Thread: Ridding the experience players 2nd account and big group of friends advantage.

Lightbulb Ridding the experience players 2nd account and big group of friends advantage.

This was the over equiping(OE) focus. It did help do this to some extent, but did not go far enough.

The real OE problem still exists because NCU's can be purchased and filled by lvl 200 traders, docters and etc. Which again makes all those OE things usable again. Worse yet this means that the new player (The guy without a big group of friends) has a much more difficult time. Exactly the opposite of the intentioon of the OE patch.

Do we need to get rid of the OE then? No.

Should we create artificial NCU limits? No...

THIS IS HOW YOU FIX IT!

Simply use the same range (in level) rules for casting any spell on another player as you do in 25% zones. What this does is keeps people playing with players that are generally within their own range. The external buffs from high levels are what really ruin the game.

Why not simply limit the NCU's and belts? Well this could be done, but it doesn't address the issue directly. In addition it has the following problems:

A.) 1 uber buff still could be applied which would still imbalance things.
    B.) Players that actually buy all the general buffs and take the time to cast them won't be able to anymore.
    C.) Some classes don't need much NCU space while others need a whole bunch simply to cast their spells.

Thanks

P.S. Yeah I know I'm stupid...Its not my fault though.

You're right, it is stupid.

Why not nerf the few Fixer NCU tool line, too? =)p

Things are fine as they are. If PvP is giving you trouble, level your
    own main, and earn some cash to fund your PvP habit. PvP is all
    about having the best equipment you can, and using it the best
    of your ability. Just Non-OE the best you can, and plan a strategy.

That's what they did... things are fine, as is.
    "Ideas are more dangerous than guns.
    We wouldn't let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?"

"The external buffs from high levels are what really ruin the game"??? There are no meaningful politics, the missions are boring, there are serious bugs everywhere, and you think the biggest problem is twinking? I just don't understand this attitude. How does it hurt you that someone else, someone who probably leveled up a character the hard way in the past (not that leveling the hard way is all that hard in AO anyway), is leveling up a new character slightly more quickly than you? Are jealousy and greed your only emotions?

Just about any buff you want can be obtained either by just asking or by tipping someone on trade advertising it. Why is this an 'advantage' to certain people??

Looks like the few replies I got dissagree with OE limits also....

Oh well...

My guess is that they are all long term players....

And don't get me wrong if you played a long time you should get the reward of doing so, but WITH THAT PLAYER, not a TWINK!

Oh yeah, I'm a very long term player. I've been playing almost a whole month now. Perhaps the reason I don't see a problem with twinking is because I do it in other games, but I'm inclined to think it's more because it just isn't a problem. It certainly isn't because I've been twinking in AO.

Can you get more anal ?

PleaseNo! what is your problem? At one point or another everyone started in an entertainment park, with no money, no items, no friends, and no clue as to what they should be doing.

Life is hard to begin with, sure, but deal with it like everyone else had to do. If you think that a huge player base of high level characters presents a disadvantage to you, go play on a younger server, like RK2 or 3.

But dont complain because the uber lvl 2 agent that just killed your level 5 in the arena has more experience in game mechanics than you do, and a bottomless pit of cash to play with.

Life isnt fair, here or on RK, and only the strong survive.

Rookie Janee "Jakeaway" Briggs lvl 112 Trader ( Clan )