Thread: Character Info Command

Red face Character Info Command

I just recently switched over to AO from Dark Age of Camelot. I do say that I enjoy AO alot more than I enjoyed DAoC, but I have a request that be implemented into your game.
    I think that it is silly that the only way to get info on a character is to be standing right beside him to do a shift+left-click on him. What if someone is messaging you from another city and you want to find out his/her stats without having to ask them.
    In Dark Age you would just use a /who (/who <name>) command, and it would list off their name/guild/location/lvl, and if they weren't currently online at the time, it would tell you that also.
    I would like to see such a feature implemented into AO. I think alot of people would enjoy it. Thank You.

You can use helpbot to do that now, actually.

Just type

/tell helpbot whois Joe

(assuming the person's name is Joe, of course)

And Helpbot will come back to you with the person's level, profession, sex, faction, guild, and guild rank.

That's cool. I didn't know that helpbot could do that, but that is another problem I have with AO. No commands really seem to be as simple as they could be. In Dark Age, things are easy to pick up, and simple, but doing a "/tell helpbot whois Joe" instead of a simple "/who Joe" is retarted. I have noticed other people complaining that alot of the commands are very poorly designed, and I would have to say that I strongly agree!
    But I do thank you for replying to my post Cat.

Sure. :P

By the way- the reason this one is so obscure and awkward is because it's being handled by a third-party tool. It's not part of AO's built-in functionality.

So you're right- I do wish that function were simply incorporated directly into AO, eliminating all the extra "tell helpbot whois pretty please with sugar on top" stuff. :P