs and debuffs too

how about halving all your unbuffed skills in pvp.

Oh im sorry your reduced to newbie nanos and your weapons are overequipped just cause your in pvp

Honestly unless you want buffs and debuffs halved in pvp too then dont start asking for heals to be halved too.

Or are you WILLING to have your nullity only protect you from 50% of the damage for half the time?

Originally posted by Oberon
    how about halving buffs and debuffs too

how about halving all your unbuffed skills in pvp.

Oh im sorry your reduced to newbie nanos and your weapons are overequipped just cause your in pvp

Honestly unless you want buffs and debuffs halved in pvp too then dont start asking for heals to be halved too.

Or are you WILLING to have your nullity only protect you from 50% of the damage for half the time?

The point is that DAMAGE is at 50% in pvp. Damage and heal are direct opposites, so when damage is halved, healing is effectively doubled.

Not complaining or taking any side whatsoever, just stating a fact.

well sorry i saw nullity and assumed you were an nt my bad.
    If i were an agent fghting an ma i think mimic trader is the way to go. I know a few high lvl agents who do this. you can get a positive 300init with recomplier in mimic trader and you can debuff his heals attack power ect.. and since you can use the shorterm crit buffs that traders cant use you can do some serious dmg quick. Also the added attack rating a good divest plunder will give will make his evades alot less effective.

Originally posted by Atlavan

The point is that DAMAGE is at 50% in pvp. Damage and heal are direct opposites, so when damage is halved, healing is effectively doubled.

Not complaining or taking any side whatsoever, just stating a fact.
    Well do heals have a recharge twice as long as any weapons recharge, and in the case of MA's 4 times longer at least? Unless you have 8.5 sec recharge on your attack, how can you say they are direct opposites with eachother? You can hit me 4 times in the time it takes to do one heal.

Originally posted by Xzibi7

Well do heals have a recharge twice as long as any weapons recharge, and in the case of MA's 4 times longer at least? Unless you have 8.5 sec recharge on your attack, how can you say they are direct opposites with eachother? You can hit me 4 times in the time it takes to do one heal.

Huh? Is this serious? So, if I use a flashpoint, which IS SLOWER than your heals, then what?

bah, just return damage to 100%.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

-make damage 100%
    -make heals at 50%
    -make it impossible to attack during a heal recharge
    -nerf bracers
    -something else

just do something.....anything
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

Impossible to attack during a heal recharge? That would KILL MAs. We would then be the worst class for PvP in the game, worse than engies even. As it stands we have to start a new heal the instant the old one finishes recharging, and we still lose a good amount of HP. If you take away our ability to attack during heal recharges, then we wouldn't be able to attack the whole fight.

If you make healing 50% then it goes back to the deal about monster vs. player damage. If you're fighting a mob in a 25%/0% zone, and it has done 1k damage to you throughout the fight, and then someone comes up to you and snipes you for 900 damage, and you cast a heal that would in a pure PvM situation heal you for 800 points. Do you heal for only 400 points for 50% PvP damage? Or the full 800 since the mob did 1k damage? or 600 for a little of each?

Nerf bracers? Bracers are fine. If you're lucky enough to get 2 QL 200 bracers of the same dmg type, you deserve that 42% reflect.

Only solution is 100% damage. Whether or not the 40% cap goes or not is up to FC.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

No one hunts outside anymore

Originally posted by Sredni
    bah, just return damage to 100%.
    What the man said, I think return of 100% damage is required. However numerous special attacks must be taken into consideration to safeguard against instakills. Regarding bracers, they should be made unique so that you can only use one of each type at any given time.
    Last edited by Seraphael; Jul 14th, 2002 at 11:47:13.
    Seraphael - 200 fixer
    Pepzi - ** agent
    Troxitazz - retired trader

-make damage 100%
    -make heals at 50%
    What **** are you smoking, if anything we want 50/50 or ideally 100/100 but now your prof is gimped you want to bring down all the others with you. if heals were halved MA's/Adv's etc would suffer HUGELY, I can imagine a 250-500 heal at level 200 with an 8s recharge, GREAT.
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

Originally posted by Preeminence
    As it stands we have to start a new heal the instant the old one finishes recharging, and we still lose a good amount of HP.
    So MAs still lose a good amount of HP before finally killing of the oppostition, eh? Something must be done! FCs pet class is suffering!
    Seraphael - 200 fixer
    Pepzi - ** agent
    Troxitazz - retired trader

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast