Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Apartments

Apartments

In my apartment is:

2 cactus

a stereo

a lava lamp.

thats almost half of what I can own in my apartment, thats totally uncool and impractical.. I need a bed, a table, chairs, somepictures, and a fridge and more,,

I need at least 30 pieces !

Up the max from 10 to at least 30!

Thankyou

At least make it so we can buy more space! BUMP!
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

We need to be able to hold more then 10 items before we even consider getting more space.

Being able to purchase different layouts would probably be the simplest solution. I've seen a lot of nice apartments on missions, as I crept through them, ambushing and brutally murdering the hapless occupants...

All the furniture is fixed, of course, but that still allows for a little personalisation. The 10 item limit, while still undesirable, becomes less of an issue if you have the basic furniture built-in to the apartment.

A couple of things that would improve the basic apartments:

Something to sleep/sit on in the unfurnished apartment, such as a basic bedroll (seen in missions, again). A proper bed would be nice, but as I'm sure you've noticed, apartment furniture is like the mission chests, you can walk right through it.

Storage that worked. I've got a fridge, a couple of plants, a clock radio, a painting and a drawer unit in my appt. Neither the fridge nor the drawer works as a place to put things. I'd like to see lockers, chests etc. that could be used to store the enormous amounts of spare stuff that the tradeskill professions tend to generate. The bank's fine as far as it goes, but it rapidly becomes disorganised.

There's more on this subject in MissMaul's sticky thread.

Cheers,

~R~

i want a bathh tub and a robe and an internet access / email system.

Ooh- internet access/email would be really cool.

If the stereo could be used to play your own MP3's, that'd be cool, too. Black&White did something like that in a patch- they incorporated WinAmp into the game.

It'd be great for social events as well, as you wouldn't have to tab out of the game to connect to the feed.

Let's not go overboard folks

I agree that an apartment with built in furniture would probably be the best way to implement the larger pieces of furniture such as beds, couches, tables and chairs. Then we could personalize our apartments with plants, paintings, sculptures etc. etc.

How about it Funcom? Can you offer us apartments that come already furnished with bed, couch, tables and chairs that can't be moved? At least it would be better than the haphazard furnishings we have now and it would solve the problem of people using solid furniture as barricades.

I like the idea of making the stereos actually play music, via winamp plugin. Right now its like Barbie's playhouse, really a sad scene I mean, at least with the Barbie stuff I could chew on the stereo even if it didnt play music!

Originally posted by Emiko
    I like the idea of making the stereos actually play music, via winamp plugin. Right now its like Barbie's playhouse, really a sad scene I mean, at least with the Barbie stuff I could chew on the stereo even if it didnt play music!
    Well it would be nice but I'm afraid that it would cause a lot of memory problems.

true, like there aren't enough already

Since people complain that there are no sink holes for money in the high end game, then make apartments a sinkhole. For extreamly large quantities of credits, allow modifications.

A grid terminal.

A bank.

One 'backdoor' (or more) that opens up to a city or op somewhere.

An insurance terminal.

More customization. Perhaps when entering your apartment for the first time, you'll be run through a menu driven multiple choice. What color walls etc.

All of these would cost an inital cost. 100 mill? 200 mill? Plus a daily upkeep. 1 mill. 10 mill? *shrug*

It would be something else that high level people could have access to instead of pvp. Or camping. Or actually, playing their lowbie alts untill Tar respawns etc.

However, I feel that this and in fact ANY addition to the game should ALWAYS take a backseat so that the Devs can fix what's wrong. So that they can actually take out the lend line of nano formulas that they are quoted as saying oh really? We didn't realize MAs still had them. They were never suppose to have them. That was for beta testing purposes only. One year later...hrm.

Ive never seen Tarasque yet

Apartment wishes

I'd like to see:

1. more items. (bought items)

2. customizable apartments(more rooms, size, color, etc.)(maybe bought items)

3 The ability to take my front door and place it on another surface/wall in an area where my alignment has control (omni, clan or neutral) Probably will have to collect my belongings before the move.

4. A bank terminal would be nice. (bought item)

5. A grid port where I could warp to. (bought item)

6. Up the item limit. With only 10 items I can make my front hallway look great but the apt. is empty. 2 Large vases on stands, 3 sculptures, 2 paintings and a stereo. When I log my character, I log in the hallway. It looks best. The apt. is empty. I need the item limit up'd so I can decorate the apt. right.

7. windows/skylight would be nice.

8. A servant to do a variety of things. I will post this as a new idea with more definition as well. Check this link http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=38034

9. A Big-Screen T.V like in the mission areas. We could catch the news or shopping channels. With Sub-titles of course.

Thats all I can think of right now. I may edit later.
    Last edited by Grimmtooth; Jul 18th, 2002 at 03:29:51.

we need to allow apartments to have their keys duped so people can come into your apartment without being able to steal your items. Maybe have it so items can be picked up but if they leave the room the items will be sent back into the room where they previously were sitting

Dont let people into your home who you think would steal from you

Something like this was mentioned in another forum. Instead of having "real" windows, we could have store bought windows with fake backdrops of different places.

Oh yeah... windows. :P

And I like the notion of using apartments as money sinks, though rent sounds a little annoying.

I'd like to see, say... 5 different levels of apartments. All prefurnished, each getting slightly more elaborate and fancy.

The top end apartment should be about the size of Babboons, with the high ceiling and everything. Two walls should be windows with a view out on a city- just as the highrise areas look out onto a dummy version of the city.

I was thinking about windows too... Fake ones would already be great (even though I couldn't have my char enter back home through the window, but that's just personal fancy) and it'd change for having tha only 'external background' in your home be one of those paintings you find in chests or at the terms. Which paintings, by the way, you can never really see unless they're on your wall, and then only you realize that in fact they're damn ugly

A wardrobe for all social outfit would be perfect too! Leaving all my dancing dresses and Miir clothes between nanos-to-be used-at-next-level, too-high level maps found in missions and stored SOL execs at the bank is somewhat... really odd. Mind you, this is a game and not real life, but as messy as I am, never would I put my panties in the same drawer than my swords!

The daily fee for appartment outfits is a little bit whacky however... maybe money flows from the sky at level 200, but after having had to pay for your room's walls for 2 months you'll sooner or later end up having to do missions again to kill the time and get some more money... is it really better than running after bucks to buy your next weapon? ut I agree, the buying cost should be something significant. Redesigning your whole house is sure a lot more expensive than buying a new fridge - unless you want a fridge working on nuclear batteries.

And... And...
    If someone steals and you notice it (like displayed message "XX has taken your fridge") make the appartment suddenly become a 0% zone and allow you to lock the door so that you can... have some fun with the looter
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast