Thread: Reflect Bracers, PvP, and Ninja-Looting.

Reflect Bracers, PvP, and Ninja-Looting.

This is not a nerf cry. Hehe. (I have most of the bracers that I need anyway.)

Reflect bracers. Those beutiful things that deflects 21% of damage.

First let's do some math here. To start off, they are *extremely* hard to find nowadays. As far as I can tell, they no longer drop off of Unique mobs like they used to, and therefore 'ninjalooting' is the only way to effectivley get Reflect Bracers.

2x 20% Reflect Bracers and a 30% Soldier Reflect Shield allows 70% reflect. (72% is maximum, but a full set of ql 200 bracers are rare, and usually it will average out to 20% each)

In a PvP Situation:
    2000 normal damage is delt. So, 1000 damage from halved PvP damage. Then, 70% from the reflect bracers... And you only get hit for 300 damage. (NormalDamage x .5 x .30)
    A doctor can easily outheal a lot of damage. For example, an entire 10k alpha-strike pvp damage is reduced to 3000 damage, which a doc can Complete Heal to get rid of. I am not putting the pressure on docs, though. In other words, Reflect Bracers are very powerful.

Now, since they removed bracers from uniques (as far as I know), the only way to get them is from chests. The average drop of a Reflect Bracer seems to be about 1 in every 500 chests, as far as my expierence notes.

I am a 'ninja-looter', but I don't like to be. Many other people are as well, and none of them like it. It is also a psychological game. Every chest you don't get, running through your mind is that "Oh... there was a bracer in there..." Well, maybe that's just me, but anyway, it gets you rather stressed out in missions.

Anyway, there are a few solutions here.

For one, you could completely removed the bracers from the game. However, many people have worked a long time to get them - so this is not suggested.

Option A) Make Reflect Shields self-only. This gives Soldiers and Engies a unique advantage in Player versus Player.

Option B) In PvP, reduce the reflect qualities of bracers or all reflect in half.

Option C) Keep reflect bracers the way they are, and halve healing.

Option D) Keep reflect bracers the way they are and take Complete Heal out of PvP. (Not Suggested.)

For 'Ninja-Looting':

Option A) Make it so Bracers drop on unique mobs again. (not suggested - camp fest)

Option B) Make them more common in missions as loot.

Option C) Place bracers on Team Mission Boss Mobs (A 50% chance would be nice.)

Anyway, that's just my two cents.
    heh
    ~Chris

Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

Soldier mobs also drop them but thats like 1in every 1000 sol kills
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

Hehe, I got a couple bracers locked up myself.

Something should be done about reflection and the overlap effects it has in PvP.

Would suck not to have a buff that others would want in a group, but them's the breaks..

Megabio-phat ninjalewter!
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Well... I never loot chests in teams... Unless the leader (or someone else) takes the responsibility of calling the chests.

Chests are things to do in SOLO missions while waiting for that debuff to run off.

But a set of those bracers would be nice to have...

Actually, they drop off all mobs. Just like rare nano discs. I've found them everywhere from a wolfe in belial, to an mp mob in a mission, to chests.

But I agree about the self only reflect...i've posted this a few times in the pvp forum...this would make 2 class that are gimped right now in pvp a bit more powerful....although you'd have to give engi's more :P
    Fotik
    200 Clan Opifex Engineer
    Unit Commander of Storm

Actually I VERY much like that idea. Just as crits resulted in everyone carrying a shotgun and doing insane damage constantly, reflect shields are resulting in people taking minimal damage from all mobs and players.

Reflect shields should most definitely be self only. The fact that anyone can get what is almost the equivilent of a 1 hour and 10 minute TMS is ridiculous.

It might be a good idea to model Soldiers and Engies reflect shields after the model of MA and Agent crit buffs. Both should be self only. Soldiers should be the masters of short duration high reflection buffs but get weaker long duration buffs. Engies should be the masters of long duration weaker buffs. 1 or both classes should then be given a new line of much much weaker reflect shields which can be cast on others. Currently, with the way Docs can heal, a Doc with bracers and a reflect shield lasts as long as his nano pool does.

I think that perhaps the *best* way to balence it, now that I think about it, is to cap healing at 40%, like damage.

That way a Doctor cannot CH out all the damage like they could before. It also allows low HP classes to stand a chance in PvP.

~Chris

Unhappy Full set

I have a full set of bracers all but 1 title 6 but even the title 5 is 18 so its no big deal. But I spent a lot of time and effort getting them so a nerf or removal would hurt

making the soldier reflects self only however is the way to go, give us some other team buffs instead.
    ->X<- Proud Advisor of Genesis->X<-
    220/23 Soldier Xscape ->X<- Xscapee Agent 220/22
    Xxdevisxx Engineer 216/15

AO satisfaction level :[████] Content :[]: Discontent