Thread: Bomb Scare In Omni-1

Bomb Scare In Omni-1

Feb 14 29479

OTPC Journalist Alice Doroshal

OTPC - Omni-Tek employees were in shock on Saturday to learn that a planned gathering of employees in Omni-1 Entertainment, to mourn the losses of loved ones, could have led to become a tragedy of its own.

Omni-Pol got tipped off from a announcement on the grid feed, posted by Katelin "Ukblizzard" McChristion, a unit member of an Omni-Pol division, announcing the gathering. What caught the attention of official channels was reference to a letter, apparently sent from Philip Ross

"Whenever the CEO's name is mentioned on the Rubi-Ka grid feed, we receive notification, and are required to follow up" said Captain Telamakus, of the Omni Pol division in charge of this investigation, "Our follow up to Ross' office confirmed that no such letter was sent, from his offices, or from Mr Ross himself. That is when we sent a team to the park to investigate"

What the Officers found was terrifying. The park, where the gathering was to be held, was wired with an Explosive device, which was not easily detected. Normal NCU scans would have ignored it completely. They were only found because of Omni-Pol security protocols, implemented since a apartment building in Omni-1 Entertainment was destroyed by the Dust Brigade a few years ago.

Some Citizens arrived for the gathering early and were shocked to find Omni-Pol asking them to leave the park. "We had a small company delegation in attendance..." said Charissa "Dabblez" Jurik a scientist working at R.U.R. "...then Omni-Pol arrives, They start sweeping the area, and tell us to vacate. Which we do."

She went on to mention that the news of a fake letter from Ross and of the bomb in the park left citizens outraged. She said Omni-Pol, "..explained how the letter was a fake, and a dirty, murderous ploy to attract mourners to the park to kill them"

As Omni-Pol secured the area, several wanted to know where Danist Standon was, the Atrox who had originally planned the event, and who is rumored to have had the letter from Ross. When asked about the letter, Ukblizzard, who seemed understandably annoyed in my interview, said "I didn't personally receive a letter. It was not addressed to me." When pressed on who it was addressed to she only replied, "I do not have that information"

Her report of the incident claim that she only posted the event on the grid feed as a request from this Danist person, and although there are no Omni-Admin or Omni-Med records of any Employee under his name, she says not only in her report, but again when I spoke with her that. "It wasn’t myself that was inviting. The invitation I was making everyone aware of was not to something that I had organized"

Captain Telamakus said that a Warrant has been issued for Danist Standon, but they were still keeping open several possibilities on who was behind this threat. "Our investigation is not yet complete, however, we believe he is behind this attempted sabotage and we will deal with him accordingly if the evidence proves it to be so"

A division of Omni-Pol's Ukblizzard adds "His name is not very common. If anyone saw an Atrox called Danist then I would recommend them to forward his whereabouts."

Many Omni Employees remain concerned about the incident. Cristin "Swiftmind" Moscardelli, director of a Omni-Mining division, said "If indeed this was some type of hacker or imposter, we certainly do have a big security breach on our hands." She was however optimistic of Omni-Pols abilities to handle the situation. "They will be found, subdued and eliminated. I am confident that Omni-Pol will do its best in finding this security leak and Danist himself"

Earlier today a statement was released from Phillip Ross' office

"We confirm that no letter regarding the planned gathering, was sent
    from this office or even written by anyone inside of this office. Mr
    Ross does believe it is important to remember those we have lost in
    the wars of the past, and honor their memory. However, it is strongly
    recommended to not hold large gatherings in public areas, while the
    situation on the planet is hostile.

The incident in Omni-1 Entertainment proves that even with a global
    threat like the aliens, there are still those who will take advantage
    of the situation, to cause harm to good Omni-Tek Employees. We also
    remind you, that any gathering arranged by these offices will be
    announced through official channels. Any claims otherwise should be
    immediately reported. Omni-Tek Protects!"

-Department of Philip Ross - Omni-Admin

Indeed, this is what one would call a huge security breach. Seeing that Mr.Danist is nowhere to be seen I am sure finding him will unveil this mystery.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Exclamation

Do not even be pointing fingers at ICC Resistance doubted there were a lot of ICC Sympathesizers there. It would have been a marvelous blow and the direction towards peace between Omni and the Clans. The Revolution has begun the people are standing up the ICC will crumble to dust.

Also; pending in investigation by ICC Resistance Investigators, ICC was involved in the bomb it was undetected. Only bombs which we have seen like that are made by one corporation, ICC. It is made for there black-op teams even those who support the ICC are now targets. ICC is ready to reclaim Rubi-Ka.

