Thread: damage levels

Question damage levels

ok, I usually dont put on my armor and weapons unless I am out hunting or in a mission. Now yesterday I went into a mission and was going to buff up and change, when all of the sudden this bloodcreeper ganks me! It wasnt a big deal, it was green and I was fast getting my armor on, but I noticed two things as I slowed down to think about what was going on. First the fact that there was a mob in the first room was kind of disconcerting because I thought that room was supposed to be empty and that usually where I get dressed and buff up. Second was the fact that when in my guild clothes, and in full armor the mob did the same damage. Sure my armor class raised over 700 points from almost nothing, but that didnt seem to have any effect. Buffs armor and all damage done was the same. even when I finally remmebered in all the commotion to turn my agg/def bar all the way up to Agg I still did the same damage levels as did the mob. The only difference that me getting suited up made was 1: I used my gun instead of fist, and 2: I attacked faster. Anyone else notice anything like this?

Post Yes.

Yes. While I still wear armor to feel "safer", I have seen no difference between wearing armor or not wearing armor...

To test this the other day0 I:

Fought a green mob in plain clothes (MA Trader)
    Zoned out
    Put on a BATTLE SUIT 2k AC
    Fought him again

No difference.

I have also testing this in similar situations.

Now, with a 2k battlesuit, the mob should have been doing 200 points of damage less per hit.

Didn't make a difference, though...

Provisioner

Talking well,

should I just stop wasting my money on armor or what? hell If I stay away from PvP areas does this mean that I can just go everywhere in my guild outfit and save all my money to get a yalmaha? man this is getting more and more depressing as I stay the only decent thing left is the role-playing I do with my guild and I could do that in a chat room. Though of course there wouldnt be any pretty toons to look at, but then again since I dont have an uber box everythings fuzzy anyways.

Glad I just signed up for the EVE beta... maybe theyll pick me since I have beta tested this game for the last 5 months.

Agree

I've posted on this before. It seems that changing armour only changes the numbers on your display, but does not effect the damage you take.

I have noticed that the Evade close combat skill reduces the # of crits and amount of damage.

I finally saw tank armour today and checked out its profile. I noticed it reduced Evade close combat, I therefore doubt this stuff is very useful.

But seriously man, how could you expect something like armour to actually work when nothing else does.

Good lord. Does anything work in this game?

Talking well,

But seriously man, how could you expect something like armour to actually work when nothing else does.
    Good lord. Does anything work in this game?
    some stuff works, I can..... no, wait, but I can definetly.... shoot, thats not an option either.......

DOH!!! forgot I'm a fixer, of course I cant do anything!!!!

nope, just figured out the one thing I can do very well:

Have uber gimped NT's own me. And not to mention I do a fine job dying to green mobs. I dont even think super-overequipping could save me since armors broke.

LOL, c'mon now, this is an easy one.

The mob was doing Minimum Damage. Once you have enough AC to make a mob to Minimum Damage no amount of AC will make them do any less.

Now try taking your bsuit and taking a few hits from a red creature. Then try without the suit. You will notice.

(sidenote) Why would you use a Bsuit?

Post ...

Actually, I doubt it was the minimum damae rule. We're talking about going from 50 AC to 2000 AC and having a mob so the exact same damage.

...and, I don't wear a battle suit. I got it as a mission reward, and thought I would use it for this test

Provisioner

I dunno about you or anyone that claims that AC doesn't work. I did a lil test today just for the hell of it. I'm lvl 47 and I have 1100 ac in melee. I got to some o----|----- Bio-X39 Public Enemy and had my armor on like I normally do. I engaged combat and the dmg he did was like : 34 34 34 34 34 34 34 34 34 34 34 3434 34 34 34. I stopped fighting him and executed calm on him. Then I took all my armor off and I had 0 AC in melee. I again engaged comabt and his dmg was like : 47 36 56 91 77 69 46 92 77 93 89 40 35 84.

That concludes my test and the results are obvious. I wouldn't dream of taking my 5100 ac off my lvl 144 Engineer. I'd be dead soooooo fast.

Been experimenting myself - it's just the human MOB's (still)

new bugg

humans mobs hit me for 80-100 hp and im only lvl 47 this only happens in missions my ac 1600 dont tell me that is min damge cause mobs in the field only do 30-40 something wrong here eh
    nothing works in this game anyone else have this problem. let me know
    Soldiers Rule!!!

If you're fighting a mob that hit you for the same damage no matter what ac you have, probably you're fighting a mob with a weapon that has the min damage equals to max damage.