Thread: Double the cost of programs/spells.

Lightbulb Double the cost of programs/spells.

I think pvp is way too short, so I'd like to see the casters have their nano pools sucked up at twice the rate.

Yeah every non-caster class is far too easy to kill for us pure casters. The casters have always been too uber.

Um....Yeah I'm joking about this, but its what Funcom did when they halved the damage output. Think about it. Caster classes have a set amount of "attack" and "heal" they can do. Funcom comes along and makes the attack half as effective and does nothing for the cost of the attack. Since weapon classes have virtually limitless (As far as a PVP battle goes) attack, halving their attack ability only makes the battle last longer. Halving a caster classes ability without cheapening the costs essentially makes that class not able to kill anything becuase they run out of offense.

An additional effect of the longer battles is that the casters have to use root, heal and etc more often also. This means that halving the damage really screwed their offense by more than twice!

Lets not ignore the fact that spells are like very slow firing weapons that have a very slow recovery time. Plus fumbles and being interupted.

I suggest that a 0.4 nano usage rate be implemented. For example if the spell costs 100 nano now it'll cost 40 in PVP.

Its quite obvious that the 1/2 damage thing really nerfed the pure casters because I have never fought a pure caster in the arena. No ones that stupid apparently.

Thanks

P.S. Yeah I know I'm stupid...but it's not my fault!

Yeah and also lets allow offensive spells to be cast on the caster, but not allow weapons to shoot oneself.....

At high levels Nano costs are hardly a problem for an NT
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

Hehehehehe....

We should have to do PvP in an orange zebra suit with green stripes and big fluffy bunny feet shoes with lights on them!

YOU'RE RIGHT PLEASENO! DOCS AREN'T POWERFUL ENOUGH!

That was a dumb idea... that's all I have to say about that.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Red face

Agreed.

Guns run out of ammo, too. Like a caster. An NT can root, like and
    better than any combat class, and run away to recover nano
    with HE, and first aid kits. (With enough skill, they save lives.)

That's just plain silly...

Are you saying Full Auto should only empty 4/10's of the clip, too?
    If you're not, than you're not being too fair, yourself...
    "Ideas are more dangerous than guns.
    We wouldn't let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?"

Not sure where some people got their information, but nano professions are nerfed.
    1: you can't recharge nano in PvP but you can reload.
    2: nano cost wasn't changed.
    3: fumble, resist, server error, a lack of auto-recast (I have to keep hitting the stupid nano for every hit, but you can go afk with a nova and it will keep firing), and server lag all reduce the power of nanos.
    4: nano packs cost a lot more than normal amo, unless you just love grenades or bows.
    5: there is a limit on the amount of nano energy you have, which you need to lvl or put IP into to raise. A soldier only needs to click on ammo in a shop however many times he wants to and he can get an unlimited amount of ammunition.

Yeah, docs are a bit overpowered in PvP with complete heals, but all other nano professions are nerfed from this (NTs do get a HE though, but my crat gets a terrible knock-off of it that is not nearly worth the NCU).

Originally posted by Maxtor 1-7
    Not sure where some people got their information, but nano professions are nerfed.
    1: you can't recharge nano in PvP but you can reload.
    2: nano cost wasn't changed.
    3: fumble, resist, server error, a lack of auto-recast (I have to keep hitting the stupid nano for every hit, but you can go afk with a nova and it will keep firing), and server lag all reduce the power of nanos.
    4: nano packs cost a lot more than normal amo, unless you just love grenades or bows.
    5: there is a limit on the amount of nano energy you have, which you need to lvl or put IP into to raise. A soldier only needs to click on ammo in a shop however many times he wants to and he can get an unlimited amount of ammunition.

Yeah, docs are a bit overpowered in PvP with complete heals, but all other nano professions are nerfed from this (NTs do get a HE though, but my crat gets a terrible knock-off of it that is not nearly worth the NCU).
    1: It's called HE and first aid. ROOT! Even if you're not an NT, the
    topic is PvP. How hard is it to get HE? Not very... enough NT's.

2)And it shouldn't be.

3)Has nothing to do with nano cost. Special attacks can miss,
    hits can be dodged, etc.. and server side? Well all get **** there.

4)Again, what's this to do with PvP and NA cost?

5)It's called a clip size. There's a limit on IT.

My suggestions:

Improve the bonus from nano kits. Higher value, per QL.

Reduce nano kit costs.

Give NT's nano programs that increase nano pool by a good size,
    in their next "love patch", whenever that may be. They're the
    masters of nano tecynology. If a crat wants it, he can ask for it.

Introduce better items to a)increase nano pool, and b)increase
    not only interrupt, but nano costs, at the same time.

Maybe a shop bought set of armor that modifies all of the above.

But halve nano cost in PvP? That's VERY iffy.. personally, I say no to it.
    "Ideas are more dangerous than guns.
    We wouldn't let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?"

Been awhile...buit here goes

The problem with the clip size arguement is that you would have to have a clip icon that you could only click on every 30 seconds to make it equivalent to a nano recharge pack. Then it only recharges your clip 3/4 of the way if you happen to have your first aid maxed AND implanted.

Then when you ran "out of"/"low on" bullets, you would have to right click that icon and if recharging your clip put more bullets in it than it could carry, you'd simply lose them.

Also if you happened to have yourself selected and hit Q/attack then you would hit yourself.

The arguement about getting outside buffs is just lame. So to be fair you would have to get an outside buff to recharge your bullet supply right? Stupid? You bet!

Root? did I hear root? HA HA HA HA HA HA....someone please slap me! Roots don't work! Simply cast a small damage spell on yourself and its broke! Yeah this probably should be fixed and then your arguement is somewhat valid, but there are special nano's that are intended to break root anyway. So root isn't as powerful as one may think. Its almost useless as of now.

Did someone say their special's don't hit and they miss also and etc. Firstly there are no critical hits for a spell, you get NO SPECIALS on a spell and almost all spells have a fairly long recast time. BTW: 2 seconds is a long time when you have to root between each attack and the melee range is enormous!

Lets not forget, I'm not asking for nano-pool to be double, but un-halved.

This also helps the hybrid classes a whole bunch.
    If Doctors are dominating now, isn't that a problem with the Dr. class?

This helps balance the game back to center instead of being skewed to melee/gun classes with poor nano-skills.