The Future is Now.
    Freedom for All, Death to the ICC.
    Royalty by birth. I now discovered my future. ICC Resistance Leader. ICC wants to reclaim Rubi-Ka. And, I am a fighter not a diplomat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty_Tepulus
    Only bombs which we have seen like that are made by one corporation, ICC.
    Since when is ICC just one corporation?

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros
    Since when is ICC just one corporation?
    Never; ICC has been running Sol Banking, Omni-Tek, Omni-Trans, Omni Prime, and countless other corporations. And, now they want Omni-Tek and the Clans which is runned by Sol Banking. Then take over all operations on Rubi-Ka; what is going to happen after they reclaim? No one knows. All I know is this Omni-Tek and Clans will be gone.

ICC will take over all Omni and Clan buildings and keep mining Notum. What does ICC lose? Nothing. I will find out more of this bomb used. And, figure out why Omni-Pol found it. Impossible to find this piece oof hardware. I am going to hack in Unicorn Company Database and see if they know anything of this nature. Because; it was found by Omni-Pol, I believe Unicorn Company has access to this hardware.

Wonders if Unicorn Company is runned by ICC and not by Omni-Tek now.

The Future is Now.
    Fredom for All, Death to the ICC.
    Last edited by Kitty_Tepulus; Feb 15th, 2005 at 20:41:50.
    Royalty by birth. I now discovered my future. ICC Resistance Leader. ICC wants to reclaim Rubi-Ka. And, I am a fighter not a diplomat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty_Tepulus
    I am going to hack in Unicorn Company Database and see if they know anything of this nature. Because; it was found by Omni-Pol, I believe Unicorn Company has access to this hardware.

Wonders if Unicorn Company is runned by ICC and not by Omni-Tek now.
    I have patiently watched the accustaions made against the ICC without doing anything. Now, that you so blatantly merge the Unicorn`s with the ICC I can hold my toungue no more.
    I demand you take back your accusations and explain yourself!!!

There is no sense to your reasoning what so ever. You claim in one sentence that the ICC actually IS the aliens in disguise, witch is technologically impossible((Taken from another thread)), and then in the next that the Unicorn Company who have fought in the forefront against the aliens to also be ICC governed?!?!
    Sometimes it stings to have a rambling toungue eh?

Not only are the Unicorn runned by Omni Tek they are also the essence of the bravery Omni Tek stands for in its research and exploration for the greater good of the entire civilisation we know. If you are doubting who the Unicorn Company takes its orders from I suggest you "hack" your way into some common sense in stead. Believe me, you will have far greater chance of success with that. Hard as it may seem......

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Exclamation

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=367812

I am still working on the ICC Conspiracy. But, indeed ICC wants the reclaim to Rubi-Ka. They will get it no matter what. They are using Omni-Tek like pawns in a game of chess this time. There is one winner it is neither Clan nor Omni involved. But, the ICC. Omni-Tek did all the hard work terraforming 3/4 of the planet. Now, all ICC has to do is get personnel and fill in the empty buildings where Clan and Omni lived and worked. And, starting mining Notum.

And, it is not ICC in disguise of the aliens. Get your facts right but the ICC using creatures from this planet and gentically altering them. Look at the spaceships. They are ICC Battle Cruisers.

Look at this planet. ICC is in striking distance of both Omni-Tek and Clan Control Land. ICC would never allow Omni to build on their land. Neither would Omni, but ICC is on this planet when who owns the claim Omni. But, ICC is here. Why? It is actually ICC who owns Rubi-Ka. And; Omni was trying to govern Rubi-Ka, like they owned the planet. So, ICC had Sol Banking start a war with Omni. Who runs the Clans, Sol Banking they have not stopped funding and supplying the Clans. Now; if you look at who the enemy, it is not Omni nor Clan but who owns this planet the ICC.

You want to attack anyone, attack the ICC. ICC will fall. Then, we will all be free.

The Future is Now.

May all those who support the ICC be bombed and killed a miserable death.
    Last edited by Kitty_Tepulus; Feb 15th, 2005 at 22:42:46.

Nah, the Unicorns aren't ICC. The Dust Brigade, maybe, but not ICC...

Actually that should be the other way round, Dust Brigade are Unicorns. Whatever.

And Simon Silverstone wears womens underwear. The current Ross is an alien grown clone of the original, who is actually the secret underground leader of the Clans.

Man, I love making stuff up. Its soo much fun.

Except for the Dust Brigade = Unicorns. Thats true. And possibly Silverstone wearing womens undies. But I couldn't say for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Veloxity
    [...] Silverstone wearing womens undies. [...]
    That would explain quite a lot.
    Free Souls
    --------------------------
    Rubi-Ka for the neutrals! And xp for tradeskills!
    Rimor Roleplay Channel (/tell Nrpb !join)
    -------------------------
    OUT OF BUSINESS!
    Mummu's Sound Bag v1.19; A custom Voice Pack for Notum Wars now working with 15.7 html chat system!

Exclamation

ICC Resistance has been in the dark too long now. Here and now the lies stop. Doubted there may have been a bomb scare in Omni-1, but now. ICC, I have a message for you start telling the truth if not every city, every territory you occupy will be destroyed. ICC Resistance is now a terroristic organization against the ICC; bombs will be placed in ICC Occupied Facilities. We will try destroying your precious Headquarters in Andromeda. ICC you are done for. For, the war you caused. And, hurting and dragging Omni-Tek's name through the mud for the past 700 years. ICC you are now finished.

Oh, and I am sending your genetic created creatures back where they were, in little test tubes. ICC; we are going to place a bomb in your precious headquarters have fun finding it.

The Future is Now.
    Last edited by Kitty_Tepulus; Feb 17th, 2005 at 13:20:25.

Exclamation

Everday now. ICC Headquarters has been bombed by ICC Resistance. We are being heard. We demand freedom from tyranny of the ICC. ICC will not reclaim our planet. Boss Pinnochio Ross is in hiding knowing he is a target. Clown Puppet Silverstone is in hiding and nervous of ICC Resistance we know he is a puppet.

The ICC Resistance is comprised of Omni-Tek, Clans, and Neutrals for one thing Freedom from the tyranny of ICC. We will fight ICC till our dying breath. We will kill everyone who supports ICC. We will kill anyone who gets financed by ICC. ICC, we the people of Rubi-Ka want one thing. ICC we want you off this planet.

And, there will be bombs placed in your headquarters everyday of the week till you start telling the truth. Omni and Clans we do not want war, but ICC you persist to have a war going. The money you get from the countless billions upon billions of credits is blood money.

Chairman of the ICC I want your head a simple wooden platter. Because I am not greedy enough to get it on a platinum platter or even cheaper silver platter. Just a plain wooden platter.

The Future is Now.

Kitty as much as i dislike the ICC and the Unicorn's I just can't believe that a group that has provided so much for me such as omni-tek would align themselves with such evil, so as of this time I will keep my aliegence.

So I was wondering why you feel the need to make such great assumptions about this group and these company's, what do you have to gain?
    Last edited by Xarem1234; Feb 21st, 2005 at 10:31:20.
    Zeiram: 210+ Engineer Unitmember of Hells Heroes
    Alltheenemys 100+ Nanotech Unitmember of Cosmic Forklift Inc.

Kitty, you're just throwing around mindless propaganda while disreguarding any real facts.

Then you say the article pointed fingers at your resistance, when in no part of the article was this so called "ICC Resistance" was even mentioned.

Exclamation

Xarem I gain absolutely nothing. Except, a world where Omni-Tek gets back its good reputation like it was 700 years ago before Omni-Tek came to Rubi-Ka under the ICC. I want to see what everyone wants to see peace between Clans and Omni. Those in Corpoarte Board Room meetings want war and us to suffer. Why everyday I have been planting and detonating bombs in ICC Headquarters. I want one thing ICC off this planet and out of corporate affairs of all corporations telling them how to run a corporation. When in fact, ICC is a Corporation.

And, Dale it never said who did it. So, wanted people to know ICC Resistance was not involved in the bomb at Omni-1. But, to think about it we should have and it would have gone off. Killing hundreds of ICC supporters.

The Future is Now.

Kitty_Tepulus, you have repeatedly presented false and unsupported information. The ICC is not a corporation, it is a group established to govern relations between corporations through out the currently known universe, it does not produce items, it mearly acts as a moderator between parties. It also represents the neutral citizens of Rubi-Ka.

Your information on bomb production is a false statement created by you. You have no information regarding the production of any and all weapons on Rubi-Ka.

