Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ring prices have dropped

FYI

Traders DO in fact get a higher rate at the Specialty Commerce Terms. I get almost 2x the credits selling there than at other terms, but it means we are limited on where we can sell. Also, although my complit and trader term may have influenced it, I also sold a QL61 gold ring, and got over 16k for it

Ring prices haven't decreased from 13.5 to 14.4. At least, AG says they haven't. QL 250 Gold filigree ring listed as 1.75 mil in both patches.

Originally posted by Shub
    Ring prices haven't decreased from 13.5 to 14.4. At least, AG says they haven't. QL 250 Gold filigree ring listed as 1.75 mil in both patches.

I don't know how AG calculates the value of the items in the database, but they are highly overstated. For example, http://auno.org/aodb.php?t=ag&cmd=view&id=136602 . That's a link for a ql1 engagement ring that's "valued" at 4k. But when was the last time you've sold one for 4k?

Lightbulb WOW!

I've done a little research with ring prices and I've found some pretty amazing stuff that I never thought existed. I'll create a new thread so if you're wondering about ring prices, you definitely should go read up on it.

Yep trader shops were very nice when battlesuits gave uber creds.

I guess if I knew more traders then I would sell my rings through them too.

This is how traders should work, you give them an item and they can make more money from it than you!

Problem with rings coming down in price is that engies (the only prof other than traders who are skilled in the process) are making less and less money.

Trade skills used to be a nice way to get the creds rolling in (sinse no one did them for xp), although they are still ok for creds, there are becoming less reasons to increase trade skills at all.

oh well I just hope they make the "custom" rings trade skill only!

Arrow

Originally posted by Tatsu

I don't know how AG calculates the value of the items in the database, but they are highly overstated. For example, http://auno.org/aodb.php?t=ag&cmd=view&id=136602 . That's a link for a ql1 engagement ring that's "valued" at 4k. But when was the last time you've sold one for 4k?
    I'm pretty sure the value in the DB is the base buying price, ie what it would cost you to buy in a shop if you could. As people have already mentioned, this is modified by lots of things. Selling stuff to a shop of course gives you about 5-10% (not sure of exact figure, but its a pittance compared to buy costs).

Post cost calculation

I did some research of costs of items and stuck all the results in an excel spreadsheet, what I found was that if you wanna work out the cost of some QL of an item to buy from a shop then you need the database figures for the cost of the items. Most items in the database have only one or two entries... things like nano crystals that are a fixed QL have one entry and items such as armor have a QL1 and QL200. There are a few items that have multiple entries or end points other than QL1 and QL200.

So once you have the cost from the database for the item you can then work out the equation for the cost at any QL.

this is of the form a*x^2 + b = base cost where x is the QL and a and b are constants worked out from the two known values of base cost and QL.

This then gives you the base cost. This is without any modifiers such as your complit skill or terminals. Comp Lit will decrease the cost of items that you are buying by 1% for every whole 50 pts of comp lit. Omnis appear to get a bonuse 1% on top.

The base value (selling to a vendor) is 1% of the base cost, but this is then raised by your comp lit.

I did this a while back and it still seems to hold true.

The only importance of this is... maxing your comp lit gets you more money, so it may be worth considering complit implants for shop selling expensive items. The value of items in the game increase with the square of the QL.
    Onariz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12