Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ring prices have dropped

Unhappy Ring prices have dropped

Anybody a clue? Maybe some official statement on this (that I missed).

I don't know exactly which patch it happened (14.2 or 14.4) but I manufactured a large number of silver and gold rings in 14.0 (7 bags full of stuff) and did some statistics.

In 14.4 I came back with some more bags and I had to recognize, that prices 'for rings' had dropped about 1/3:

- before 14.4: ql51 golden ring with perf. cut cold stone = 12.5k
    - 14.4: ql52 golden ring with perf. cut cold stone = 8.6k

It is tedious and time consuming to make rings, even if you are prepared (cutter, reclaimer, wire drawer, furnaces and ring templates). It is a 6 step process to make rings and why on Rubi-Ka did you cut down the reward even further?

Am I the only one, that recognized? Am I schizo?

So long,

Vermeer
    100% curious

I was a little curious about this myself though I haven't investigated. What I'm gonna try next is wether or not selling the ring and the stone individually would earn more creds than if I assemble them. From what I've seen, there doesn't seem to be much improvement in value.

hmmm

I hope you know that different shop terminals can give you different prices...

/me hopes they haven't nerfed the jewellery prices...

Worth a try

Thanks, Krabbus for the hint.

I am aware of the fact, that (as Omni Engineer) I will get best prices at Omni terminals, followed by neutral ones and clan (hihi).

Do you mean, between the individual Omni shops are differences? Hell, what consequences.

I will test this as soon as possible.

Both times I am refering to I sold in Omni-1 trade.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

Re: Worth a try

Originally posted by Maximilian
    I am aware of the fact, that (as Omni Engineer) I will get best prices at Omni terminals, followed by neutral ones and clan (hihi).
    hehe, this is nice

Do you mean, between the individual Omni shops are differences? Hell, what consequences.
    Before patch 14.2 or 14.4 it was like this, I always tried several shop terminals inside one shop to see if there was different prices - not sure if it's like this now because I haven't got the time to test it.

In my midlevels I lost a lot of cash because of this strange bug when I sold bloodplasma to the "wrong" shopterminal...

Exclamation Oh-ohh

Well, this is most valuable information and most probabely a bug as well.

I have a few bags of jewelry collected again, by now. Time to make some rings and test this - sigh, there are more than 20 shops in trade, aren't they?

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

Selling in different shop has been changed a few patches ago. You don't get more/less cash depending on the terminal you sell to, but your alignment.

Also, your comp lit afects price of stuff in the terminals. You psychology should afect prices of items sold by NPCs, but it doesn't, it depends on your comp. lit. Which is IMO a bug, but no1 is bothered by it

Hmm

-> Krneki: Hi Boss (as an OT Engineeer I consider the Profs as high rank superior ).

Serious.

'All shops same price.'

If it is so, and I see no point to doubt this, than FC has dropped the ring prices significantly. -> bad, very bad. Did the ring prices really imbalance the game economics???

Maybe you could put this on one of the next lists you hand to the community team.

-> CompLit. Was always wondering, why I get such good prizes at the Advanced Medical Supplier in Clon**** - explains a lot.

I did analyze a large amount of rings and gems (raw), as well as cut gems and silver and gold filigree rings.

The over all summery before 14.x looked like this (ql 60):

Average ring: ~2.1k
    Average gem: ~2.1k -> cut the gem (increase value by factor 2.5)

Average cut gem: ~5.6k

we add 2.1 +5.6k = ~7.7k for a cut gem and an untreated ring

The skilled Engi (and some other professions as well) buys some tools, extracts the ore, melts it down, forms a new ring from it and adds a cut gem on top of it - well 6 mouse clicks later:

Silver filigree ring with cut gem: ~11k
    Gold filigree ring with cut gem: ~17k

Made a profit of ~43% for the silver ring plus XP, not great, but attractive enough for me to do it, and
    a profit of ~120% for the gold ring plus XP - reasonable (in my eyes).

Right now it looks really bad: I got ~7.5k for a ql61 silver ring with cut gem and ~11.6k for a ql61 gold ring with gem.

As a matter of fact, you don't earn anything by making silver rings atm besides 3k XP for a ql60 ring (well) and the prices for gold rings have dropped to former silver niveau.

If you have a chance, Krneki, could you ask some official sources if this was intended or an uninteded side effect. With this change ring making will become much more uninteresting than before.

So long,

Max(imilian)

P.S. I will do some more analysis, when I find time for it. I find ring making so 'artistic' and peaceful.
    100% curious

Re: Hmm

Originally posted by Maximilian
    [BDid the ring prices really imbalance the game economics???[/B]
    No its a lot simpler than that

Rings were one of the few things Engineers could be good at (FC: Cant have that = nerf)

Rings were a tradeskill (FC: Cant have tradeskills interrupting the level treadmilling = nerf)

Sad but True
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Hold the phone

Originally posted by Krneki
    Also, your comp lit afects price of stuff in the terminals. You psychology should afect prices of items sold by NPCs, but it doesn't, it depends on your comp. lit.

Do you really mean that if I have a higher computer literacy at the time of sale i will get MORE money for my goods?
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Re: Hold the phone

Originally posted by Kissysuzuki

Do you really mean that if I have a higher computer literacy at the time of sale i will get MORE money for my goods?
    YEP! :-)
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

DAMN!

I could have done with knowing that 74 levels ago!
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Comp Lit Affects On Price

From what I have seen you seem to get 1% discount for every whole 50 pts of comp lit so if your comp lit is say 440 you get 8% and at 460 you get 9%. Also it seems that at 449 you get 8% and 450 you get 9%.

The same is true for selling stufff. You get 1% extra for every whole 50 pts of comp lit.
    Onariz

Re: Hold the phone

Originally posted by Kissysuzuki
    The same goes for psychology, high skills will yield better prices when selling to a salesperson. Where as computer litteracy affects the prices from vendors.

Seraphael
    Seraphael - 200 fixer
    Pepzi - ** agent
    Troxitazz - retired trader

Re: Re: Hold the phone

Originally posted by Seraphael

The same goes for psychology, high skills will yield better prices when selling to a salesperson. Where as computer litteracy affects the prices from vendors.

Seraphael
    And what vendor you sell to can affect prices further, I understand.

Clan vendor machines allegedly give fewer credits than Omni vendor machines.

NPC vendors allegedly give more credits than vendor machines.

Vendor machines in the different sections of the supermarkets (Trade, Nano, general areas) allegedly give different credit amounts.

The Trader Specialty vendor machine allegedly gives the most credits than any machines.

I hope that was filled with enough "alledgely"s to completely confuse people
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

/me looks around smugly

ALLEGEDLY...clanners can use omni map vendors (have seen this myself, don't know if it has been fixed) to gain the same price for sales as omnis do.

Seraphael
    Seraphael - 200 fixer
    Pepzi - ** agent
    Troxitazz - retired trader

If any rebels use the Omni-Tek map shop they will allegedly receive just as much as Omni-Tek employees get at that shop.

However, Omni-Tek employees that use any shop other than the Commerce shop including the map, cluster, or container shops that is also usable by rebels or neutrals allegedly will receive less money than if he or she were to use any Omni-Tek only terminal. Omni-Tek employees are allegedly advised to sell goods at a terminal that says Requirement: omni.

Prices at clan and neutral terminals are the worst.

All non-tradeskill omni terminals buy for 25% over the clan and neutral terminals, and the commerce terminal buys for 50% over the clan and neutral terminals. The tradeskill terminals, for whatever reason, treat you like an unwashed clanner and give you prices to suit.

This, combined with the complit discount (Hmm, frequent customer adds 55 complit = 1% discount) can really add up.
    Albea Naosuko Welding
    Mistress of Propaganda for The Honored Maidens
    "If I had a dollar for every time that happened... I'd have $3.50."

Aliases:
    Naosuko, NT, RK1
    Esselte, MA, RK1
    Albea, Trader, RK1 (Retired)

Socializer 86%
    Explorer 60%
    Achiever 46%
    Killer 6%

The Omni-Tek trade skills terminals treat you like an unwashed clanner because they allow unwashed clanners to shop at them too and they don't have any way to distinguish.

Exclamation Don't hurt me.

The only justice I see in decreasing ring prices is the decrease of costs to make nano crystals. Don't get me wrong, I learned about ring making AFTER the new patch so I'm crying in my seat at the amount of credits I COULD have made but didn't. However, I do get a decent amount selling nanos that people "want" . . . well . . decent in ratio of selling the instruction disc to a store. But even selling the nano to a store is profitable to the amount of credits it takes to make it. I don't mind the exp either. Well, that's just my opinion. Please don't hurt me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast