Thread: My fixes to PvP

My fixes to PvP

Im going to list my fixes I would do for PvP.

Here they are:

1. Fix roots. (Those classes which are very much counting on these nanos are getting seriously let down when a rooted player runs. The fix would be increasing root time slightly, making it harder to break the root unless massive damage was done)

2. Make interrupting a caster easier. (All specials would automatically interrupt casters, and crit blows)

3. Create nano-wipe spells (IE: Dispels, that doc has that nasty +500 hitpoint buff that is giving him uber hitpoints, lets DISPEL IT OFF, this would increase pvp time, because both sides would spend time rebuffing thereselves after being bebuffed (even during the fight), release this ability on items and nano programs)

4. Fix NT spells (I know this isnt part of the PvP change, but the main reason why this profession sucks is that their best nuke does 3600 damage a hit, the average trader 80+ can do 4000 in one hit with their uber shotties, what kind of advantage is that for a NT? I beleive the NTs need to have their range fixed so that they can atleast nuke a melee without getting hit, and their damage needs to be fixed so that a NT spell will always be able to outdamage a weapon of its equal QL)

5. Make more zones political and mayham. (Having only a select few political/mayham zones make it so that players are always fully buffed to the max. They are going in there with all the bells and whistles, giving surprise and having to deal with pvp while xping would increase pvp kills for everyone, because a prepared anything has a major advantage over anyone not prepared. Do not make ALL xp areas political/mayham but give those that are advantages, you get more xp per kill, you get better loot. Therefor players have to decide do i want easy faster xp, or do i want to hunt safely and quietly?

6. Make it so Neutrals can initiate attacks on both sides. (Omni and Clanners both have advantages, they get token boards, they get equipment only their side can use, put in a few more of these (side only nanos, and npcs who aggro based on what side you are) and thats enough of an advantage to give neutrals a balanced reason for their obvious pvp advantage.)

7. Release item/nanos that cut link from pets from their owners. (Its obvious most people will never be able to kill an engineer's pet or the two pets that are hitting you and healing the other like the MPs get, so lets disrupt the line between them. Make pets extremely fearable, and really realease some nanos that can make a pet's life miserable, IE: NT nano that instantly kills a pet, or does MAJOR damage, a Fixer nano called sabotage, which seriously inepts a pet, reducing his speed, attack abilities, etc, a beaurocrat nano that allows him to turn the pet on the caster for a limited time, these improvements would remove the major advantage pet classes have with their pets being uber powerful just so they can tank against mobs)

8. Reduce the distance that melee weapons can hit you. (Everyone sees the melee guy nail you 10-20m away when hes rooted, its such bull, lets drop this area down so that the reason that funcom made it so melee types do more damage is because people can get out of their range via roots, and slows.)

9. Increase the effectiveness of dodge/duck/parry. (Those characters which advance these higher will get the obvious advange of taking less damage via weapons. Those soldiers with high dodge will take less damage from thise insane wielding shotgun traders, traders who arnt advancing those dodge/duck/parry will really feel the damage of those soldier weapons which may not be as powerful as your shotgun, but are doing damage because they are hitting you square in the chest. I understand that this is used to a point with crits. But I think it needs to be raised further)

10. More debuff spells (Tons of them, make them all different, and all available to different professions. A huge range init debuff, a huge melee init debuff, a negative damage debuff (all those nanos that boost damage, lets make some to reduce it!))

Anyways these are my first ideas, i will be adding more and improving on the ones i have as people post or flame me
    Kizzim - Agent RK2
    Omni Quick Response Force

"Some people call me a Troll, I see myself as Denial of Service to idiots."

"The object of War is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."

There are other points I dont agree with .. mainly debuffs, why give them to everyone and lessen traders/metas... but one thing you said was very funny.

1. Fix roots. (Those classes which are very much counting on these nanos are getting seriously let down when a rooted player runs. The fix would be increasing root time slightly, making it harder to break the root unless massive damage was done)
    You go root a friend and see that the person is rooted 99% of the time for full duration (2 min is not long enough for you? HAHA). If you hit them then root can be broken, good chance of it too, and for good reason. Funcom has stated that there should be no reward with no risk. If you could just stand there and nuke me over an over when you were rooted then there is no risk, just grief play. BAD idea seeings how root is an instacast.

you sound like another unhappy NT, and I feel for you. Mine is on mothballs so I dont feel your pain as much, but I just think some of your points are way off base.

You want lots of major debuffs and then we will get matcreat ruin a new nano that reduces matcrea by MASSIVE amounts (like all the debuffs you speak of). Now you are COMPLETELY defenseless.... sound good? Or Timespace ruin... mmm no more roots for you.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

hehe now it's traders with uber shotguns... l0l

You wait. The world will flood, and swimming WILL determine who rules. It's like the song "AEnima" says, "..learn to swim."

I'll be standing on a raft pushing my red button (tm,) too, and laughing while everyone's head pops off.

I can see you dont PVP man, im in 2ho every day using my root and either 1. Players are using root break tricks (I know two different ones, one using player movement and they other using nano casting) and 2. My roots arent sticking 2 minutes, try 30 seconds if im lucky.

Why should traders get the only debuffs? their debuffs are huge, why not throw everyone else a bone and give them lesser buffs? Traders debuff every offensive skill, these debuffs can debuff certain nanos only. Im not a NT, i dont have a NT, but id atleast like to see NTs do something. A NT cannot stand up to melee he relies on roots, so stop your whining and care about someone other than yourself.
    Kizzim - Agent RK2

"The object of War is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."

[flame]

Ya, my rookie title says I dont pvp, look me up on rk2

I also have taken my NT out with some clan brothers and tested... they last pretty much full duration all of the time. I have yet to have one resist it and NOT get rooted. Even if it WAS 30 seconds, what nuke to you have that takes longer than 30 seconds? Oh wait, you dont have one that long, and you hit them, and the root was broken. The other option is you ran and dont konw how long the root lasted.

Yes there are exploits to break root, so ask them to fix THAT for jiminy's sake! And enforcers have a line of nano's that break root, called the rage line, look them up.

I have pvp'd with an NT and against them, I know very well what the deal is. I even test out this stuff in arena's with friends (root and wait, just to see how long they last vs different nanoresist which is broken right now).

Why should Traders get all the debuffs? they dont for one. Meta's have them too. Why not give enf some massive DD nano's, it is unfair that NT's are the only ones to get them (the good ones). You honestly DONT want my enforcer debuffing you until you CANT CAST.. just dumb. Hey, us enforcers need a grid nano too. While your at it why should meta/engineers/crats get pets, THAT IS NOT FAIR.. I want a pet, he should be a bulldog and when I summon him he should give me ming's red button that pops off everyones heads. I want speed buffs too! Those fixers are running too fast, it is not fair. Hey while your at it can I get some nice doc buffs? I could really use more treament. Oh, and false profession, EVERYONE should get it, that we we are all the same! I think you get my point.

*edit* in the first post you said "huge" debuffs, in the second you said lesser debuffs(how nice of you to change your tune). Try looking under general nano's -20 debuffs, that is a good chunk too fyi */edit*

Oh wait *rereads the post* You are not an NT, you dont have an NT. So you dont know how USLESS they could be if I could debuff matcrea (used for both nukes and roots). NT roots stick, end of story.

So what class ARE you. That would give me much greater insite to you infinite wisdom. And what Q roots are you casting, I would love to get on my RK1 char and see if they last only 30 seconds (unless that is how long they are SUPPOSED TO LAST).

What you suggest is the DEATH of NT's. Try rolling one and testing out your skills in pvp. They are thankfull that only 2 classes can completely make them useless for minutes on end (debuff).

Do not put words into NT's mouths. I have an NT of a semi-respectable level. You dont know your head from a hole in the ground on the topic so just go away.

NT's are trying to hash out what they need to be viable, and guess what, NOTHING you suggest is on their list.

Now take your bleeding heart out of the pvp forum before I squash it with my Q200 antitroll hammer of doom.

[/flame]

Final note.. I care. I care a lot. I play with every class (and have played many of them myself), and I wish them all well. I think that NT's need a hand up, along with fixers, crats, agents (fix what is broken FP and conceal), adv, and all classes that need it (I think I covered them all). AND FIX DAMAGE CAPPING, it makes fast weapons at post 100 junk.

*apologies to all who had to witness my flaming wrath besides this know nothing*
    Last edited by Yazule; Dec 13th, 2001 at 10:33:57.

