Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weapons Manuals - what works, what doesn't and where it's broke...

Weapons Manuals - what works, what doesn't and where it's broke...

This thread is intended to become a list of those manuals that people have tried out and can confirm as being either working or broken. Please only list items you've tried out under the latest patch, and please only list weapons you've made yourself from a kit. If you've tried a manual and it didn't work, please tell us which step it failed at.

Important note: Manuals which worked at one QL do not necessarily work at all QLs within their range. Accordingly, please take the results below as a rough guide rather than as a definitive listing.

Please read page two of this thread for a more complete listing than I could fit into a single post (thanks Rustot ).

The following manuals work:

However, the following manuals are confirmed as broken at the specified step in the construction process:

The following manuals are broken at an unspecified stage:

If you've any experiences of your own to add, please post them below and I'll add them to the list.

Cheers,

~R~
    Last edited by Soyuz; Sep 10th, 2002 at 01:00:57.

Maussers have been working for I dunno how long.

Kolt 58s and Kolt PDWs worked.

Sleekblasters (all types) worked

Triplejolts worked.

Those are the only ones I've ever bothered with. The biggest thing though is you've got to be really careful with the QL of the components and the order of assembly for QL ranges of the finished weapon. A lot of people think they're just like implants and can use a QL 150 piece for a ql 23 gun. And while weapons of the same type all use the same parts, the order of assembly changes according to QL. You prolly know this stuff but a lot of newbies don't.
    Last edited by Kuroshio; Jul 11th, 2002 at 22:33:46.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Actually, I just followed the steps in the manual. Parts varied in QL from 4 for the energy weapons kit for the beamer, up to 40 (max for the shop) on the same weapon. I take it that parts above this level might cause problems, then?

Cheers,

~R~

Originally posted by Soyuz
    Actually, I just followed the steps in the manual. Parts varied in QL from 4 for the energy weapons kit for the beamer, up to 40 (max for the shop) on the same weapon. I take it that parts above this level might cause problems, then?

Cheers,

~R~
    Hard to tell. I don't have credits to burn trying to verify it does break a construction kit if you use a QL component outside the range specified by the manual. But I do know using the wrong order for that QL range weapon will break the construction, despite the kit accepting the components in any order that's valid for constructing a weapon of that type. So it always made sense to me to follow the manual's requirements to the letter before saying it's broken

It's a really quirky system. You can try assembling a Cast Off Minigrinner like it's a Ill-Treated Minigrinner and the system will let you...right up to the point where it breaks
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Update: tried two more manuals (Michael Patriot Ffi 29A and Cheap Michael Patriot Ffi 29A), both of which failed at step 1 of the process, leaving the SMG kits untouched. A pity, as the Patriot's a great weapon.

~R~

Ill-treated blackened blaster- ql 20, failed on step 2

ill-treated luxembourg rifle and disaffiliation sniper <ql 20 both work.

Thanks for the input. I've added your info to the list at the top of the thread, so that there's a single, unified list people can consult. Bad luck on the Blaster, by the way.

Cheers,

~R~

More bad news. The Cheap (1-20) and Simple (21-40) MTI Aleph recipes don't work. They get through their respective first steps OK, but fail on the second leaving you with a useless kit. Interestingly, although the components for the first step is different in each case, the component for the second is the same - the Ultra Long Composite Barrel.

Broken kits now outweigh working ones by 5-4...

~R~

I have done a lot of tradeskill work, and I can tell you for a fact that the tradeskill parts do work like clusters. It's only the construction kit that affects QL.

As soon as I get my other computer up and running again, I'll be able to get back into my weaponsmithing database, and I'll get you the results of my testing in here.
    Albea Naosuko Welding
    Mistress of Propaganda for The Honored Maidens
    "If I had a dollar for every time that happened... I'd have $3.50."

Aliases:
    Naosuko, NT, RK1
    Esselte, MA, RK1
    Albea, Trader, RK1 (Retired)

Socializer 86%
    Explorer 60%
    Achiever 46%
    Killer 6%

Originally posted by Esselte
    As soon as I get my other computer up and running again, I'll be able to get back into my weaponsmithing database, and I'll get you the results of my testing in here.
    Anything that speeds this process up is extremely welcome. I estimate I've already blown around 15k futzing around with kits etc, which at my level I can ill afford.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that kits that worked under previous patches will probably still work under the current one. However, I've heard reports that recipes that were once broken are slowly being fixed, so if it's possible could you list which patch the recipe was tested under?

Lastly, Funcom claims to have a list of known broken recipes. Would it be possible to remove known dud manuals from the terminals, to prevent people wasting time and cash on projects which won't work? Perhaps Cozmik could pass that along for us.

Cheers,

~R~

I'm almost ready to publish a new version of my Weapon Smithing site.
    This new version will allow you to enter which step is broken in any construction manual - or indicate if the weapon can be built.
    I've already done some tests, and here are some results:

working:
    * Dull Notum Staff
    * Ill-Treated Chunkprojector
    * Ill-Treated Heavy Grinner
    * Irreparable Blackened Miniblaster
    * Cast-Off Subturbine
    * Cast-Off Sleekblaster Minor
    * Cast-Off E-Beamer
    * Cast-Off Disafiliation Sniper
    * Cast-Off Blackened Blaster Rifle
    * Ill-Treated Mausser Particle Streamer
    * Cast-Off Suppressor

broken:
    * Cast-Off Mausser Particle Streamer
    * Cheap MTI Aleph
    * Simple MTI Aleph 99
    * Cracked Bolter 42mm
    * Useless Triple-Blade
    * Rusty Tripler
    * Cast-Off Right Slice
    * Unbalanced Mini Axe
    * Cast-Off Mini Axe
    * Low quality Santiago Crossblade
    * Cheap Amytlo Executioner
    * Refitted Polearm
    * Chipped Polearm
    * Dulled Thagh Whings
    * Dull Notum Spear

Also, Dharien said that the ill-treated blackened blaster was broken. BUT there are 2 different construction manuals for this weapon. One was added in 14.2.2 and the other is older but was still modified for the same patch. At least one of them is broken and they are both sold in the shops.

Just one more to add this time. The Irreparable Electron-Charged Pistol manual works fine, and frankly it's not a bad gun if you're a low-level engineer or other support class. The crits are small, but the base damage is fine and the weapon's fast, especially the recharge. Only requires two skills to use (Pistol and Fling), uses energy ammo and does damage against Fire AC. I'm using mine myself, and testing out the next recipe up just as soon as I have the 140 weaponsmithing required...

Cheers,

~R~
    Last edited by Soyuz; Jul 19th, 2002 at 23:57:16.

Cast-Off Electron-Charged Pistol works. Now all I need is a 10pt (!) wrangle so that I can equip the thing. Is there a Trader in the house?

Cheers,

~R~

Cast-Off Kolt 58 Magnum - working.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update:

Ill-treated Suppressor - working.
    Ill-treated Supernove Mk VI - broken at step 5, the Auto-Tracking targeting scope, because the part doesn't exist. Nice one!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers,

~R~
    Last edited by Soyuz; Jul 21st, 2002 at 19:21:23.

Quality Michael Patriot Ffi 29A - broken at step 2, 2nd combine with the Notum Alloy Strengthened Ribs.

I wish I had checked here before I wasted about 15k on some of the other weapons already listed as broken. *sigh*
    Last edited by Pumpkinator; Jul 23rd, 2002 at 09:26:15.

Another failure....

Over-Tuned Mausser Particle Streamer - broken at step 2, combining with Lock and Stock.

Great site(s) (http://www.virral.com/ for the Chemical Mausser) guys & gals !!

My 87 MA had lots of fun shoping for Mausser parts, Implant sets for Weapon Smithing, Elec. Engin. etc...

Too bad I didn't check that the assembling order of parts determined the QLs of the guns.... I have 3 or 4 QL 22 Chemical Maussers now, being the stubborn type that I am ....

It was a welcome relief from soloing missions, and gave me a new drive to level. Thanks again for the help from these 2 sites !!

RK1
    Grise2 (88 MA)
    Aparatchik & Refuznik (Crat & Rebellious pet)

I have checked up some recipes and has got tired. It looks not so bad, only 3 broken recipes from 52 checked.

Bolter 42/45mm

ql 1-23 broken at step 3
    ql 24-46 OK
    ql 47-69 OK
    ql 70-92 OK
    ql 93-115 OK
    ql 116-138 OK
    ql 139-161 OK
    ql 185-199 OK
    ql 200 OK

Nomad 21.7 NBG Ranger

ql 1-20 broken at step 2
    ql 21-79 OK
    ql 80 broken at step 2

Subturbine

ql 1-20 OK
    ql 21-40 OK
    ql 41-60 OK
    ql 61-80 OK
    ql 81-100 OK
    ql 101-120 OK
    ql 121-140 OK
    ql 141-160 OK
    ql 161-199 OK
    ql 200 OK

Disaffiliation sniper

ql 1-20 OK
    ql 21-40 OK
    ql 41-60 OK
    ql 61-80 OK
    ql 81-100 OK
    ql 101-120 OK
    ql 121-140 OK
    ql 141-160 OK
    ql 161-199 OK
    ql 200 OK

Sleekblaster Minor

ql 1-20 OK (ql100 rec)
    ql 21-40 OK
    ql 41-60 OK
    gl 61-80 OK
    ql 81-100 not checked
    ql 101-120 OK
    ql 121-140 OK
    ql 141-160 OK
    ql 161-199 OK
    ql 200 OK

E-Beamer

ql 1-20 OK
    ql 21-40 OK
    ql 41-60 OK
    ql 61-80 OK
    ql 81-100 OK
    ql 101-120 OK
    ql 121-140 OK
    ql 141-160 OK
    ql 161-199 OK
    ql 200 OK

Wow - *drool*...

Anyways, when do they start including 2H Blunt (*BEAMS !!!*) in the Database ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast