Thread: Omni-Tek Public Notice - Security Instruction

Omni-Tek Public Notice - Security Instruction

February 9 29479

(OTPC) - Omni-Tek Security Instruction 657///a45#2

**Overview**

All citizens of Rubi-Ka should be aware that under instruction from Omni Prime and the supervising Unicorn command on Rubi-Ka permission is hereby granted for all veteran fighters with experience of facing the alien threat to operate on a freelance basis under Unicorn authority in the outzone.

Increased volume of alien activity has been confirmed in the outzone and the Unicorn Company has established a base of operations in an old abandoned Omni-Tek facility previously known as Mining Staging Area Alpha-44.

All interested citizens should report to the Unicorn security administrator on site for further instructions.

**Additional Policy Addendums**

Police Action / Marshall Law sub-directive 12///b

This mandate is open to all factions, and Omni-Tek is graciously granting full immunity from normal security protocols for those Clan members arriving at the mining base to serve as freelance operatives for the Unicorn Company.

Omni Prime would like to assure all loyal citizens that this immunity applies only to the directed area due to the extreme nature of the threat, and that rebel sympathising clan members will still be subject to Omni-Tek police actions in all standard terraformed areas of Rubi-Ka.

Transport Requisition sub-directive 564///c1

Unicorn Transport frigates will be arriving at a temporary landing area in Andromeda and departing every ten minutes to take those seeking freelance contracts to the Unicorn base.

Please note this is an exception under standard military override protocols to previously issued sub-directive 564///c barring sub orbital flight over the outzone areas.
    Last edited by Socialfly; Feb 9th, 2005 at 10:15:57.

And so it seems the rumors and su****ions of aliens gaining a foothold in the outzones were true. A sad fact to witness. Not only have they been able to keep the citizens of Rubi Ka busy with constant attacks on our cities but they have also , and meanwhile, been able to gain a foothold in the least hospitable place on Rubi Ka.

I am sure people from all factions will swarm to the place in order to beat the threat down. Hopefully it will be enough.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

So Omni prime will not only allow the clans free access to the outzone to fight the alien menace but will even provide them with transport? this is a big step and speaks of desperation on the part of unicorn company, that they would seek so much assistance to control this incursion. Of all the reports i have heard so far this is the most worrying and should galvanise people of all sides to temporarily put aside their hatreds and fight for the future of Rubi-Ka.

I will watch with interest to see if Mr.Silverstone has a comment on this situation, as if he specifically forbids all Sentinels from joining this battle it may set a dangerous precedent for other clans
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

So Omni Tek managed to mess things up again? And yet again they need assistance? Never before I needed any permission to act as freelancer...yet alone from Omni Prime. I presume that Unicorn supervision means support too? Like suplying medical assistance and ground support out in the field? Or is merely "Enemy. There.There."? It's ok for Omni Tek employees to be treated as resource, but Clanners had rebeled against that in the past. And they will again.

By now it is clear that OT can't control situation or planet. ICC should review trading ban for Clanners. With all the suplies and newly arriving personel OT is barely ahead. All we're lacking is equipment. With new gizmos and weapons I'm sure we could complete where OT failed.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

This kind of talk helps only the Kyr, you have read my previous posts and must know i have grave reservations about Unicorn company but now is not the time to air them, we should look to defending ourselves from a threat far greater than ourselves, leave gloating and recriminations for another day. Freedom, which you prize so highly must be fought for, unless the freedom to die when your cities are carpet bombed by the Kyr forces is the kind of freedom you seek
    Last edited by Neista; Feb 9th, 2005 at 16:25:26.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Let's see...mutants, cyborgs, different fanatics, some strange black cloud, Biodome, etc...all from OT. No meantion of Unicorns. For fighting troop I'm sure they know supervising field of battle includes scouting, supplying and assistance. If they fail to provide those basics, they are either totally gimped or unconcearned about what happens. I have nothing against coorporation, being that Omni Tek or any other. They can go their way and I'll go my way. But should they try to force they way or by their actions try to force me into changing my path, then my stance changes too. Their actions so far costed a lots of lifes, brought nothing but misery to mases. For what? Profit? There are other ways to make profit. Becouse of greed.

Really Trgeorge you seriously need to step back for a few seconds and have a closer look at the situation at hand.

The aliens have gained a foothold in the Outzones witch makes them one step closer to invading this entire planet. The Unicorn Company have found this area and are offering freelance fighters from all factions to be shipped out there to help fight them back.

This is what is happening. Why are you making this into a "Omni Tek is evil" topic?
    Ill get back to that....

First some other things I wonder how you would have it done differently.
    You are offered to be shipped by air into the Outzones. How can this be critisized? Would you rather march out there? From what I hear the Outzones is not a very hospitable place to set up camp.
    You state that Omni Tek have messed up again. I can personally guarantee you that Omni Tek did not build a landing zone for the aliens to come down for a cup of Bronto Tea. They are invading this planet damnit! How can Omni Tek be blamed for the aliens foothold in the Outzones? I dont think the clans or the Neutrals could have prevented it either. Do you?
    And to top it all you talk negatively about the entirety of Unicorns asking for assistance in fighting the aliens. This really lines out the person witch is you. Do you expect to sit back with a coctail while the Unicorn`s rid the Univers of the alien race? After all your dirty talk about the Unicorn`s I would have guessed theyre invitation to all factions would be warmly welcomed by people as yourself. Now you have the chance to see what theyre really doing. The planet cries out for cooperation against these aliens and even so you dare question them when they ask for assistance??

