Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concealment??

conceal

I've been experimenting with conceal on and off (I'm lvl 34 agent) and find that you can open a chest and re sneak but you have to hit sneak quickly and close the chest. If you try to take stuff out it breaks again. Also sometimes I can sneak past the Mobs in the first room if I hit sneak quickly but not the uber human mobs. I usually choose missions at equal to my lvl.

One thing I did notice was that FP does strange things to me. I can't sneak as well in FP enforcer also sometimes I counter a lot of nano programs in false profession. Maybe some of you should try sneaking in agent form.

Lately the cloak doesn't work for me unless I'm in sneak mode. I think it used to work at full run.

lemme just say...the thought of being just a rileman makes me wanna cry. what's the point of calling the agent profession "agent" when nothing that sets an agent apart from others works (i.e. concealment). a more fitting name would be "sniper", although with the AS nerf, that wouldn't seem to be fitting either. IMO, every class should have atleast one thing that sets them apart from every other class, otherwise it wouldn't matter what class you choose to play.

if i recall correctly, one title of the agent class is "spy". ok, here's Webster's dictionary's definition of spy..."one who keeps close and secret watch on others" key word here being "secret". ATM, there is nothing "secret" about the agent class. if a grey MOB can spot you when you have +1000 concealment, there's a problem.

Lorelai22
    lvl 80 Agent...umm...Rifleman?

re

Sneaking missions was very fun at one time.

Once upon a time, we could rehide. There was still ample danger involved with sneaking missions, we could take loot.. and a good portion of the risk came from opening locked chests.

We did not receive tokens for this, and as a result ... most agents and Adventurers do not have tokens to this very day.

Now, we are not allowed to rehide once discovered. No more can we loot chests, nor can we sneak through missions undetected. It's as if a snake is smarter than a person with advanced concealment devices.

We have all been forced into becoming soldiers, and fighting our way through missions.

Luckly funcom see's the fact we can sneak through the first three rooms as enough of an advantage that we should fight through with a immensly underpowered character.

Allow us to rehide.

Question Not enough?!

Well, without trying to defend Funcom to much, they made sneaking a bit easier since 13.2. I, for myself, am again able to sneak 1.3 missions, didn't try higher ones, so far. Reds don't spot me automatically, it is somewhat more NPC/MOB-dependant (Perception?).

Nevertheless, as Ymodem-G stated: Once you are detected, the only way to go is to leave the area (Map is all gone - tata). I don't mind that to much, as it seems more or less logical (wrong word in the context of a SciFi MMORPG, I know). At least I would call the alarm, if I would detect an intruder in my buiding to inform the others.
    Now, after 13.2 it is sometimes possible to reenter and not get automatically detected - enough time to enter sneak mode, and the NPCs/MOBs do not camp the exit for that long any more. Nice balancing process .... .

My conceal is not so high (200; lvl50 Adv; +20; +200 Leet), how is it for agents. Based on the relativ silence around this topic, I assume there is improvement.

And, I don't think, a fully build up agent should be able to sneak through full hard missions without any risk - this would be imbalancing -> Rewards 1.8 your level. This doesn't mean, that it should not be possible, but it should not be easy. The hardest thing in any profession shouldn't be easy at all.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

Unlink Concealment from Aimed Shot.
    Nuff said.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12