Thread: Get rid of auto target

Get rid of auto target

Okay this aspect of the game is annoying. When you target a mob, it is targeted till its dead. I can switch targets but only to be spun around to hit the original one, this is the worst in boss rooms.I'll target myself and goto the lift so I don't die but miss it because I get spun around again and can even see the lifts anymore.

If I see my doc getting agro I should be able to go hit that mob and get the agro off. Since I can't change targets I have to use other ways of getting agro.

Personally if this game is to be more realistic, we should be able to target a mob ...hit it and target multiple others and hit them at will. Plus there is no real skill in tanking or crowd control. assist is too slow and if you hit the wrong mob your alone till everyone else is done.

Just seems to be a weird way to have fighting setup.

I believe you can map assist to a hotkey though. Also, tab cycles through mobs, although it can be quite annoying to attack sometimes.
    Esp. when it autoattacks a mob but the animation is behind- hit "Q" to attack and it actually stops. I've taken quite a bit of damage before that type of situation has sorted itself out.
    Isn't there a way to turn off autoattck (besides lowering aggdef) though? Thought there was something in options...

yes, in the misc options you can turn off auto-attack, this was added last patch

there is also a command line method for turning off auto attack and auto target. this should make it easy to macro them and use them quickly.

and...

for the Boss room trouble with finding the button the warp out, just go to 3rd person camera and hit '8' to get an overhead view of Mobs/teammates and the Warp Button.