Unless you have a motive for not helping get the Kyr race of this planet, Trgeorge, I would be thrilled to know what exactly you are meaning.
    Now if you could all excuse me I am on my way to fight aliens. Alongside Omni`s, Neutral`s and my alien-butt-kicking clanner friends!!

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    The Unicorn Company have found this area and are offering freelance fighters from all factions to be shipped out there to help fight them back.
    Omni Tek found this area....Outposts don't grow up overnight. So area in question has to be discovered some time ago. Withdrawing information only served one party. Aliens.

You are offered to be shipped by air into the Outzones. How can this be critisized? Would you rather march out there? From what I hear the Outzones is not a very hospitable place to set up camp.
    I never claimed OT to be totaly daft. If I wouldn't cope with problem, I too would like to get assistance fast.

You state that Omni Tek have messed up again. I can personally guarantee you that Omni Tek did not build a landing zone for the aliens to come down for a cup of Bronto Tea. They are invading this planet damnit! How can Omni Tek be blamed for the aliens foothold in the Outzones? I dont think the clans or the Neutrals could have prevented it either. Do you?
    So you know why aliens invaded us? Mind sharing? Of course not. If OT would be more prepared to share information, we might not be in this mess (or at least not at such scale).

And to top it all you talk negatively about the entirety of Unicorns asking for assistance in fighting the aliens. This really lines out the person witch is you. Do you expect to sit back with a coctail while the Unicorn`s rid the Univers of the alien race? After all your dirty talk about the Unicorn`s I would have guessed theyre invitation to all factions would be warmly welcomed by people as yourself. Now you have the chance to see what theyre really doing. The planet cries out for cooperation against these aliens and even so you dare question them when they ask for assistance??
    I have no idea what is this supposed to mean.

Unless you have a motive for not helping get the Kyr race of this planet, Trgeorge, I would be thrilled to know what exactly you are meaning.
    Now if you could all excuse me I am on my way to fight aliens. Alongside Omni`s, Neutral`s and my alien-butt-kicking clanner friends!!
    You just don't get it, do you? Clanners and neutrals live here. Omnis are only stationed. Do you think your precius Board would care about loosing Rubi-Ka past lost of profit? But this will happen. You are wanting to portrait OT as seed of cooperation. Can you handle truth? Cooperation is when both parties share info and resources for common good. I don't see this happening here.

Trgeorge, I think you are mistaken when you choose to blame Omni-Tek for all them mutants and cyborgs on Rubi-Ka. The cyborgs were a Clan experiemt gone bad - not an Omni experiment. And while Omni-Tek scientists are responsible for many of the mutants as well as the nigthmares in the Steps of Madness, lets not forget Dr Certes, a clan scientist who's mutants caused all sorts of havoc three years ago.

Let's just be honest here, there is very little in living memory Omni-Tek has done that Clans have not done too. No one is wlaking from this conflict smelling of roses.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Its nice to see everyone is using this opportunity to sling mud at each other

I have a question(or two) and I bet no one knows the answer...

Why did the aliens land where they did? Is there something important about that location?

The invaders may be technologically advanced but surely it would be easier (even for them) to setup operations in a part of the world already protected from Rubi-Ka's massive amount of ambient radiation. There's a part of this puzzle that we're missing and I'd gladly like to see it pieced in.
    Advisor of First Light
    Tradeskill How-To's, Engineer Profession Guides, and Jello Wrestling at The Tir School of Engineering
    Confused by Alien Tech? Check out my Alien Invasion Guides

New to Engineering? Try HighOrbit's Engineer Guide. Thanks HighOrbit

There is not any stationed Omni Tek troops in the outzones on a regular basis. Infact, there is no troops whatsoever(possibly exept the Dust Brigade no one is 100% sure) stationed in the Outzones. Thats why the aliens have landed there.
    If we had known they were building a base out there dont you think we would have tried to fight them off earlier? Before they were done?! And when I say "we" I mean all people of Rubi Ka.
    Seems to me some people thinks the alien care whether your Omni ,Neutral or clan........ they dont.

If the Sentinels( just an example) or anyone else had found that base I am sure they would have called for assistance aswell as this is a problem concerning every citizen on the face of this planet.
    Its true that outposts dont grow up overnight but do you really believe Omni Tek have people standing around in the deadliest environment known to man?? Im talking about the Outzones in case you dont know what I mean.

You obviously think Omni Tek sits on all the answers but are unwilling to share it. I thank you for your compliment but you need a reality check. Im done discussing with you here Trgeorge because I think your only goal is to be destructive and not productive.

Lyricia I think they set up a base in the Outzones just because its not populated by us, theyre enemy.

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Lyricia
    The invaders may be technologically advanced but surely it would be easier (even for them) to setup operations in a part of the world already protected from Rubi-Ka's massive amount of ambient radiation. There's a part of this puzzle that we're missing and I'd gladly like to see it pieced in.
    Granted that my encounters with any alien forces are limited to the ICC ShuttlePort however I seem to recall that the alien forces tended to use chemical and radiation weapons, it could be that the Outzone is more like their home, assuming they are not a engineered species, than the developed areas of Rubi-Ka.

And if that guess turns out to be off base then there is a second point to consider. When building a base it is always best to position it in an area that makes it difficult for the enemy, us, to reach and opperate in. Both describe the Outzone.

In either case it is fairly obvious that they have little trouble, compared to us, in dealing with the harsh conditions of the Outzone.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com