Thread: AO Combat Option! Plz Read.

AO Combat Option! Plz Read.

I feel what would add a TON to AO, is the availability to use combat as a first person shooter, as in, when fighting in first person, be able to AIM the gun yourself, and shoot it with a mouse click, or whatever key you want. The monsters could stay on the same system they are on, it would work nicely with the addition of a fps style combat interface, and would be a TON of fun to be able to play it that way, and also the old system if you want as well, but there would be advantages/disadvantages to each. If you use the old system, you'd have less of a chance to miss, but you would have a chance to auto miss or their dodge skills would be more effective vs this style, but if you controlled the shots yourself, you couldn't auto miss, and if you say hit their head you could get critical hit, lesser hit for hitting arms and legs, the damage done would still vary but their dodge and evade type skills would not be as effective, there would still be a chance but not as much of one. PLEASE post what you think as I'd like to gain alot of support for this idea, it would make alot of things a TON more fun.

would mean a total reworking of core programming to the game and its workings. thus it will never happen no matter HOW MUCH support you would get.
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

As an MA, I think I would miss out on most of the fun. If you want a system like that, I believe you should join a little game called Neocron, where if you have 500 polys on the screen at once you must be in the biggest city

Wait for Planetside.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

ok... I had thought about it for a while, and it wouldn't really require THAT MUCH to be done over, first person view is already there, so is the abilty to move it around with your mouse, all you would really need is the ability to have monsters recognized as like, a special item when you click them, and it would make your gun shoot. the workings are already there in my opinion because of the way the gamewas designed, but I'd like a techie from funcom to respond too. catcha ya later