The ICC holds no ownership rights to Sol Banking, Omni-Tek, Omni-Trans, or Omni-Prime (especially not Omni-Prime). Also, the only corporation just listed is Sol Banking, all others are subsidiary divisions of the Omni-Tek corporation except for the Omni-Tek corporation itself which is, obviously and by nature, itself. Sol Banking does not run the clans, they funded (as in do not any longer) them because they see them as a way to get the resources of Rubi-Ka, then they tryed to come back and the Clans and Omni-Tek wouldn't have it, they teamed up and spanked the ugly monkey that is Sol Banking. The ICC has regulated control of many resorces on Rubi-Ka (such as transportation using the Whompa and Grid systems) so that they may be availiable to all citizens of Rubi-Ka. The Interstellar Confederation of Corporations (ICC) is only there to harbor relations between factions of any kind. They are like the United-Nations of ancient Terra (earth). It is made up of many different representitives from different corporations and companies.

My next point is that the ICC can not reclaim anything as they never had it in the first place. Rubi-Ka was claimed and is legaly owned by the Omni-Tek corporation, they do not have to comply with the ICC in any way, they choose to so they may create a more unified Rubi-Ka. The Omni-Tek corporation could preform an orbital bombardment of the entire surface of the planet (Rubi-Ka) if they wished as the lease dictates ownership by the Omni-Tek corporation, if it did not, it would not be a lease.

The ICC does regulate notum mining but only to make it availiable to all citizens of Rubi-Ka as stated in my third paragraph.

There is no way you could find out more information on the bomb used, and it was stated how and why Omni-Pol found it, they have a more strict procedure and more advanced scanners then your average NCU is equiped with. The fact that Omni-Pol found the bomb dictates that it is possible to detect it, therefore you can not say it is impossible.

You can attempt to hack the Unicorn Company Database however there are many problems that mite arise. First being that their database mite be independant from the Grid, this would be a simple and effective measure that I am sure they have taken. Second, if you are able to find some sort of link to the Database, the encryption within each and every file, not to mention the server(s) itself would take so much time that they would have tracked your location and had you arrested or perma-killed.

The Unicorn Company is an independant company that has been contracted out to the Omni-Tek corporation, they are run independantly in all forms, however, because they are hired out to the Omni-Tek corporation currently, they anwser to Omni-Admin, just like the rest of the "Omni-Tek Family Companies."

There were no reports of bombs going off in ICC territory at all, from any source, even the independant news sources on Rubi-Ka. I wonder why you insist on pushing this story the way you want, as it is not up to you at all. I know "we are players and we should be able to decide" well, they are the company that owns the game and even all of your posts on these boards so they can do whatever they want, smart or dumb, good or bad, monkey or 9, 42 or purple.

If any of this information is incorrect please inform me. I would appriciate it if you cite specific examples of where the information is officially displayed otherwise, if you do not cite expamples then I will assume you are making it up like you have with a lot of this other information.

I have also posted in some of your other threads about this conspiricy, please review them as I have reviewed ALL of your posts on these boards. I belive it will make the discussion more intelegent and thought out, not to mention productive. I would like to try to fill in these gaps in the story line. Maybe we should start a new thread to compile the entire story line without any opinian, then after we compile what we know is fact, we can dirive other fact. From that we can form ideas and opinians of what mite happen next. What kills any good disscussion is assumption, that is what I belive we should stay away from.
    Like a stealth ninja polarbear, I slip silently into the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightzilla

There were no reports of bombs going off in ICC territory at all, from any source, even the independant news sources on Rubi-Ka. I wonder why you insist on pushing this story the way you want, as it is not up to you at all. I know "we are players and we should be able to decide" well, they are the company that owns the game and even all of your posts on these boards so they can do whatever they want, smart or dumb, good or bad, monkey or 9, 42 or purple.

If any of this information is incorrect please inform me. I would appriciate it if you cite specific examples of where the information is officially displayed otherwise, if you do not cite expamples then I will assume you are making it up like you have with a lot of this other information.

I have also posted in some of your other threads about this conspiricy, please review them as I have reviewed ALL of your posts on these boards. I belive it will make the discussion more intelegent and thought out, not to mention productive. I would like to try to fill in these gaps in the story line. Maybe we should start a new thread to compile the entire story line without any opinian, then after we compile what we know is fact, we can dirive other fact. From that we can form ideas and opinians of what mite happen next. What kills any good disscussion is assumption, that is what I belive we should stay away from.
    ((asuming this part was ooc then and the rest in character? Must say I agree with you... the whole conspiracy thingy is a bit drawn out of nothingness Kind of like it anyway though......))