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Yazule
    [flame]

Oh wait *rereads the post* You are not an NT, you dont have an NT. So you dont know how USLESS they could be if I could debuff matcrea (used for both nukes and roots). NT roots stick, end of story.
    God forbid you cant always cast your best nano ability.

Do not put words into NT's mouths. I have an NT of a semi-respectable level. You dont know your head from a hole in the ground on the topic so just go away.
    Fine ill stop suggesting NTs get fixed, ill let the begging and pleading only come from those NTs of "semi-respectiable level".

NT's are trying to hash out what they need to be viable, and guess what, NOTHING you suggest is on their list.
    Gee, guess your list and the rest of the NTs profession list dont match. 90% of NT begs have been "fix our casting range" and "let us do more damage."

AND FIX DAMAGE CAPPING, it makes fast weapons at post 100 junk.
    Wtf are you talking about with damage capping. The reason why fast weapons arent as good as two handed are two main reasons: 1. Quicker attacks on damage shields hurts. and 2. AC directly subtract from damage done with weapons. Lower damage weapons are going to do hardly any damage to things with higher ac.

Now take your bleeding heart out of the pvp forum before I squash it with my Q200 antitroll hammer of doom.

I can tell your some 14 year old who thinks he knows everything when this is your first MMPORG game. You beleive that because someone is given something that they should all be GARANTEED to use it. Just like a NT can be debuffed not to be able to cast their best nano formula, a soldier or agent can be debuffed to where their hits will not land, that is part of the game. What im trying to do is broaden out that a little bit, not necissarily making it so everyone is the same but making it so that TRADERS and classes like it are not gods because they hold the soul ability to debuff someone.

Look at your nano list, at higher levels -20 to a skill means NOTHING, your difference between one of your nukes and another can be up to 50-100 skill levels. Why should everyones protection to your nukes only lie in nano resistance? Why cant i debuff you to protect myself? My suggestions come with positives and negatives, using my system if i debuff your NT so he cannot cast his best spell, he can simply use another nano program or item to REMOVE that debuff, you cant seem to read. You attack parts of my ideas you dont like and dont look at them in whole. It was a suggestion for a redo of pvp, not implimenting just one, but rather almost all of them to be feasable.
    Kizzim - Agent RK2

ahh the truth comes out. You want debuffs to protect yourself from NT's

AC IS the reason for DAMAGE CAPS, you either didnt think about what I said or just have no clue

as for my age, look over the pvp section, you will find my age, profession and a long description of why I pvp. Do your homework my agent friend.

As far as supporting NT's boost, that is fine, but try to just support it, not anything else. You dont know WHY they changed range it seems, or you would know they will not get it back.

If you give something to people they WILL USE IT (look at Freedom arms or Decus coats). ESP in pvp. Your not happy being an agent? REROLL A TRADER. You seem to think they are god, so go make one. You cant give everything to everyone.

I level'd up my NT and then moved on to enforcer. NT's get too many tinkerings from the dev team, but I know the class. Major debuffs would KILL the class. Your not to bright to support boosting NT's but then making it so that they cant even nuke by every class in the game.

Why not suggest that when you dont have the skill your gun drops to your inventory? Like that Idea? I didnt think so. I personally self arm, so would be no skin off my back. Your an agent though and besides trader nobody overequips like an agent.

Again I will say it, You dont know your head from a hole in the ground.

Then you say I am self centered.

"why cant I defend myself" wahhhhh

NT's and agents can kill enforcer a decent amount of the time. And we are the big boys when it comes to hp.

I think you know 2ho, you dont know pvp. You know that arena and you know people that must OWN you and you hate it. Am I hitting close to home?

I have said my piece. You can argue with your self from now on. Seeings how nobody has put any suportive posts up here I guesss that shows what kind of ideas you got.

Im outa this post... good luck with your bad Ideas.

*edit* I played UO for 3 years. I saw more nerfstick than you will ever see with that game. I am an avid online gamer. UO Quake, Tribes, Tribes2, Nox, BETA AO, and AO (really it still is beta).

Your making assumptions, You know what that makes you right?
    Last edited by Yazule; Dec 15th, 2001 at 13:48:03.

ROFLOL