Thread: Music Legend Dies

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Music Legend Dies

by Freelance Reporter Jillian "Savoy" Kaba

(IRRK) -- Music legend Claw Barley dies aged 74 after stim overdose. He was best known for hit such as 'No Whom-pah, No Cry' and 'I Shot the ICC Peacekeeper (but I did not shoot his droid deputy)'.

Claw Barely, the celebrated singer-songwriter, died last night in his hotel room in Rome Blue. The coroner reported the death was caused by accidental stim overdose. He will be mourned by a legion of fans.

A neutral citizen, Barley was in Rome for a series of concerts to mark his 50 years in music business. His career started as the lead singer for Rhino-Nation back in Newland’s musical underground, but he soon left the band to pursue a solo career in which he could enjoy total artistic freedom.

His songs featured a powerful mixture of politically charged lyrics and soulful, life-affirming melodies.

It is perhaps a fitting tribute to Claw Barely to end this report with a quote from his most famous of songs, "Campin"

"Ooh, yeah! All right!
    We're campin':
    I wanna camp it wid you.
    We're campin', campin',
    And I hope you like campin', too..."

Am I the only one that has no idea who this guy was? O_o

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Creator of the Newland sound? The 'Slow Claw'? I though everyone knew him.

It is a sad day.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Never heard of him...

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Never heared of him either, but the article said he was 75, and his music carrere is long long over. And considering that I m not born on Rk and not much into the rkan music scene....
    /me shrugs
    Free Souls
    --------------------------
    Rubi-Ka for the neutrals! And xp for tradeskills!
    Rimor Roleplay Channel (/tell Nrpb !join)
    -------------------------
    OUT OF BUSINESS!
    Mummu's Sound Bag v1.19; A custom Voice Pack for Notum Wars now working with 15.7 html chat system!

I think that the people of Rubi-ka are so interested in 'classical' music from the 20th century that they neglect to give enough attention to modern legends. May Mr. Barley rest in peace!
    Nezhinau 220/23 Engineer
    Building QL 300 Mutated AI Crabs Omnified with 5 gems!
    Also: 220 MA, 220 Crat, 167 Fixer, 155 MP, Dr. Toot

Sad news...
    R.I.P Mr. Barley
    Man or Machine???

Disciples of Omni-Tek

remeber kids - dont do drugs

The obtru helmeted fixer chortles just a bit, a loud hum coming from inside the helmet as she speaks her mind.

"That Barley guy.. I dealt with him once, he wasn't really the sweetest guy when it came to him wanting stims.. my god, he fiended."

A laugh from the clanner, before she just stops digging her own grave about the secret stim-trade
    Shadowfruit - Fixer of the Redeemed on Atlantean. Roleplayer, and definate socializer. Levelling nice and slow since 2003.