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

Exclamation

Knightville I do hate Atroxes big and stupid, only good thing they are attributed to is looking good in a thong. The history tells all ICC is a corporation. ICC has the claim to Rubi-Ka and ICC is the one leasing Rubi-Ka to Omni-Tek. Was not for ICC, Omni-Tek would not even be on Rubi-Ka. You want to point fingers who started the war blame ICC for sending Omni-Tek to this first place. Read the history it is all there and just put ICC in each part of it there is a link. And, there is your ICC Conspiracy.

The Future is Now.
    Fredom for All, Death to the ICC.

Well it's good that I'm not an atrox in RL, and even better that my first character (on this account, as the first account I had died many many moons ago and it was when I was playing on 56k with a voodoo 3 gpu, so I never really had a chance to understand the game though all the lag) was a nano-mage. I still have him, even though he has had many incarnations in the past, all have been short, thin or average build, nano-mage, meta-physists.

The ICC is not a corporation and history tells us that it isn't. The ICC is a group of companies, corporations, and the AO invented "hyper corporations" that is almost an exact replica of the current United-Nations. The United-Nations is not a country, however consists of many countries and governs them. The same goes for the ICC however you have to replace countries with companies, corporations, hyper corporations.

What would be interesting is information on the current political status on Terra (Earth) as I would like to know if it is still run as it is now, or did everything lead to the eventual take over by companies and corporations.
    Like a stealth ninja polarbear, I slip silently into the night.

((Knightzilla, remember that this is a roleplaying forum. Kitty is roleplaying a mad, punctuation-challenged conspirationist. As they write in movies: these posts do not necessarily reflect the true opinions of the poster. Or something. Do not take anything that is said in here seriously, and above all not personally.))

Well, Kitty. Some of your informations about the discovery are inexact: Omni-Tek discovered Rubi-Ka and only then they asked for a lease at the ICC, for these were the rules at the time. If anything was strange at the time, it was Omni-Tek's insistance on colonizing what seemed to be a barren and useless planet.

Now Knightzilla, you ask how can the ICC act like a corporation? I answer: easily. The ICC is meant to be directed by all the coporations, hypercorporations, nations, ... all the little "powers" in the human universe. But there are hundreds and thousands of them and they all have conflicting interests. How can you truly govern something so huge and conflictual? You cannot.

The obvious conclusion is that the ICC is not governed by the "powers", even if they think they are! Powers come, powers go, their influence fluctuates, their interests change... They think that they are making the decisions, while in fact they are smartly played the ones against the others, so that the ICC can do whatever it wants. And be thanked for it.

Now, Knightzilla, ask yourself a few question:

- Rubi-Ka is the only planet with Notum in its native form: it has an enormous power in economics and in politics. Yet seemingly only the SOL Banking corporation has made an extended effort to take some influence on the planet. Isn't it strange?

- Oh wait! There is another organisation. And it has actually implanted itself on Rubi-Ka already. It's name is ICC.

- In March 29444, ICC agreed to extend the lease (that they had previously shortened) under the condition that OT complies with all future ICC rulings. That's very kind of them, isn't it?

- A few days later, the very same month, ICC grants another coporation the right to buy (from ICC, who else?) limited interests on Rubi-Ka, starting on the date of the unextended lease end. If you wanted to start a war between two coporations, would you act any other way? This way, you could send "peacekeepers" to "keep the things in check", couldn't you?

- It took 21 years to the ICC to react to the first Rubi-Ka civil war. For the third civial war, when Notum had become an incredible tool of trade and power, it took less than one year for them to threaten Omni-Tek enough so that they abandon half of the planet. And 3 more years for ICC to send armed troops.

- August 21 29476 The ICC announces that they will use the emergency powers to deploy additional Peacekeeper troops on Rubi-Ka in order to ‘protect innocent civilians’. For one (One!) person permanaently killed. Given that in the rest of the universe everyone dies permanently, do you really think that they care about this one person?

- November 29 29476 The ICC declares an end to Omni-Tek's absolute monopoly of notum mining, opening up for all organisations to drill the precious element. This starts the 4th Rubi-Ka civil war: the Notum War. The ICC has an absolute control over it. And its 'peacekeepers' are already here. Are you surprised?

- No company, no corporation has said a word about the discovery of the Shadowlands or about the Alien Invasion. You would think that such huge events would trigger universe-wide reaction. Who is restraining them?

Cheers!
    Concealment is bugged in PvM: hit sneak two times after you zone. Only then you will be able to sneak properly.